This week seems to have gone by faster than usual. Maybe it is because I have been so busy that I have noticed it has gone by faster. I've had several meetings this week and minutes to type, and trying to unpack and everything else - it just seems to have moved faster. Here it is Friday again and my calendar doesn't look too bad today. I still have one set of minutes left to type today but I'm not worried about it for today.
Come Monday I have a 4 hour meeting I have to take minutes at so that will be a stressful time. But I'm getting better at taking the minutes as we do the meeting and even surprised one of my bosses the other day when I sat in on the meeting and immediately after, sent her the minutes and asked her to approve before I sent out. I got to get better at doing that as it will take a lot of stress and pressure off of me. Sitting through a 2-4 hour meeting and taking notes - and then trying to put them into our meeting minute form takes another 2-4 hours or more with interruptions. If I can listen closely and put them in while they are talking, then I'm done. Gonna try that routine, anyway.
Hubby has a dental appointment today to get a new crown. The office where we have always gone flooded not long ago so they are at another office that is much, much closer. Think 35th Avenue to 83rd Avenue. Yeah, a bit closer. Which means he won't be gone but about an hour and a half. How much can I goof off? :-) Naw, I still have work I need to do.
I'm still reading during my quiet time each morning a chapter or so in the book Double Blessings by Mark Batterson. Today was really good, and he talked about how we get double blessings when we bless others. Of course he also did talk about tithing and challenged us to double our tithe (if we can), and see what God will do with it. He also talked about paying it forward with blessings. LOL I've done that before, and it wasn't well received. Of course they didn't know I did it, which was kind of funny in one way. I'm still glad I did it although they couldn't understand it. It doesn't matter, I was blessed because I could. Maybe thta is part of the double blessing.
Just had a nice surprise - the SIL and GS are here already to get some more things done. They have already hung a mirror and a picture up and painting on the doors now. Then they will finish landscaping in the court area. I am so grateful for their help cause it sure wouldn't get done otherwise. I jsut give them full rein of the house and let them do whatever they think needs to be done. Sheeba loves them coming over and gets so excited, we have to crate her because she is so big she starts knocking things over! Maybe they are early cause it's Friday and they just want to get it done! They keep telling me to go around and hang up stickies so that they know what needs to be done - but I just haven't gottentto that yet. They seem to be way ahead of me on getting things done.
Found some of my old journals in one of the boxes yesterday. My plan right now is to slowly read through them, and then type in Word some of the things I want to remember. So much of my writings are just ramblings - I probably write more in here than I do in some of those - at least that makes sense. It's either do it that way - or trash them all. I would never want to hurt anyone by things I said, in my own hurt and frustration at them. Nor would I want them to ever think I didn't love them enough to 'get over it'. It's just where I was at that time. I want to leave a love legacy, not one marred by comments that come from my own hurt, my own anger, or my own frustration. There is too much of that in this world. I want them to know how much each one is loved, not that I was hurt by them.
Just like God forgives me all MY sins - which have been - and are - many. I'm so grateful He will forgive me for everything cause there are some times that I have been, and am, such a mess. I've felt rejection, and feel it now, so I know how He feels when we do things our way. We are rejecting Him. It's so much easier to come back to a conversation with God and just tell Him how I feel, what's going on, and although I may not do it right, I ask that He walk me through my decision. After all, His Word says He will bring good out of even the bad stuff. (Romans 8:28 - my interpretation).
Hope you have a good day - and a great weekend!
Blessings!t
No comments:
Post a Comment