Wednesday, July 22, 2020

HumpDay Wednesday!

It's Wednesday already this week!  I'm so grateful I don't have any more BIG meetings this week that I have to attend and do minutes for, but I still do have one set of minutes to type and another report to do.  Not sure how I'm to compile that, but the 'chief's' I work with are to send me their 'stuff' by end of day Friday so that I can compile it for a big meeting on Tuesday.  Oh joy, another meeting I have to attend and take minutes at. Oh well.  All part of the job.


I've calmed down considerably today from the past couple days.  I've let the issue go and it's out of my hands.  That's the process of Let Go and Let God take care of it.  I'm just done with the issue.  And that's a good thing.


Had a good 'girls' night out' last night at my daughters.  Picked up KFC on the way over and it was good to catch up with my daughter and granddaughter on what is going on in their lives.  Sometimes we all get too busy to touch base.   Since I'm working from home - hopefully permanently - I can, I think, begin to plan some things.  I don't have to spend two hours on the road getting home so can possibly plan a dinner occasionally.  I would like that, anyway.


Almost finished with another baby blanket and am not sure what I will start next.  Probably another blanket since I don't know enough to begin another project.  My daughter and granddaughter are all over the place with learning new projects; me, I stick to two standard stitches.  The double stitch and the granny stitch.  I should figure out what I want to do and check out you-tube.  Maybe I just don't want to learn something new.  What's a stitch anyway, but a stitch.


Am supposed to have some people over for dinner tonight, but I've asked twice and neither time have they responded.  The conversation we have stops right when I ask the question.  So, I've quit asking.  I laid out a package of boneless ribs and will grill and put in the oven later this afternoon.  If no one shows up, I may be calling someone to come pick up what we don't eat for dinner.  And if they do show up, well, I reckon they will be done.


I had planned to start my new exercise program this morning.....and as usual, it hasn't happened yet.  Hubby says he has a doctor appt today and then needs to run an errand - if I'm not buried in something maybe I will try to do some exercises then.  I'm so tired of sitting on my butt all day and it is s-p-r-e-a-d-i-m-g.   Don't want to buy bigger clothes (hate to buy clothes anyway) so gotta do something.  I need to get out and walk the dog, for sure - but here I am, not doing it.


I got woke up in the middle of the night by the air conditioner noise.  I guess it is in the hallway above us, and I've noticed it is loud before, but it actually woke me up during the night.  As I laid there thinking I may have to get ear plugs so that I can sleep, a flower arrangement I had pinned to the wall above the bed - fell right in front of my face!  Maybe that is why I was awake.... if it had done that while I was asleep I would have flown out of the bed.  As it was, I knew what fell so I got it and threw it off the side of the bed.  I'll get it back up on the wall this afternoon.


Still so much I want to get busy on - haven't been back in the garage to unpack since Sunday afternoon.  Hubby has finally finished his shredding of boxes of papers I've given him.  And I'm getting a stack of my journals that I've come across.  I may take a break later and go out there and poke around boxes again before getting busy with work.  It's another one of those days. 


Blessings!







No comments: