Thursday, September 24, 2026

I hear thunder!

 What is that song - 'I hear thunder, I see lightening' ??  Oh well - the mind isn't functioning much this morning, I'm guessing.  But when I heard the thunder - that one line hit my brain.  I will definitely have to drink a 'morning kick' this morning to get my body moving.  I just feel a heaviness this morning and I have got to shake it off.  If I get my body moving, generally it departs.  And I do have Morgan @ 8:30a this morning - upper body; guess maybe bicep and triceps workout.  Will see!  Which means my first one next week is HIIT again.  Time flies when you are having fun, right?

I did absolutely nothing yesterday except sit in front of the work computer.  I can't believe that I didn't even once look at my 'list' of things I wanted to get done... and did nothing.  What is going on with me?  I did my Hinge Health exercises, but I did no 'extra' walking for the challenge at work... which means I got around 3k steps.  I've got to really focus today and get more in.  I don't like it when I don't get anything done at all.  Well, Claudia, one of our life-group women, did come over last night and we chatted for about an hour and she had to leave.  We will touch base in a few days to decide if we want to meet every week or every other week - or what.  Whatever she wants to do is fine with me.  I'm at the point that ... well, it just doesn't matter.  Yes, I'd love to teach a class; haven't mentored one on one in years, and then for only a short time.  New Life-Groups at church start on October 14th - for five weeks - and then they want you to move to homes and continue them.  I see the importance of a life group in that when you are going through things it helps to share within the group (which is bound by confidentiality) and be prayed with/over to share and 'get it out'.  Holding things in is definitely not healthy and a friend walks with you through the journey.

A weird thought came to me this morning.... as I sat here and just looked around me... the thought came to just get two boxes - one to pack away, one to throw/give away.  Sounds good, right?  But I think what I will end up doing... maybe, if I get the gumption to pull it together .... is see what I have sitting on the shelf in the garage (small appliances) and when I am sure I don't 'need' them, take a photo and then send to the grandchildren and say 'first come first serve' and see who would want them.  Come to think of it, there really isn't much left as I have given some away.... but I need to start in this room as I look around it and notice all the books and 'stuff' sitting around.  I've already filled up two containers with 'stuff' (books, etc.) off the desk and bed.  My heart just feels blah, does that make sense?  I want to go back to bed and just sleep.  My eyes continuously burn - I blame it on the computer.  Yes, I have eye drops recommended by my eye specialist, but it hasn't helped. I think I just need time 'ALONE' and sleep all day if I want to.  Right?  Think that will ever happen?

I'm reading in Psalms, Proverbs and a bit of Song of Solomon lately.  Today this verse caught my eye - yes, I know the verse and even quoted it at times, but here it is....

Psalm 100:5 (ESV):  For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Can you even think of being loved 'forever'?  That even after you are 'gone', and all those that follow you, the Lord will love you, His love is steadfast, it is sure, it will last, endure, forever.  His faithfulness to the generations after me, my children, my grandchildren, my great-grandchildren and on from there, He will remain faithful to them.  His love will remain steadfast.  So very grateful.  The prayers I have prayed for my children, my grandchildren, and even my great-grandchildren and beyond - they will be covered by the prayers I pray for them today. The ones I prayed yesterday. The ones I will pray tomorrow.  And our God will honor my prayers for them and He will answer.  His steadfast love and faithfulness never goes away, it endures forever.  Hallelujah!

Ah, yes, it is Thursday and the 'landscapers' are out front.  One is inside our courtyard blowing the leaves all around.  Another is mowing the dirt out front.  LOL  Our blink camera just told me someone is on the porch using a blower.  When I get in here at 4a to do my quiet time, a couple times a week I hear the sprinklers come on at 4:20a and it lasts until 4:22a.  Yeah, two minutes to water the grass.  I'm going to have to start watering abundantly in the courtyard; three of my 'real' plants have died - not only from the heat, but the dirt is dry and it has a hose on it for which the HOA is to have come on occasionally.  Obviously, it has not come on as the dirt is hard. Which means they aren't watering the plants in the courtyard.  Trying to save water, I'm sure.  Our roof-mates bushes in front have totally died, yet ours are still somewhat alive... because I've watered them?  Hmmmm.

I really would like to sit here with a second cup of coffee, but work calls me and I need to get dressed for training.  I get to put on 'new' retainers this morning too.  I wear these plastic retainers and swap them out every two weeks. Today is 'that day' to swap.  I go next Tuesday to the orthodontist who will give me three more pairs - and I will go back six weeks later to get more.  This current pair, that I'm swapping out, the bottom retainer I did some work on.  The section on the bottom back was too long and it dug into my gumline and I winced every time I had to put them in.  Well, if this next pair is like that, I will do work on them as well.  At least I can't snack like I usually do with wearing these!  Maybe I can actually lose weight?  And the rain has started!  I didn't bring my cushions in off the chairs - Hope they don't get soaked too bad.  'it is what it is', right?

And with that - I'm off here. Things to do, people to see, work to do.  Sigh.  I was so tired last night, mentally and physically.  I've got to figure out what is going on with me.  I see Dr. Mark on Monday to go over my blood work.  I'll check today; usually Sonora Quest has the results online a couple days after.  Maybe my iron is low... will see!

Have an amazing day - enjoy the cooler (I hope) weather, go stand in the rain and be refreshed!  Like a child, I want to to play in the rain.  God is good; He sends the rain.  And the landscapers ae still mowing the dirt while the rain is pouring down.  Shaking my head.

Blessings!

No comments: