I actually tossed, turned, and slept my way to 5:15a this morning! Finally told myself to get my lazy self up and get in here and spend quality time with Jesus. My favorite part of the day. So it's Saturday.... as I had finished my cup of coffee I went into the kitchen to decide if I wanted another cup of coffee - or what. Decided on tea and a cold glass of water. Hubby stops his reading and asks me some questions, i.e., what are my plans for today, etc.
My plans for today. I always have plans, and yet, no plans cause I don't always follow through. I do need to go to Staples and drop off an Amazon return. Then I was thinking Hobby Lobby, but there really isn't anything I 'need'. So probably won't. I'll come back home and hopefully be motivated enough to back my car out of the garage and work on that area that has everything piled in front of it. I have a box for Savers there and I need to finish filling it up and take it to Savers and get 'rid' of it. I need to straighten up the shelves as I have gotten to where I just 'stuffed' where I found a space. Need to pull my canning jars out and decide what I'm going to fill them with for Christmas gifts this year. Also, with my new canning lid sealer thing, I can use them for storing things in the pantry, but am not sure what. Would be nice to have a nice organized pantry again - it's looking pretty chaotic right now. Hubby did offer his help for the garage in that if I need help, please ask him. Yeah...no. I can do it faster myself, right? That's the way most of us women (and sometimes men) feel.
What I am going to try to NOT do is sit down on the couch with a book or with my crochet. Or sit at the table with my diamond art. I have a Christmas Tree laid out to do next. I can only do so much with the hours I have available and my weekends are either lazy and do nothing or I actually get something done. I want this weekend to be the one that I got something done. Hubby will be watching the Notre Dame game and will be out of my way. I may wait until AFTER the game to go to Staples so that I can use that time to get things done here.
My big brother is always such an inspiration to me. He has always been pro-health, taking care of himself, in spite of the fact he has been a diabetic for over 30-40 years. He sent me a text this morning that he, after four months, has finally lost 20 pounds he wanted to get rid of. And, he is walking on his treadmill - today for one mile. He wants to get to five miles by the end of the year. Three days a week. Now I'm the one who wants to do it EVERY day, and of course I wear myself out trying to achieve that goal. But three days a week, five miles on the treadmill, by Christmas? Surely I can do that, right? I'm about 4 years younger than he is (he's 81, I'm 77) so I should be able to do it. Right? I.can.do.it. Get off my lazy butt and just.do.it. Perhaps your goal would be 1 mile by Christmas. That's great! The point is, just do something that will make yourself more healthy.
I listened to the video on Messenger X by John Bevere on the study of Called. It also has inspired me to pursue finding out what God has called me to do. Would love to have someone go through the book with me so we could discuss it, but I don't know anyone who would choose to. I've tried in the past to do study books with my little sister and she generally flakes out on me, although we did do the study of Elijah by Priscilla Scherer together. It just took us longer because one of us usually didn't have the lesson completed. I'm sure that one of us was me a time or two. But we finally got through that book. But I am interested in finding out what God has called me to. In today's video, John Bevere shared about a man who thought he was to become a minister. He went to a bible school for two years after high school. He was an intern pastor for the youth at a church when he was accused of something he didn't do. He was fired. He then fell on his face before God and just cried out to Him as to what he was to do; he really thought God had called him to ministry. Then he heard God speak to him - "I didn't call you to ministry; I called you to be a Navy Seal." So he went to the recruiting office and wanted to sign up to be a Seal. The recruiter tried to discourage him as it is a very hard training. He signed up anyway. Then he knew he had to learn how to swim. Yeah, you read that right. He didn't know how to swim, and besides that, he had had numerous surgeries on his ears and could not handle water in them without terrific pain. He taught himself how to swim. Then he started diving down a few feet at a time, and was able to stand the pressure in his ears. He had things come at him during the trainings; he tore ligaments in his leg when he stepped into a foxhole; he had a couple other things happen which I forget specifically.... but when this video training was made, this man was a Seal, had been a Seal for 19 years and was now an instructor. He knew that was the calling that God had for him.
So what is my calling? What is your calling? Have you ever wondered what God created you for - what He has for you to do with your life? It is never too late to do what God has called you to do. At 77, I have no idea even now what God has truly called me to do. Is preaching and teaching, something that I'm passionate about, really my calling? I guess by the time I finish this course, which will be slowly done, I will find out. And if it isn't, I'm confident that I will know what I am to do. Lord, lead me to what You want of me.
Once you get ahold of what God has called you to, He will enable you to succeed. You will have difficulties once you start on that path for the devil does not want you to succeed. He only wants you to fail and feel disappointed in yourself. You were created by God for a purpose. Our job is to find that purpose and cause it to grow in us.
Ephesians 2:10 (ESV): For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Doesn't that verse stir your heart and get you excited? God created us in His image, that we can do all things through Him who gives us not only our calling, but our strength to do it! Hallelujah! Take some time to seek Him and ask 'what is it that You have called me to, Lord?' And then we listen. We may end up listening for a long time, for several days until we hear His voice telling us the way wherein we are to walk. The point is, God first.... seek Him first, and all these things will be given to you.
I truly enjoyed my oldest son coming over to visit yesterday for a few hours. I even hung out in the living room with him and hubby and just checked messages periodically. Grateful I don't really have any 'bosses' right now and can do that. I did have a couple meetings come through later - one at 3:50p - ugh. I did get it done, but those annoy me cause I get off and 4p and what if it was more challenging that it was?! I was glad to shut the computer down.
Hubby wanted to take me to dinner last night and we went to JiMichaels. I like their breakfasts more I think. I got the fish and shrimp combo last night - and the shrimp was good, but the cod just didn't have any flavor. I had two pieces and only ate one. Maybe I wasn't that hungry and hubby insisted he take me to dinner? Hubby got his liver and onions and loved it. We also found out the prime rib is only Saturday and Sunday now. Hubby was so disappointed for that was what he wanted. Way too much meat for me.
I want to get some more reading in this morning while I have time in here so I'm going to stop typing and start reading again. Need to write in my journal as well so there is that. Love to write about how God answers prayers. Sometimes it is changes in myself; sometimes it is changes in others. Changes in myself are the best for then I feel I'm letting God lead me. What about you?
Have an amazing day; do something that you 'need' to do, and then do something that you 'enjoy' doing. It will be a reward for doing what you need to do.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment