Monday, September 28, 2020

It was a nice getaway....

 We did take a drive up to Prescott yesterday and it was a very nice day.  We didn't leave here until around 10AM and good thing we were not on a schedule!  We couldn't get on I-17 and were re-routed (partially because hubby wouldn't listen to me and take the 101, perhaps?) around until we got to 19th Avenue and was finally able to get on I-17 around Jomax.  But we eventually got up to Prescott.  I text'd the grandson as we were getting into town to see what he was doing.  He was watching the Raider game (they lost) and then he had to study.  He had one hour of watching and then he had to hit the books.  

We opted to let him be.  He offered to turn the TV off and come meet up with us, but we told him no.  Watch the game and then study.  We were just up for a few hours and it isn't like we never get to see him as he is down here frequently.  It worked out well for us as after driving around for a bit we finally found a parking spot near the town square.  We had to quickly find a restroom (imagine that! but it wasn't for me) and then we walked around the square.  

The grandson had told us of a pizza place near the square that he is fond of and so we also tried to find it while we were walking, but could not.  We hadn't gotten really direct instructions; just the name of it, so we just walked around looking for it.  When we were ready to head back home, talking about stopping somewhere on the way, we decided to google and see where this place was.  I had been asking siri the wrong name - so this time I just asked for Pizza in that area - and there it was.  It was very close but a block or so from the square so we drove over there and went in to eat.  Nice quaint place.  Friendly.  We ordered a supremo median pizza.

It was good... ok, I'm spoiled.  I love Sardella's pizza.  I love a good pizza with a lot of flavor.  I'm not sure what it was about this pizza - perhaps too many flavors?  They had diced very tiny all the onions and peppers, etc.  It was good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'd order it again.  My taste buds rebelled and I just couldn't eat much of it.  We brought home leftovers and had them for dinner last night - but I could only manage to eat one piece.  Not that I need a lot of calories it would surely pass on.

All in all, it was a nice day for a getaway trip and we had a good time.  The drive home wasn't bad and we were home mid-afternoon.  It was really just a getaway for something to do.  Walked around the square, got something to eat, and headed back home.  And we didn't argue.  Imagine that.  It was a good day.

Today is Monday and I'm back at work today.  I'm wondering how this week will go as two days are blocked out for my bosses for budget reviews.  They meet with the BIG BIG BIG bosses this week to discuss our budget needs for next year.  I know one boss is anxious because earlier in the year I had not followed my boss's instructions to go to another executive admin and have them go around about to get the CFO to approve a million dollar bill that was already several months past due.  It was making me angry because it had been in his "bucket" to approve for over a month, and his executive admin would not respond to me.  All I had done was ask her to ask him to approve and let's move on.    So, instead of going to the executive admin above me, I skipped her and went to the CEO's executive admin and asked her to ask the CFO to approve the bill.  

I had received a nice email back that he would approve it.  And he did, about two weeks later.  I guess it was that he would do it on HIS terms, not anyone else's.  Now mind you, I was the one getting the emails for the very past due billing.  Well, I had told my big boss what I had done and she gave me a tongue lashing that I did not follow her instructions, and that I did not follow business protocol (of going to the admin above me, etc.).  I didn't even bother to respond to her.  

So what if I went from one admin to another - I didn't go to the CEO or the CFO himself.  Anyway, with the budget and all, this came back to my mind the other day and my friend/boss and I discussed it.  She told me that our "big boss" is afraid that the CFO won't forget that I went to the CEO's executive admin to ask if she would ask him to sign it.  And that he would hold it against us.  Seriously?  So if that department - or her requests - do not get approved, does that mean it is my fault?  Because he can't forget that I "made him look bad" because he hadn't approved a bill that was long past due?   It finally got approved and paid, but it took months to happen.  I personally still do not see anything wrong with what I did and I would do it again.  How would the company feel to have a lawsuit against it because he wasn't approving the payment?  That is more important to me.  Like I said, it was several months past due.  Whose fault would it have been then?  UGH.

So that will probably be on all our minds this week.  It only came to my mind last week when my friend/boss and I were discussing the budgets and something was said about the other boss being worried about some thing.  I said that I was still "smarting" from her comments that day... and that is when my other boss told me what the thinking was (it would be remembered).  At this point it is like 'whatever'.  I thought we were grown-ups.

I guess this is all I have for today.  Need to start getting dressed so that I can take Sheeba for a walk today.  I had turned my ankle on Saturday so wanted to take yesterday off - and if I don't walk her, she doesn't get walked.  Many days I don't want to walk her, but, she needs to get some exercise too.

Maybe tomorrow I was have some gems of wisdom to share.  One can always hope.

Blessings!



No comments: