I don't know what it is, but it's like I have a pinched nerve in my neck that constantly sends electric pulses down my neck - and it is driving me nuts. I have put heat presses, cold presses, I have used the roller on my back and neck - and I've tried stretching it - and even now I am dealign with it. It sends these pulses, then I get a chill. Sure hope it goes away soon. I've done about all I know to do with it. Have no idea what it is unless 1) I slept wrong, or 2) sitting at this computer (and probably not properly since it's a makeshift) has tensed it up. It is very annoying, to say the least! If I lay my head back in the chair, I get relief. But, I can't stay that way either.
My daughter called me this morning that I was getting an early birthday present. I tried to think what it could be - and all I could come up with was probably a sewing machine cabinet. But - when it arrived today, it is a really, really, nice computer desk! It's also 133 pounds so we can't pull it in from the front porch. My son-in-law and grandson will have to bring it in and put it together for me. I guess working off this small vanity table didn't set too well since hubby took the big office with the large desk space. I wasn't complaining - I choose my battles. But it will be nice not to have to stretch back away from the monitor becuase the monitor and keyboard are next to each other and that's all I can get on the table. Maybe that's what is wrong with my neck.
In my quest of getting my neck to stop hurting I was able to eliminate another box in the garage. Slow progress, but at least it is getting done. I hope to get out there tonight and try to get more things done. Sigh. I've found 4 more boxes of books which will set hubby off becuase I will take up more of "his" space on the bookcases. I see the top row is entirely empty - but then, we will need a ladder to get them up there. I wish I could send him to the store by himself or something so that I can get them put up. I can't do anything that affects him when he's home. And he watches everything that I try to do as well. He needs a life.
I finally have a plan in place for my older and younger sisters. I texted them both last night that in 2022 us three girls will do a 'Sister's Getaway' and do a cruise. Well, the older sister doesn't want to do a cruise so I talked her into us flying to Hawaii, then we can do a small boat cruise (whale watch?) to go to another island. She has never been anywhere. The younger sister has been on a cruise; don't remember where she went but when she retired, she took her entire family on a cruise. And paid for it. That's all well and good cause she had enough money to do that. I don't, so each sister will be paying for her own trip. I told them we have two years to save for it so we have plenty of time. Hopefully by then the coronavirus will be gone and life will be somewhat back to normal. Of course I haven't told hubby - he will have a hissy fit that I would dare plan a trip without him. I just want to live my life. It's not a big thing, but I want to be with others. He only wants to be with me. He desperately needs to find a hobby or a life - I don't care which - but one that doesn't involve me. I'm dying of being smothered. So - Sister's Getaway - Hawaii 2022! My older sister actually sounded excited. I feel sorry for her; she really has had a rough life.
Sheeba got a bath and nails trimmed today. So glad there are people who travel to groom dogs. This company has their people pull a small trailer behind their vehicle and they groom the dogs there. After PetSmart has banned Sheeba from their 'spa', we had to find something else. Sheeba willingly goes with this lady and lets her bathe her, brush her teeth, and trim her nails. She doesn't like being dried with the blower, so she usually comes in a little damp - and that's ok. She can dry naturally. We're getting her set up for a monthly wash and trim - and they come to our house so it works perfectly. Cost is comparable to what we were having to pay at PetSmart.
I found a card as I was unpacking the other day that I had written down from one of Mark Batterson's books. I imagine it was the Circle Maker, which is an excellent book, by the way.
Make the sacrifice.
Take the risk.
Draw the circle.
In other words, do what you need to do, get out of your comfort zone, and focus on what you want. My interpretation of course.
How bad do you want something that you would give up something to get it, and let go of other things to get it? First thought that comes to mind is a diet. Yeah, me and food. How bad do I want to lose weight? Enough to give up my ice cream? Enough that I will 'risk' letting go of fatty foods to eat a good diet of good food, and dream about the size I want to be? I guess time will tell.
What is important to you? What would you give up for your child, your grandchild? Even your great-grandchild. Would you give up something you enjoy, something you want, you desire, to just be able to have time to make memories? Something to think about!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment