Friday, October 11, 2024

Yes, he made me mad...

 I had a core workout last night - and it was brutal.  For me, anyway.  My trainer didn't seem to have any problems with it.  This fat body just will not jump through the hoops like hers can.  You've heard the saying 'no bigger than a minute'?  Well, she is 'no bigger than a second!'  And she shows me these exercises on what to do and it is nothing to her.  She doesn't even breathe heavy.  But me, I'm gasping as I go through them.  Yes, I know they are good for me - which is why I do them.  Strengthening my core will help me keep from falling.  But when I do the core work, I generally come home with a bad headache for awhile.  Last night was no exception.  Hubby started on my case about the headache.  I don't usually take anything because it will fade away on its own after I eat.  I don't always eat enough during the day, which also can cause these headaches.  Well, I didn't want to listen to him about my eating habits, so I just said 'maybe I'm not breathing right; I sometimes hold my breath when I do these exercises'.  And I do.  Especially when I'm straining to keep my feet up in the air while I'm twisting with the ball.  He immediately started that Morgan (my trainer) should be watching my breathing and blah blah blah.... I got angry.  You know I don't like him meddling in my life; my personal things.  It's an issue with me cause he takes it over.  So I told him quite plainly, "if you say one word to Morgan about my breathing and she needs to tell me how to breathe during exercise, I will quit training."  Which made him more angry, of course.  I hope he got the message for I said it loud and clear.

Do you remember when a few years back I belonged to Planet Fitness?  He didn't belong there. I did. I wanted a place I could go workout on my own without him.  I had mentioned to him that instead of having 1:1 personal training (the one that is free) and being walked through all the exercises, the trainer had 3 of us together, and the other two had numerous medical issues, so he had to concentrate on them.  I had commented about how disappointed I was in that free session.  Before I ever went back, hubby took it upon himself (remember this?) and went to Planet Fitness (to which he did not belong) and demanded to speak to the personal trainer and specifically told him that I needed individual training and he was demanding I be given it.  I never went back.  After hubby told me what he did, I quit. I quit Planet Fitness, I quit working out.  He doesn't own me. I know he cares and loves me, but he has no right to go speak on my behalf about training.

Fastforward to the first paragraph above.  I will tell Morgan about the Planet Fitness issue, and I will tell her if he tries to tell her how to train me, she is to tell me, and I will not only quit training, I will quit going.  I will not have it.

I am off work today.  The clock is chiming 7AM and I do not have to jump up and get on the computer. Grateful for a day off.  We will be heading to Prescott about 11-ish, so hubby says.  He's gone to his Bible study now (Thank goodness, I can breathe!!) but will be back about 9-ish, I imagine, unless he goes on to get the car washed.  He is still insisting on driving. Pray for our safety.  At least there shouldn't be much traffic.  Except he told me last night that Trump is to be in Prescott this weekend.  No, I do not plan to go see him and be in that crowd.  Just leave me alone and let me enjoy the weekend without crowds.  I hope his thing is Sunday so that we can come home without a lot of traffic as well.  I hear southbound will be one-lane where they are widening the road.  But I'm glad we can get away.  This is why I have started drawing on my 401K.  So that we can do things occasionally and not have to figure out how to do it.

Hubby makes my head hurt.  Can I say that?  He had mentioned charges of $1 and $2, etc. on the bank account and the bank always reversing them.  I finally told him to go down to the bank and find out where it is coming from.  I don't use that bank account.  He did go down and ask - and they said someone had hacked his Facebook account and somehow got his card number. (what in the world did he buy via facebook?  Perhaps it was the Grandma t-shirt he bought me, I remember he mentioned buying it from there)  So they told him to delete his Facebook account and create a new one.  And they were going to issue him a new debit card.  (I think this is the 3rd or 4th one this year).  So he comes home and says he doesn't know how to delete his Facebook account..... so I had him give me his phone. I told him he doesn't need to delete his facebook account (I don't think.  Can you imagine him sending out all these friend requests to everyone again? I didn't want to deal with him and that.) but that we just needed to change his password. He didn't know how, so I changed his password for him. I told him to watch the bank account and if the charges continued in and out like they have been, let me know and we'll delete the account, but I'm thinking all we needed to do was change his password for Facebook. Crossing fingers.  He has no clue how to use his phone. And he spends HOURS on it.  Sometime I'm going to ask one evening and check to see how many hours he spends on his phone.  I know sometimes mine will show 2 hours - about that - and I get mad at myself that I 'wasted' that much time flipping through things.  I'm curious how much time he spends daily.  I ought to create a chart for him to track it, ya think? LOL But then, what else would he do if he didn't look at his phone and listen to all that 'crap' he listens to on a daily basis?

Psalm 62:1 (NIV):  Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him.

I'm so grateful for God's forgiveness of all my sins.  He doesn't pick which ones He will forgive and which ones He won't, but He forgives them all when I confess them.  He is my salvation and the only Hope I have in this world.  He is also your only Hope.  Have you ever sat back and thought about what your life has - or is - becoming?  Are you living life the way you know that Christ is Lord of your life? Some of you may say 'I don't care'.... but you should.  Remember the '60 second' words I wrote about yesterday?  I truly hope when that time comes and you haven't already made Christ your Lord and Savior, that you will have that 60 seconds to turn your thoughts to Him and get to heaven.

A friend's brother in law died recently and she went back for his funeral.  She said he had always been a mean and hateful man, always sarcastic and cussing and everything.  But now, he was on his deathbed, and he knew it.  He finally listened to his younger sister tell him (again) about Jesus, and he finally accepted Jesus as Lord.  Finally recognized that Jesus would forgive him for all he had done. He always felt that he wasn't good enough to be saved.  That Jesus could never forgive him for the things he had done.  But, lying on his deathbed, he took that chance and asked Jesus to forgive him.  And Jesus did.  He died a few hours later with a peaceful look on his face.  That's what heaven does for you. It brings peace.

Where do you find rest?  Where is your peace?  My soul truly finds rest in my God, for He is my salvation.

Blessings!

No comments: