Wednesday, July 8, 2020

when will it stop?

UGH my neck is still twitching with pulses that send chills down my body. I'm pretty sure it is a pinched nerve from somewhere - but don't know where. I slept well last night without any problems, and when I got up this morning it wasn't hurting, but here it is going on 11AM and I am moving my neck every which way to get relief. Even the essential oils aren't working. Only annoying me cause I don't like the smell of all these together. But if it will help, I will endure. Still have not figured out what is causing the neck to irritate me. Hubby is bugging me to go get a massage and I just might do that. Boo - the person I used at the usual place is no longer there so guess I will go ahead and find someone at a location closer to us now. Nothing available until Friday @ 5PM that I can attend to. Will have to think about it for a few minutes before I select it.

I'm feeling antsy today. Can't seem to sit still. Perhaps part of it is my neck. Just put a lot of oils used for headaches on it - sure do hope it works. It's hard to focus when I have distractions like that. I'd rather be in the garage unpacking rather than sitting here trying to work when I don't want to. My boss and I had a meeting this morning at 8AM and we both have agreed we don't want to go back into an office to work. For one thing, I'm nearly 50 miles away from my office now, and they are looking at buildings even farther away than that! It may be a career changer for me if they insist I come in every day. Quitting work won't go over well with hubby, I'm sure. If I can just hold off for another year or so. My son-in-law has done a lot to make it possible that I can retire next year. Our new house payment, including HOA, is still less than what we paid at our other house (and we owe less). I have enough money left yet to pay off my car and I only owe a very small amount on a couple credit cards that I could pay them off right now if needed. I just like having some money in my account so am leaving it there as long as I can. If hubby would give me back the bills, I know I could quit work by the first of the year, but with not knowing what he is doing I cannot. I will not give him my entire check because I can't trust that he will pay all the bills on time. Past experience shows he does it when he wants to.

Today is my daughter and son-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary. They were planning on coming over here and putting together my desk and unpacking boxes, but I hope they go off and do something fun. Maybe at least go out to lunch and dinner. I'm not going to bug them, anyway. Putting the desk together can wait, as can unpacking boxes. That's my therapy anyway.

Teehee. Hubby went off to the bank this morning..... so I ran out to the garage and grabbed a stack of books and the step-stool and filled in a small section of the bookcase. He hasn't noticed yet. It's pitiful that I have to resort to that to get things done. But, I do what I can.

One thing for sure about our new home - the air vents are perfect for people who need air conditioning blowing on them frequently. EVERY room and every place that I sit, has the air blowing right on me. And I don't do cold air unless I'm burning hot. Which I'm not, I'm always cold. Even now I sit witha shawl over m
y shoulders becuase I'm cold. Of course yesterday and today it is partly because of the twitches in my neck that send cold chills over me. But I don't do cold. Cold, I want to curl up in a ball with my blankie and a good book and want to be left alone. Hopefully this winter it will reverse and I will have all the warm air that I want! The air circulation in this place is fabulous, for sure!

I haven't gotten much done this morning so need to force myself to focus and work. Hope you are having a good day!




No comments: