This morning it feels like I have nothing to say. I'm tired and have been struggling to stay awake throughout my quiet time. My eyes frequently wanted to close. My bedtime last night was around 9PM, yes, a little later than usual, but no big deal. We've stayed up until 10PM and I've been fine. Oh my goodness, I sound like 'old folk' don't I! But with getting up at 4AM, I simply cannot stay up late as I used to. My body starts shutting down.
It could be because yesterday was such a busy day with major bumps in the road throughout the day. I had a lot I needed to get done, and yet, I couldn't work much on it because of other issues. For one, Microsoft Teams. I don't know what happened yesterday, but right in the middle of a critical meeting (4 hours long with people calling in at alternate times to discuss budgets), people could no longer call in. It was reporting the meeting was "full" - with less than 12 people in it. On Teams, you can have numerous people - we have had meetings with over 100 people so we knew it wasn't full. Major problems. I was getting emails from one of my bosses and people who were trying to call in. I finally sent out a new number and got on chat with the service desk. About an hour later I was getting another email that the same thing was happening with that new number. Sigh.
I spent quite a bit of time on chat with the service desk. Late in the afternoon they finally reported that Microsoft told them that they had received several tickets on this issue. They thought a server was messing up. They got through that meeting.
I had to stop and put this away as I knew hubby was getting ready to leave.... and he doesn't know that I have been adding to my blog before I come out of my room. Yeah, he ended up leaving a bit before 6AM. He has talked some of his 'men friends' to meet back at Fast Eddies at 7AM to do their study. Which means I have some time alone on Friday morning. Only problem is that I have to work so it doesn't make any difference. But still, I enjoy the quietness of no one stirring. Even Sheeba is laying at the back door quietly.
I took Sheeba out for a quick walk after hubby left and thought to myself it was such a beautiful cool morning that we would just go around 2 blocks (about a mile) and then I'd make a fresh cup of coffee and have about 20-30 minutes to sit out on the front court and let Sheeba walk around. BUT. the treasurer of our HOA who lives across the street from us came out to walk her dog, and I got caught at the corner. For 30 minutes. By the time I got away from her and Sheeba fresh water, etc and to my computer it was 7:10AM. Oh well.
I guess it is 'nice' to know who is in charge of our HOA/COA. We are actually a portion of the HOA and not really associated with it but stand alone as a COA. But I forget what that is. Condo something or other? I dunno. She's wanting one ofus to go on the board - and you know hubby wants to. Anything to be in charge and in control. Unfortunately, it sounds like we have some issues happening. I guess the neighbor catty-corner from us doesn't keep his yard in the back next to the street clean... and I was told that rats are starting to make their way in to our area. YIPES. Traps are being set today by someone the COA has hired. And in listening to her, I'm finding out what is actually covered by the COA (and she tells us we are in the RED and have been for months because everyone doesn't pay the same fees.) and what is the owner's responsibility. I would rather just take ownership of all my property, trees, brush, etc. But the outside of the court areas in front and back are the responsibility of the COA. They mow the grass, cut the hedges, and I appreciate the fact that they will come inside our court area and blow the leaves/grass cuttings out of it.
But from what my neighbor is saying, our hedges in front have been there for 20 years or more and many are starting to die and get thin. I told her I'd just as soon get rid of them cause I think they look ugly. She said she appreciated that I thought that way cause they want to remove them and put something that is drought-resistant there to save water (which the COA pays for). We can't just go and do it - it has to be approved and everyone's lawn will be updated at the same time. The problem is going to be for many, they will not want to pay to have this done, and it is at our expense, not the COA. I'm willing to put the money out to keep our place looking nice, but she says when the letter goes out to those who are paying a lesser amount, she expects them to put their duplex up for sale. I just looked at her and said 'fine'. Once they are gone, we'll get someone who will pay the rate as we do and we can get things done. Anyway - I'm more concerned about the rat situation right now and the hedges in front and back need to go. She says they like to nestle there. UGH.
And I do need to get busy - I have a lot to get done before the afternoon meeting - 2-5PM which I have to attend and take minutes. On a Friday afternoon. UGH.
Hope you have a good day - I love these cool beautiful mornings when it is just God, me, and Sheeba. We get a lot of talking done! When was the last time you stopped to refresh yourself in the coolness of the morning and be warmed by the sun as it arises? Thank God for it. It's His way of wrapping you in His arms.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment