Wednesday, September 23, 2026

I finished it!

 Instead of making last night a 'movie night' or 'working on my diamond art projects'..... I did get my laundry done (to hubby's dismay for it shows I don't 'need' him to do it), and I mopped the kitchen floor, and swept the carpet in a couple rooms, broke up the boxes and got them ready for recycle..... I did get some things done, then I sat down and finished the book The Altar of Pergamon by Jonathan Cahn.  First of all, I don't normally read these kinds of books.  I only got the book, and started reading it, because of the incident on the airplane where the passenger next to Jonathan Cahn went out of control and started choking him.  I have read only one of his books in the past, so I was intrigued how this one would be.  All I can say is 'wow'.  He gives dates; he gives names - it's like reading a history book to the point you ask yourself - "Is this real?  Is this what was really going on?"  Like I said, he names people - and some I remember happening and being said!  I had no idea how it would end - and the ending was not disappointing - but now I wonder.... if this book is real... what is next?  Obviously, if you like mystery and suspense - you would enjoy this book.  I read the book in less than a week. Definitely kept my interest!

Hubby asked me what book was lined up to read next - but since I finished that one just five minutes before he got home, I haven't even thought of another book!  I'm still going over this book in my mind.  What if it all was true?

Yesterday was busy, yet uneventful.  I did my workout (legs) with Morgan.  I worked. I went to Sonora Quest and had my blood drawn for my appointment with Dr. Mark next Monday.  I finished working and after hubby left, got started on the things above I mentioned that I 'got done'.  I get more done when hubby isn't home because I don't like being watched or interfered with; it's more productive for me to just do it alone, if you know what I mean.  

Today I have no training or anyplace to go that I can think of.  Oh yeah, I have an Amazon package to return to Staples; perhaps I will run that over there today.  One of our small group ladies will be coming over at 6p tonight and we'll talk about what we are going to do.  It would be nice if she and I could meet every couple of weeks just to talk and pray for our children.  Oh yeah, I remember what else I need to do - go pick up my combo box.  I forget what is in it ... will check it out once I get it back home.

I was reminded as I checked a post by one of my boys that the Riders dinner is coming up on a Friday in October.  Soup night!  It has been very good in the past and I'm looking forward to it again.  

Ephesians 2:10 (ESV):  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Yeah, that verse can go back to our 'calling'.  What has God wired you to do?  It may not be something you enjoy doing necessarily, but something that you do well.  So if you are doing what you do well, how can you use that for God's glory?  God created each of us for a purpose.  He has called us to be and to do according to His will.  But - many of us are unsure what the calling is - or we just ignore it.  I tried to talk with my sister about it the other day.  She started talking that 'my' calling was teaching and preaching; she couldn't do that.... but who am I to say that is what it is?  I honestly don't know what God wants me to do - and I am seeking Him to figure it out.  Yes, I love to talk about Jesus, and share His Word.... but I don't know how to pull things together.  I usually take a message and use it as my base and then 'make it mine'.  And I've been honest about that, wherever I have spoken.  But is that my calling?  I am passionate about teaching classes, as that 'forces' me to dive into the study and learn on my own as well, spend enormous times in prayer and study, preparing myself.  And I learn so much in doing so.  I miss those days for I haven't done a deep study for a long time.

Messenger X sends me a quote every morning.  So many of them hit home when I read them.  Today's is 'Wake up grateful, stay expectant, and remember every road that God has led you on.'   How often do you wake up grateful?  Honestly, I can't remember if I ever have, but hopefully at some point, I have. Expectant? For what?  My days are either boring (lack of work) or stressful (frustration).  So how do I wake up grateful - expectant,...??  I don't know that answer.  I wonder if I don't jump up out of bed, or if I do, come in here and sit and think about all the places God has taken me.  Yes, I've done some things without asking Him (which has gotten me in distressful situations), gone places I probably should not have.... but have I ever thought how God has taken me through those wrong decisions and helped me get out of them?  Probably not.  Maybe that is something I should do.  Think about how God has rescued me time and again... and most of all, thank Him for letting me fall, letting me make my own decisions even when they are wrong, so that He can lead me through them and teach me what is the right way.  I can honestly say that if I had not made some of the choices I made, if I had not run to Jesus when I did, if I had not chosen to follow Jesus and do what is 'right' versus doing things my own way... the Lord only knows where I would be. My imagination could go wild.  Moving away from my family was hard, very hard, but probably one of the best moves I have ever made.  It forced me to face my own situations myself.  I didn't have family backing.  I still made a lot of wrong choices, trust me! But, I also made a lot of right ones.  Thankful for the grace and mercy of our Father.

And while my mind is remembering the past, I see that time has once again gotten away from me. Do you ever get tired of my ramblings?  Maybe I should take a break... and have something worth to tell, perhaps?  Ah... but you would miss me, right? HAH!

Wishing you a day full of love, joy, and special memories.

Blessings!

3 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

I enjoy your ramblings! Oh, and Soup Night? I am not sure what is going on there. Right now I only have 3 sign ups. Need at least 6. Sigh. Getting volunteers is a job I never want(ed). It should be someone else's responsibility.

Rev Mom said...

If I recall correctly, you told them a few months back 'not my monkey, not my circus' - someone else needs to take the lead' - didn't you? But if you need another soup - happy to help out!

Ralphd00d said...

I may need that. I'll know for sure the start of the week....