and I think the nurse practitioner at the urgent care diagnosed it all wrong. I started googling (and you know Google is always right; just like Facebook) and discovered what a scorpion sting looks like versus bedbugs. Yeah, I think I had a mess of bedbugs attack my inner thigh, NOT a scorpion stabbing me multiple times as the NP had said. Yep, I'm pretty confident about the bedbugs, although it is odd that I was the only one bitten and only in this one area. My brother sent me a video of how to check a bed at a hotel. Really interesting. Get an iron, heat it up. Remove all but the mattress cover in a section of the bed (the guy in the video used a large corner) - and iron for a few minutes over that mattress cover. Then peel it back and ewe! All the bedbugs had come up out of the mattress!! And he was in a 5-star hotel!! He did, of course, call and request another room, to which he applied the same experiment, I'm sure. Sure taught me a lesson - iron the bed and see if any bugs come up! He did make a comment; thousands of people sleep in those beds - even that thought makes one go ewweeeee!!!
All in all, yesterday was the first day I was not in constant pain. It is tingling this morning, but I haven't looked at it. Most of the redness is gone and the bumps are starting to fade into the skin - altho that was last night - like I said, I haven't looked at it this morning. I'm still on antibiotics and will continue. My diagnosis is bedbug bites to which I must be allergic to, based on the reaction my body had to them. I go back to my dermatologist on Monday. Am not going to go to medical doctor; no need to if it is healing, right?
My trainer worked my butt off last night (wish I could say 'literally') with weights. I'm actually a bit proud of this - I did the leg press and pressed 118# for the machine, and 250 pounds in weight. So I did the leg press of 368 pounds!! She started me out with 50#, then moved it up 50% after every set. Wasn't sure I was going to get that last one up, and she was going to take the last 50# off, but I pushed through and did it! So, yes, I'm proud of me!! I asked her what that worked in the body and she said 'all of it'. LOL She also said in a couple days I will think of her every time I go to the toilet. I know what she means - that's when the muscles in the butt and legs start screaming because you are going down in to a 'squat'. And then try to get up! Your legs will not respond!! Will see - between my pain pills and trying to keep moving, I may bypass the extreme pain. Hopefully.
It is just starting to get light out and the landscapers are out working - and blowing the leaves out of the courtyard - I peeked out the window - how can they even see where they are blowing the leaves? I can barely see the outline of the man doing the work! Guess they need to stay on schedule. Good thing I'm up or I'd be mad if they woke me!!
Starting week after next I may be changing when I type in here. Talking with Morgan last night, she has a 7AM opening up. I would rather go in the mornings to work out as after working all day, I'm cranky and tired, as a rule. Well, most days. It's a good release for me to work out in the evenings, but then we eat late and then just sit. On the days that she schedules me at 7AM, I will start work at 8AM and will either skip writing in here that day or - well, I don't know - I reckon I could work it in over lunch - that I don't take. LOL I'll figure something out. As if you couldn't survive a day or two without reading something of nonsense in here. Or I could quit trying to fall back to sleep in here and instead of snuggling under my blanket, actually start my reading. It's just when it's cooler, it is so nice to snuggle in the blanket and keep warm before I venture out into the cold. But working out at 7AM would get it over and done and I can then go about my day. As long as I work 8 hours, and get my work done, my boss doesn't care when I start. She starts about 7:30-ish, he doesn't start until about 8AM-ish. Maybe it will give me energy to get through the day.
Hubby has nothing going on today - not even a breakfast or lunch! Which means he will be home all day. At least with the headset I can't hear the TV, which will usually come on about 2PM.
Proverbs 9:10 (TLT): Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgement.
Ah - that is a very good verse. Fear of the Lord doesn't mean to be afraid of Him or what He can or may do. Fear of the Lord is the highest respect and honor; it is the Awe of who He is; the fear of disobedience, perhaps.?? I get confused of the 'fear' part at times. I'm not afraid of God. But I am somewhat fearful of what He can do when I disobey Him. Will He leave me to my own consequences? Will He help me get through them? I love God; I love Jesus; I love the Holy Spirit. I entrust my life to Him. The 'Three in One' - Elohim; Almighty God; Sovereign and Holy One. God has so many names. He loves to hear us use those names and call out to Him. So many people tend to take His name in vain - which is what He says to not do -
Leviticus 19:12 (KJV): And ye shall not swear by My name falsely, neither shall ye profane the name of Thy God; I am the LORD.
Yeah, I choose to fear God at His Word and not take His name in vain. I do not ant His wrath to be upon me! Nor upon my children or my children's children. Honor God; speak highly of Him. He is your Guide in this life. He is your Hope to get through each day. He is your Everything and is your All in All. Think on these things.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment