Yes, I checked my emails yesterday afternoon and Pastor Pat had responded to my email that we were leaving that church. It was a very nice note and said that they were praying blessings upon us, that hubby and I would be welcome wherever they were (which makes one question if the rumors we had heard are right), and well, it was short and nice. We do love these people; we just couldn't get them out of their culture to be close friends.
Which is interesting. We went to church at the Salvation Army church yesterday and the message was on Genesis 18, where God tells Sarai and Abraham they will have a child - and they laughed. And about 25 years later, they did have a child and they named him Isaac. It was a good message and kept my interest. We did stay for lunch - chicken stroganoff, corn and something they called peach cobbler but it was unlike any peach cobbler I had ever had. Didn't care for it - and it was dessert!! Again, several people spoke to us and introduced us. The major (pastor) I spoke to as I was walking out of the sanctuary (hubby had to run to the potty) and he came over to our table to personally meet hubby and we chatted. They are gathering funds to build a community center right next to the church. The major told us all about it and it was really interesting. They haven't started a fund-raising for it yet, but prominent people have donated over $2M already. It sounds like they will need about $8M to complete all they want in it - walking path indoors for seniors, basketball courts, pickleball courts, gym, fitness center, and I don't remember what all else. It will be a few years down the road before they can even break ground on it. What I didn't realize is that this SA covers several 'cities' here - El Mirage, Surprise, Peoria, all the Sun Cities, and one other, can't remember what it was. I really liked Major Mark and his wife Cathy - and feel we could be good friends.
Got some things on my mind this morning. I awoke at 2:25AM tis morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally got up just before 4AM and came in here, asked God to let hubby sleep a bit longer so that I could sleep some in here. But my sleep has somewhat disturbed me. I need to make a couple calls this morning. Oh - one thing that came to mind was 'Major Mark is a 'teacher', not a 'preacher'. And so he is. The two services we have attended have no 'altar calls' and the messages have not been teaching people how to live for Jesus. I listen to other pastors during the week so I can get that, but this is a slow Biblical teaching - and it's actually good. But we really need to lead people to Jesus. Then I think, we don't do altar calls at the RV park either. Of course there isn't an altar in their community center. Something to think about. I do have them repeat the 'sinners' prayer' at times (not always) at the end.
But here is the part of the dream that was weird. In this dream, I was here in my room, but not this house. I got up out of my chair for some reason, and when I turned around, my youngest granddaughter was sitting in it. She starts talking with me, and I asked her if grandpa knew she was here, and she said no. She had a key to the house and implied she had been living with us, and got up to go down the hall to her room. She has never lived with us and now I'm concerned about her well-being. She doesn't always text me back, but I think I will text her in a bit to see if she is ok. It was a very strange dream. At first, when I tried to hug her, my arms went through her, but then, it was normal. So I do all that I can do - pray.
Hubby didn't get up until nearly 5AM so I did get a little more sleep in, albeit was the dreams above.
We watched the Revival happening in Gainesville, GA at Free Chapel last night. Perry Stone is speaking and I admit I was having trouble following last night - but by the end of the service, I was in tune and praying over my boys, and others. He will be speaking tonight through Wednesday. I think you would want to watch tonight - You Tube 'Free Chapel with Perry Stone October 7th' should bring it up (it has the word 'Revival' on the front of the icon. Tonight he is going to speak on the end times and what we can expect. It's on You Tube 'live' and will start 7PM EST - which is 4PM where I am, so as soon as I get off work we will be watching tonight. (no training for me until Wednesday). Hubby is upset with me - he wants to cancel tomorrow night and watch it - but I told him we can watch it later; I'm not giving up my Tuesday night with my daughter. Since I have training on Wednesday night at 4:30PM I will miss it then and have to watch it later anyway. Jesus is coming back - and it is going to be soon. Everything is lining up. Check in and listen to see how it all lines up according to the Bible. Earthquakes, floods, wars, and rumors of wars - they are all happening. And in Isaiah (I think) it talks about Israel being surrounded by the enemy and the destruction of Israel will happen. The 'End Times' are quickly approaching. Are you and your family ready?
My male boss is back to work today and I saw last night that he was already 'working' and sending me emails to schedule meetings. Last week was so nice.... I did only what I had to. This week I have to do it all! Want to or not! I am tired just thinking about it!
Genesis 18:13-14 (NIV): Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son."
The question is 'out there' - Is anything too hard for the Lord? I would say NO. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. But many people would still doubt and question what God can do. I tell you what, God has not always given me what I've asked for; He hasn't provided all that I wanted..... but without a doubt, God has always met our need. We have not been begging for bread, nor been in want or need, for He has always provided for us. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. Absolutely nothing. Do I still believe He will answer my prayers even when I ask amiss? Yes - but it will be in His timing and if it is good for me. God sees the big picture and I do not. I simply need to trust Him in all things. My job is to pray. In His time, He will provide - and it will always be better than what I asked for.
As Major Mark and I chatted yesterday about the community center, he expressed a little doubt about it all coming together. I just looked at him and said, "Is anything too wonderful for God (i.e., is anything too hard for the Lord)? He agreed and walked away.... but came back and said 'thank you for reminding me that if God is in it, it will happen; nothing is too wonderful for the Lord."
Never give up on God, He's got you!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment