Saturday, October 26, 2024

Putting things into perspective

 My problems have not changed.  Real or imagined, they are still there.  I may need to do some discussing with others about part of it, but I cannot fall like I did yesterday, into the pit of despair.   I read this today in my morning devotions.... kind of fits, doesn't it?

You tend to allow your troubles to be the focus of your life, and desperation is the result. Bring every single one of your problems to Me and allow Me to handle them. There is nothing that I can't do - nothing.

Don't forget that I sustain you through troubles and strengthen you to endure your trials. And remember that it's the testing of your faith that develops perseverance. I have purposes for all I allow in your life. The trials and tribulations are all a matter of perspective. Everything becomes small in light of My greatness. I just need you to change your perspective, viewing everything you're facing through My eyes and not your own.

You struggle for answers to prayer when the answer may lie within you -- changing your perspective can overcome any adversity. Remember that I'm big enough and powerful enough to take care of your burdens and calm your worries. I AM the answer to all of your problems.  I will help you in your failing health, the brokenness of your relationships, the despair from financial crisis, and in the midst of the sin you're drowning in. I AM enough.

Jeremiah 32:27 (GW)  "I am the Lord God of all humanity. Nothing is too hard for Me."

No, nothing is too hard for my Lord.  His arm is not short.  And His arm is always outstretched to us, waiting for us to run into His arms of love.

We slept in this morning.  I couldn't sleep last night very much; I kept thinking how I would write in here this morning.  I wondered if I even needed to write.  Then I read the above in my devotional.  I need to change my perspective on what troubles me.  Instead of crying to you about my problems, I need to speak direct to the problem.  Not quite sure how to do that, but I'm learning.  We didn't get up until 5:45AM so that is late for us.  I was awake at 4AM but obviously dozed for hubby made fun of me that I had to be asleep because I was snoring.  I'm sorry I snore!  Let me sleep in here if it bothers you that much!!  But no, I cannot, so he can just deal with my snoring.  I talked with my doctor about it last month. She said she could send me for a sleep study, etc.  I told her no. I only sleep with hubby and he is the only one complaining so he can just deal with it.  LOL She even put that in my medical records!

Hubby must be outside enjoying the cooler weather.  Gasp!  Could he be watering the plants?  I heard him talking with someone walking down the street.  I wish his legs were stronger that we could go on walks.  He goes a short distance and then says he has to go back. He doesn't even try to go further.  Hubby went to the heart doctor yesterday.  Good news.  The doctor told him that even at age 87, he has the heart of a 61 year old.  His medical doctor told him that he would live to 100.  

I had an e-gift card I needed to use so used it yesterday for Olive Garden and ordered a couple entrees for hubby and I for lunch, then ordered the $6 extra meal for another meal.  I got the soup and salad and hubby the chicken parm and salad. Well, they give us more in take out than they do when we are in the restaurant!  We divided up one salad for lunch - and still had leftover.  (about the amount my oldest son would eat in one setting. LOL) and I gave hubby some of my soup (and I still couldn't eat all the soup), and took a bite of his chicken parm and spaghetti.  And a breadstick, of course.  I have leftover soup, leftover salad from lunch.  I did not eat last night as I was still full - and hubby snacked.  I bought spaghetti and fettuccini as the extras and we still have the other salad to eat.  If I cook breakfast this morning (which I probably will), then we will have a late lunch and that will also take care of dinner.  For $45, including tip, we get 3 meals out of it for two people.  And probably could stretch it to 4 meals.  I think I'll stick to ordering online and picking up.  MUCH cheaper and you get more food. Or so it seemed to me.  Someone who eats there frequently may not think that.  I have no problem with eating it at home.  Oh - we didn't order drinks so maybe that is why it seemed less expensive?

I have many things I want to get done today so I better get off here and finish up my quiet time and go fix breakfast.  Hope that you have an amazing day.  One thing to always remember, nothing is too hard for God to take care of.  But first, we need to give it to Him, and then take our hands off the situation.  Doesn't mean you may need to do something (like talk to someone), but it does mean that He will take care of whatever it is that concerns you.  He is all I need; and I will depend on Him to get me through this situation.  And He will for you as well.  Talk to Him; tell Him what is troubling you.  Ask Him to do what He does best. And take your hands off and let God be God.

Blessings!

 

No comments: