Saturday, October 5, 2024

I get to 'escape' for a few hours

 Today is the first Saturday in the month so we have Needles of Hope this morning.  We have changed our meeting place to the Panera at Metro Center.... although since they tore - or are tearing down - Metro Center Mall, I don't know if it is still called that.  Hubby was weird last night.  Hubby was weird last night - we had the TV off, and were reading, and he asked me about this morning.  Something like "With you meeting them for Needles of Hope in the morning, that means you won't be cooking and eating breakfast here at home, right?"  Ok, so as a rule, I do cook breakfast for him on Saturday mornings.  We sit down and have breakfast together.  (Sometimes I think he 'lives' for us to have a meal together for he has me right where he wants me - next to him)  I never fix breakfast when I'm going to a place where I can order breakfast with 'the girls'.  And all I could do was look at him and say "you will need to fix your own breakfast'.  He will probably fix a protein shake as that is about all he knows how to do anymore.  Now you will probably think that his original question of my fixing breakfast isn't any big deal, isn't a weird thing at all.  And I get that.  But I live with him.  I hear his questions and I see his confusion on things.  Last night he had me look at his computer because the volume wasn't working.  I brought up a video and looked at the computer volume... he had turned it way down.  So I turned it up and it worked fine.  Then he asked me to show him how (again) to clear his phone.  Which I did.  I'm not saying this to put him down or mock him.  I'm scared of what the future holds.  

It's not that this is a continual thing - it is not.  You ask him something about his Bible studies and he is alert and attentive.  But it is the everyday living stuff that I see him not sure what to do.  I can start a meal, and if he isn't watching TV, he will come sit in the kitchen at the table, waiting for his meal, and going through his phone. He told me last night that he would have to wash the dishes by hand because the dishwasher was full.  I remained quiet.  I wasn't sure if the dishes were clean or dirty in there for he will leave them for 2-3 days before emptying it at times.  When he came in to the front room, he tells me that he washed the dishes we used last night by hand (now mind you, I always wash my pans and those utensils by hand immediately as he will leave them sit so all he had was plates, silverware and glasses) and would start the dishwasher up first thing this morning when it was cooler out.  I hear him out watering the plants now.... and he waters the ones which have a drip directly into the pot.  

Ok - enough about that - I need to finish up in here and get dressed to head out in about an hour.  So what else can I write about.

I was somewhat lazy again yesterday but did get a couple things done.  I really do hate that I wasted a week I could have gotten a lot done - but I really needed the break from the past couple of weeks as well.  I will need to get re-focused on work and get things done next week since all will be back.  I'm taking the 11th off since we will be heading up north for the weekend.  Due to work on the highway, hubby is wanting to take an extended route through some small towns - and leave early on the 11th.  I was thinking closer to leaving around 1-2PM as we can't check in until 3PM ... but he has voiced he wants to leave (and he says he is driving) around 10-11 and go the long way to town.  I won't push the issue on him driving... but I will suggest he let me drive.  If not, I'll be crocheting so that I won't see the road.  And I can pray.  He's been letting me drive more and more to different places so I'm surprised he said he is driving this time.  I've driven the past two years on vacation.  He has newer tires so may as well wear the tread down on them, right?  

My biceps/triceps are hurting today.... I told you my trainer worked them hard!!

I know this is short... but I need to stop and gather things for my morning with the girls.  Ok, I fell back to sleep this morning and lost an hour, ok?  But my time is about gone and I need to get dressed yet.  

Remember to count your blessings today.  Even through the toughest days, God is still there.  Lean into Him and let Him guide you.  All you have to do is ask.

Blessings!


No comments: