Thursday, July 16, 2020

Day by Day....

Things are slowly getting done - the part I'm to do, anyway. I was actually able to get to the garage last night after working and clean out one box. I should have pushed to do another one or two, but I needed to stop to get dinner started. Fixed Texas chili. Pretty good, too. We'll have leftovers for lunch.

To tell how old this box of 'junk' was, it was from when I "retired" in 2011. Seriously!! I could not believe the things I found in there. I pulled out a few things and when I got towards the bottom I decided I didn't even know that stuff was there and regardless of the 'value' of labels, cards, envelopes, pens/pencils, clips, etc. - they were all going into the trash. I have plenty of "current" supplies and do not need to keep that. Sure, I could have put in a Goodwill box, but they weren't in any container - just loose in the box. The only explanation I can come up with is that it was from one of the moves within the company and I just dumped the drawers in the box - brought it home - and never opened it again. I think there are another one or two of those somewhere in that stack. After I got to the end of that box I glanced over at the stack of things I kept. And again, I decided I didn't need all that 'stuff' so pulled out what I thought I would need and dumped the rest in the trash as well. Yes, I got rid of some things that were still of use, but daggone it, if I haven't used it or needed it in 2020-2011 = 9 years - well, I don't need it now. Hopefully I can keep that mindset as I go through the rest of the boxes.

Hubby just left for an eye-doctor appointment down in the middle of Phoenix. I don't know who is happier to get out of the house - him or me with him getting out of the house. :-) Actually, we haven't killed each other yet during this quarantine. The key word is 'yet'. Most of the time he will leave me alone while I'm working, but he still interrupts frequently. And heaven help them if anyone wants to ask me a question! Those are the things we fight about - when someone else interrupts me.

SIL and GS brought me a printer yesterday that I could use with my work computer and my personal computer, which they also gave me. It's loaded, but for some reason it remains offline and I don't know how to get it 'online'. We frequently have that problem with our other wireless printer. Not sure what it is but will have GS look at it when he comes over today to do some more work. Our place is really looking good with all work they have been doing on it. Ok then! SIL must have known I was writing about him; he just text'd that he wouldn't be over today as they had something else they needed to do. And that's ok. They have spent a lot of time here fixing things up and have saved us lots of money. They deserve to be able to do some things they want to get done too. I appreciate all that they do for us. I'd like to surprise them and have a few more boxes gone before they come back over. Hoping I will do that! Maybe I'll take a break throughout the day and go out there. If hubby isn't monitoring me that I'm working, I can take breaks, right? :)

And then there are times like last night when I was in work mode after a 2 hour meeting and I was getting things done - and he can't understand why I'm working past my cutoff time. I was getting things done - that was why! Sometimes I just want to keep in that mode. Come the next day, I got to light the fire again and it starts out very slowly!

Ok - need to get busy. Checked on Sheeba and she is staring out the back door. It's quiet so I guess all is well. Or she is chewing on a box again. I don't know what it is with her and cardboard boxes - she loves to chew on them.

In my quiet time this morning, as I was going over all the things that grieve my heart and what I want to see different, I was reminded that unless I let them go, God can't do anything with them. I have to open my hand where I keep all these requests, and let go of what I want Him to take care of. Relationships are the hardest. I've seen God work through some this year already, but there are a couple that break my heart and there is nothing I can do but step back and let God do His thing. The one thing I keep coming back to is 'God's got this'. A friend reminded me of that comment the other night when we chatted. When troubles come, I need to remember that it doesn't catch God by surprise. He knew it was going to happen, and He's got it.

Thank you, Father, for always watching out for me. Heal my broken heart; I know You aren't surprised because Your heart is broken over this too. I open my hand and let it go. Please bring it to Your glory.

Blessings!






No comments: