Friday, July 10, 2020

I take what relief I can!

I found our hot water bottle! I filled it up with hot tap water this morning and put across my shoulders/neck and oh the blissful relief of non-stabbing pain. You know, the pain that is like a pin-prick that sends chills all over your body. Yeah, that pain.

Alas, the above reprieve has disappeared. I let myself go without the hot water bottle for about an hour - such relief - and now the pain is back. I have refilled the bottle twice and still have the crushing pain in my neck and upper back - yes, it has now centered in my upper back - which tells me it is probably just stress. Hoping beyond hope that the massage I have scheduled at 5PM today will loosen up those knotted muscles. I knew they were there. I've been told that quite a bit lately. But when I scheduled a follow-up this last time - before we moved - who I used decided to take a day off... and then I got busy with moving. I may have to make a few weekly trips at this new place just to find someone who can take care of these knots before my neck freezes into place. Been there, done that and it took 4 deep tissue massages within 3 weeks to get rid of them.

SO as you can probably figure out, I have gotten SOME work done today, but not as much as I would have liked to. I got real energetic when the pain went away - but when it started coming back, my work level dropped immensely. I have to lean back in the chair to get relief. I finally got that project done only to be told he would have another. I suggested sending it to me on Monday cause I certainly could not work on it today. I am completely drained.
manage headaches/stomachache
I don't know how my daughter in law works with the intense pain she has frequently. I don't think I could - and I do have a high pain tolerance. I can usu aches/ leg/foot pain/ arm/wrist pain.... but when it comes to my neck and upper back, I cannot think straight. Even medication for pain has not helped my neck and back. The heat did the first time, but has rejected it this time. tick tock tick tock... waiting on time for me to get off the work computer so that I can head to massage envy for my massage.

So glad the weekend is here and I can attack the boxes in the garage. Son-in-law just came by to pick up the empty boxes, trying to help us clean the garage out. Tomorrow I have to attack it. Hubby has no clue what to do with anything so it's up to me or it don't get done.

I'm sure each of us have someone in our life like that person. The saying is true, 'if I don't do it, it don't get done'. Yep.

Gotta go - have a great weekend.

No comments: