Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I didn't want to get up this morning!

 I awoke early at 3AM this morning, but this time I didn't get up.  I told myself 'no' and turned back over.  My alarm went off at 4AM.  Then at 4:05AM. Then at 4:15Am.  And I laid there and just asked God if I could get 10 more minutes.  Next thing I knew hubby is getting up around 4:30AM so up I jumped to get here in my room so that I could have my quiet time.  

We went to bed around 9PM last night - I think - why am I so tired?  Oh yeah.  I went for a deep massage last night.  The masseuse worked hard on my back for sure; I'm always being asked why is my back so tight.  Could it be because of all the stress I have to carry around?  I'm sure it is, for I have a lot of stress with this job.  And even more stress with my home life.  Why I let the little things get to me, I'll never know in this lifetime, but some people just irritate the heck out of you at times - do you have someone in your life like that?  It's not all the time, and not every day.  But sometimes you just want to hang them out to dry, right?

Anyway, I just didn't want to get up and moving.  I should have, for now I feel like I'm running late - and in reality I'm not.  I didn't walk Sheeba yesterday.  I should have, and would have, except she wouldn't go pee when I took her out first thing.  She was being stubborn yesterday.  It's bad enough I have to pick up her poop; I don't want to leave a trail of pee on the sidewalk.  So I told her, if you don't go pee, we ain't going to walk.  She just continued to chase bugs.   So after about 15 minutes I brought her back in as it was too late to get started then.  Sat out on the front patio for about ten minutes then came in to get my computer up and going for work.   And my day started with a meeting with my boss.  It was a good meeting; we meet on Teams once a month to see each other face to face, although we see each other in meetings with other people. This is OUR meeting, where we can chat about things about US.  We're hoping to meet October 2nd and have breakfast together somewhere.  It will be so good to see her.  I'll have a lot of work catch up to do - even though one boss will be out on PTO that day (which is why I chose it), I will be losing work time and I know I will need to catch it up.  Then on October 5th, I'm hoping to meet some friends at the office in Mesa and catch up with them.  Yes, it's a drive, and I may put it off until closer to Christmas and make it a Christmas celebration with them.  I don't know.  I'm hesitant to take the time off work, even though my bosses don't care.  They know I'll make up my time - and do more than my 40 hours a week already as I work my lunch hours most days.

I read an interesting piece in my devotions this morning.  It is from James 1:22-25.  Go to BibleGateway.com and look it up.   It's from Charles Swindoll's devotional, "The Finishing Touch".  He posted an article that he had found called 'The Lesson'.

"Then Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and gathering them around him, he taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the meek. Blessed are they that mourn. Blessed are the merciful. Blessed are they who thirst for justice. Blessed are you when persecuted. Blessed are you when you suffer. Be glad and rejoice for your reward is great in heaven.

Then Simon Peter said....... Do we have to write this down?

And Andrew said.... Are we supposed to know this?

And James said... Will we have a test on this?

And Philip said.... I don't have any paper.

And Bartholomew said... Do we have to turn this in?

And John said... The other disciples didn't have to learn this.

And Matthew said.... Can I go to the boy's room?

And Judas said... What does this have to do with real life?

And Jesus wept.  Sometimes I think I can still hear Him weeping."


I found the above 'lesson' interesting.  How many times do we read or listen to things, then go off to do our 'own thing'.  We talk, talk, talk about doing, but that is as far as it goes.  Are we involved in life?  I don't mean our personal lives, but are we involved with other people and their lives.  Do we care for other people like we should.  These are statements, but they are really questions.  I have to admit with COVID, I am not involved as I used to be.  And that makes me sad.  I love to help people and even now when I hear of people in need (real need, not just wanting), my heart strings get tugged.  Some times I just have to tell myself 'no'.  Just because people WANT something, doesn't mean that I need to provide it.  But if I can bless them with it, that's a different thing.

I miss the social interaction of being at the office.  And it will be back in place before I know it.  We got another email yesterday that stated we will more than likely be in our new offices in January. At least we can get through the holidays here at home.  I imagine I may have to make a trip or two before then, to get set up, but that's ok.  I'll at least be able to find my way.  I truly do not like going some place I don't know where I'm going.  Yes, I AM directionally challenged, however, finding the place, then finding the building, then finding the floor, then finding the office..... those things just don't appeal to me.  But sometimes I gotta suck it up and 'just do it'.

I didn't get my 10,000 steps in yesterday since I didn't walk Sheeba and we got massages last night so this morning I need to get my butt moving and try to get in a long walk.  She better pee when I take her out this morning!! I got things to do!

So what are you doing today?  Will it be 'life as usual'? Or will you make a difference in someone's life - even if it is your spouse or your child's?  Be meaningful.  Be purposeful.  Be true.

Blessings!

No comments: