I set my alarm for 4AM for this morning so that I could get up, have uninterrupted quiet time, and then walk Sheeba before sitting down in front of the new desk that I hvae. Yep, they brought over the vanity desk - and although it isn't very wide, at least I can fit my laptop, monitor, and keyboard on it. Barely. And I have a room in which I can shut the door when I need to focus. I have a window in which I can look out of when I need to refocus my eyes. (and I have a bed if I want to take a nap). :-)
I turned off the alarm around midnight cause I decided I did not want to get up that early. Why, I don't know. Then I tossed and turned all night because I knew I wanted to get up at least by 5AM... well, I got up around 4:30AM I think, then sat in my chair with my blankie and my eyes shut, praying and thanking God for His blessings.
That's one thing I'm learning (yet, I already knew, but didn't always do) from the book I'm reading, mentioned in yesterday's blog, that we should thank God for EVERYthing. That includes a home to live in, food to eat, electricity, water, COFFEE, spouse, children, friends, church, my job, things that we need or things that we do that we take for granted. So I took a little time today to thank God for some of those. And today I read not only about gratitude, but also about faith. That part is sowing in faith. Doing faith pledges, above and beyond what we think we can afford to give. That's an interesting one. Hubby and I disagree so much on that one... we have actually fought about how much to give God. Yes, you'd think that 10% is a no-brainer, and most times it is. He reads it, and agrees, but getting him to commit when it's a lot of money, is something else. In Malachi it talks about bringing the full measure to God and see what He will do with it. That is one of the reasons I have my own checking account, so that I can tithe off the money I get (except my check as it goes into the joint account). I know, I know, people don't understand why I have a separate checking acount. I have to. I can't trust someone that my bills will be paid on time (car, credit cards, etc. when I have them) and my credit score is what gets us this house. My name is what is on the loan becuase I pay my own bills. Enough said.
I've seen God work in my own life. Years ago when I lived in Kirklin, we never had any extra money. I mean, money was just not found and life with three children took all that we had. But we survived and I learned how to cook from scratch, and we never thought we were poor. I guess because that is how I was raised - we never had things we wanted, but we always had what we needed. Anyway, one Sunday I went to church with my friend Bertie. Just us and our children. The offering plate came around and I wanted to put something in and had no idea what I had in my purse. So I just decided that whatever I found in my purse I would give to God. I found $2. So into the offering plate it went. I didn't think anymore about it, but a few days later I sold some ceramic pieces I had made and we made nearly $20 I think it was. And I immediately thought about how I gave God the only $2 I had, and by doing so, He gave us back more. I have never forgotten that, nor His faithfulness to take care of us.
It's the little things that when we give them up to God, He always provides what we need, just when we need it. Even when we think we need it the most, He may withhold it, because He has something better for us. The deal is, you have to trust Him. You have to give it all to Him. Like my son needing/wanting a job. Circumstances being what they are with covid, his original plans with a job have failed him. But I believe that if he gives it to God, and asks Him to provide all that they need, God will do just that. In His timing, of course.
Ok - it's time for me to get to work and I am getting emails from both my bosses today already. Hope you have a fantastic Monday morning.
What are you able to express gratitude for? I'm definitely grateful for my health, and for my job. Yes, I'd like to retire at some point, and I will. But for now, God has me right where He wants me. And I want to stay in the palm of His hand.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment