Yeah, today is the day my three children will gather together and go through the photo albums to take what photos they want. Our original plans fell through the cracks last night when I got a text from the son-in-law that the electrician will be here at 7AM to turn off our power and change out the electrical box outside. It will take about 3 hours to get everything swapped out - which means the breakfast I was going to fix here at home will be done at my daughter's house. I thought about post-poning the gathering, but was convinced to go through with it at another location. That's ok. I loaded up the photo albums in my car last night and have the food together in the refrigerator to grab this morning. Hopefully I won't forget anything.
Hubby is going to another session this morning on a 'class' he has been attending at another church. He may be home before the electrician is gone. Which could be a good thing to see if everything is working. And I expect it will be. I knew the electrician was to come today, but I had forgotten the fact that all the power would be shut off. Or just hadn't thought about that.
I don't expect it to take too long for the children to go through the photo albums. One will just flip through and go no, no, no, no.... lol. Another will linger and ask questions of who is and what was this about. Another... well, who knows what he will do. All three are different and have different personalities and view memories and life differently from the others.
I did decide to keep two of the albums for now. Thinking about taking and sharing just to see if they'd like to see them. Then they can decide who would eventually get them. I have one I had created when my mother died. Today would have been her 101st birthday I think. She was born in 1918 I think (wow that seems a long time ago).
Uh oh - I just got busted. Hubby came in and here I am typing. At first I thought perhaps I'd just keep typing, then like a child hiding something, as he went into the closet, I quickly put the computer away to pretend I was reading. He comes out and asks if I am working. I just said no. He left the room and I grab my computer again.
Now why did I do that? Why did I feel I needed to "hide" what I was doing? Because he always has a comment to make when I'm not doing what he thinks I should be doing and I also don't want him reading this blog. I don't need his comments to drag me down, or his questions to make me clam up. Those of you who know him, know what he does. I fight depression, I don't want to live there.
Just finished a fitbit challenge with some of the children and grandchildren. I usually lose, but I do give it a shot. But some of my children take this to a higher level of competition. It's not a big deal. I know my son-in-law walks a lot during the day with his work. The grandson and he are always - always - competing against each other - and that's ok. Well, this time my youngest son wasn't happy that their fitbit's don't automatically sync. Mine does, and I was looking to find out how to do set it to do that so that I could show the grandson, but I couldn't find it. Mine used to not automatically sync but all of a sudden it does. Not a big deal except when you are in a challenge it helps to see what your competition is. It's just a fun thing to do for me, but I have a feeling I will have to do some separate challenges in the future cause some just take the fun out of it.
I'm on two challenges for this weekend from work and I really do not want to get started today with walking Sheeba, but I will have to if I am going to get some steps in. My company uses something called Virgin Pulse and I am friends with numerous co-workers on it and they (and I ) are constantly challenging each other. One that challenged me (and others) this weekend - well, she leaves me in the dust because she runs every morning. She is usually about 30K plus ahead of everyone else at the end. And you know what? I don't care. It's a connection. She will always be ahead of me. But the key is that I am doing something healthy for myself. I wish I could run, but I cannot. So I walk. I wish I didn't always have to walk Sheeba for she slows me down some in that I have to keep an eye out for other dogs and her wanting to 'meet' them. And stop to pick up her poop Oh well. At least I get some steps in.
Need to get moving and get dressed if I am going to go walk her before I gather my things to head to my daughters. Not used to having to move on Saturday mornings; I've been not walking Sheeba on weekends. But, need to get moving.
It's going to be a beautiful day - hope you have a great one!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment