Saturday, September 12, 2026

I've been dilly-dallying this morning....

 Because I have 'time' in my hands at the moment.  It's a Saturday and although there are a couple things on the calendar I could attend to this morning, I have chosen not to.... and here I still sit in 'my room', doing the scroll through Amazon.  No, I didn't buy anything, but I did try to - one for a Christmas gift (yes, I've started on those!) but when I hit order, it says out of stock, so that's my sign to not order anything.  Right?

I still haven't gotten my son's birthday gift to him.  I finished work yesterday then went into the kitchen to fix dinner, and as we sat down I remembered the gift - but by then I figured the DIL was gone from work. Maybe I can swing by his place some time this weekend.  I wonder if I can get out without hubby... oh yeah, he has a Notre Dame game today... I wonder what time it is....  I've been wanting to go to the Brass Armadillo and walk around... not that I NEED anything.... but it's fun to look.... just in case I see something that I just can't do without.  Right?

We watched movies last night after dinner - which was another Tovala dinner that I split between us.  It was really good.  Prime rib cut up, mashed potatoes, mushrooms.  With dividing it between us, I added a can of corn, then cut up some strawberries, added sour cream and brown sugar - and that was our dinner.  I'm hungry this morning but am not going out to fix anything.  Not yet, anyway.  It's only about 8a.  Maybe I'll fix some eggs ole this morning.

I have so much here at home I want to get started on.  The counter in the laundry room needs to be cleaned off; the shelves in the garage need to be rearranged.  I can't blame that on anyone but me.  Heaven forbid hubby would put something out on the shelves, right?  I do need to go through it and see what jars I have up there so that I will know what I need to get for Christmas canning.  I also need to go through the cabinets out in the garage and get rid of some things.  So many 'things' I want to do.... but probably won't get any of them done until the weather turns cooler.  The garage has to be over 100 degrees most days.  I feel like I use hubby as an excuse most of the time for not getting things done.... he always 'wants to help' but I spend my time explaining to him why I'm keeping something or what to do with it.  But then, if I work on my closet, he will work on his... and that would be a win-win, right?  Except I'm still not getting done the things I want to get done.  Yeah, I should work in this room too.  I'd love to attack the book cases in all the rooms and get all our books in order by author - but heaven forbid I should do anything in "HIS" office!  I don't know why he is so resistant to me putting the books in alpha by author order.  We have so many duplicates that I could sell them on Thriftbooks or the good ones back on Amazon.  So I don't know at the moment what I will do today.  After I cook breakfast, of course.

Think I will go get another cup of coffee...... got it and of course hubby decided that maybe he needed a cup as well.  I picked up my Amazon order that was delivered around 4:30a this morning.  Hubby was telling me we were nearly out of k-cups, but what he didn't know was that I ordered another box and it came this morning as well.  I also got him six pair of ankle crew socks for the gym.  I ended up folding his laundry yesterday morning and he had about 15 pair of socks that were faded, dingy and downright ugly looking.  I told him to throw them away.  I wouldn't even give those to goodwill!  Yes, they were that bad.  So just a thought for any of the kids readings this... he can use hankerchiefs and he can use ankle crew socks - white.  It doesn't matter if he gets a lot at Christmas; he can use them!  And of course containers of cashews. LOL   I'm kind of hungry this morning so grabbed a package of 'his' Belvita snacks.  I buy the big box at Sam's Club for him and he keeps them under his desk.  Surprised he had some left - but he did - and 'let' me take a package.  I'm not ready to stop and cook breakfast!  I can probably do whatever I want today - haha - in my Amazon box new socks for him and Verona coffee.  He's happy.  He hasn't been real thrilled with the Starbucks Caramel coffee I had bought - it was just for something different.

Answer me a question if you know it..... I was told some time ago that the lighter the coffee, the more caffeine is in it.  I always thought the darker the coffee, the more caffeine.  So which is it?  Light - Medium - or Dark?   I generally prefer the 'slap me in the face' coffee.... (wouldn't that be a fun name for a coffee brand?)  I drink my coffee black as a rule, but do enjoy flavoring every once in awhile.  Like the little creamers you can put in them for flavor?  I don't use them often, but on occasion.  Just for a change up.  I don't usually buy creamers as they will go to waste, so the little ones work for me.  And when I go to Panera for Needles of Hope, I get their dark coffee about 1/2 up the cup, then finish filling it with Hazelnut.  Just to have a different taste. :-)  Years ago Pastor Steve got me on the coffee mixtures.  When I was with him and we went to Circle K, he would get regular coffee about half up the cup, then added cappuccino.  His explanation was that cappuccino by itself is generally too sweet and somewhat weak as far as coffee.... so by adding dark coffee, it gives it a good base and not as much sweetness.  And you know I'm so sweet I don't need much more sugar, right?

Philippians 4:4 (ESV)  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.

If we truly pause and think about all the things that God does for us, how can we not rejoice in Him, thank Him that He even woke us up this morning?  That we are breathing.  That we have food to eat. That we have a roof over our heads, and most of us have vehicles that we can go someplace.  Some of us have jobs that we can be thankful for.  If you really pause and think about the goodness of God towards us, how can we not be grateful and rejoice in Him?  He blesses us so abundantly - how can we not praise Him?  You hear me talk all the time that I have too much 'stuff'.  That I have clutter everywhere - and it's usually because over the years I have bought too much, right?  I use it for awhile, and then there it sits.  Did I really need it to start with?  Probably not.  I need to start pulling things aside and make a list and submit it to my family and see if anyone wants them - after it is gone from me, I don't know what is done with it, right?  OOh - don't want to think about that!  LOL  I've hung on to it this long, right?  Some things I just need to learn how to use - that would help.  

I had my SIL put together a TV stand for me the last time they were here.... and he put my little TV on it.  The purpose, as I am sure I shared before, was to be able to move it from the exercise room to this bedroom should we have guests who like to watch late night TV.  I have a firestick, but don't know how to use it, and my youngest couldn't figure it out when he was here.... and started talking Roku - and I don't have that.  I need something that I don't need to hook up and take off every time it is moved.  Any ideas?  It will be in the exercise room for the most part, and maybe that will get hubby (and me) back there to workout if we can see something on TV.  For me, though, when I'm on the treadmill or the rebounder, I put my laptop on the table and watch a movie.  Which I am hoping to do later today.  I've got to get my steps back up.  My company is having a challenge and it requires getting steps in.  I formed my own team 'Jailbreak Walkers' as I usually do, and already have a full team.  But I can't let them do all the walking; I need to get my walking up to 10K steps a day again. And it would help me lose weight as well.  That and quit eating.  Sigh.

And, surprisingly I haven't heard from my son that I'm late today in posting this!  I love this relationship we have in which we can share life.  I always go to his blog first... and went a little bit ago and see he posted a short one.  I agree, with writing every day, with the life I have, I'm sure most of it is so boring who wants to read it!  But every once in awhile, surely I have something good for you to read. :-) Maybe.

And with that, I'm going to get off here and get back to my reading.  I picked up a couple 'new' books from Thriftbooks.  Both are by Jerry Bridges, who is an excellent Christian author.  The two I am wanting to read now.... and I need to decide which one first... I will follow You, O God.....Embracing Him as Lord in your private worship, and I Exalt You, O God....Encountering His greatness in your private worship.  Don't both of those sound good?!  Plus today in another yet Amazon delivery, the Altar of Pergamon by Jonathan Cahn should arrive.   I've only read a couple of Jonathan Cahn's books (did you know he was the 'other passenger' in the duct tape passenger story?   I watched a podcast he did, talking about it.  He said the other guy was very amiable, having a couple drinks, but was sharing things, just talking. Then he asked what Jonathan Cahn did.  Jonathan shared about writing the book and the guy started getting agitated.  Then he calmed down and they continued to talk, but in talking about the book, Jonathan (who is a Rabbi) shared he was a minister, a Jew who believes in Messiah, and mentioned Jesus.... and this guy starts yelling and long story short (cause a lot happened very quick), he grabbed Jonathon Cahn's throat and was trying to choke him before others came up and pulled him off and they duct taped him to the seat.  The devil was in full force, ya think?  Anyway, guess I've gotten off track. 

So - I am closing this off.... have an amazing day, be thankful that God is so good to you.

Blessings!

 

No comments: