Yeah, you know how I like to share my day with you, and being distracted this morning, forgot about my afternoon yesterday! Oh My!
I hear the doorbell ring and hubby went to answer it - it was about 2:30-ish, I'd guess. It was Ms. Vicky and I hear her ask hubby 'can you fix my phone?' 1) Wrong thing to ask hubby (right?) and even I am not real smart on phones - plus she has a Samsung. But the make was not the problem.
Ms. Vicky say her friend Crystle had taken her to AT&T that morning about something on her phone. Now AT&T is the carrier, not the the maker of her phone. Anyway.... the problem was that with saying her phone had a virus on it, AT&T told her to call a number for them to fix it. That AT&T person put a password (supposedly) on her phone and although she said she remembered it, when she got home and plugged it in - she could not longer get her phone to open so she could use it. She was in near panic mode when she came over. She asked if I could take her to Crystle's house and Crystle could help her. Sure, I can do that. So I left 'work' and started driving her to where she 'thought' Crystle's house was... but she didn't remember and didn't know the address, and the street didn't look right.
Sigh. So she wanted to go to AT&T. In the meantime, I'm keeping my mouth shut cause I don't really know what is going on with her phone. We get to AT&T and she tells him her story and shows him her phone. The password the AT&T person gave her didn't work and she couldn't get in her phone. This guy tried calling the other AT&T store she was at that morning but she couldn't remember which store. Obviously she doesn't pay much attention around her.
She wanted AT&T to call her friend Crystle. They explain to her they cannot do that; even though Crystle also had AT&T, they don't keep people's names and numbers in a file. Ms. Vicky couldn't understand why. I'm minding my own business. LOL I let her do the talking, after all, I didn't know exactly what was going on, other than the password she claims she was given wasn't working. We left AT&T after about 30 minutes.
Oh - and hubby calls me while I'm there with 'Are you OK?' Needless to say, I had sharp words for him... and when I got home I told him that he has to quit being paranoid about me being 'out'! He did that to me the other day as well. If I'm not back in a specific timeframe, he will call and ask 'Are you ok?' - and although I probably should be appreciative of that concern, if I wasn't OK, I couldn't answer my phone anyway and he was annoying me! He didn't speak to me until he got back home from bible study. And that's ok. Stop calling me if I'm not home when he thinks I should be! Ok, I know he loves me, but I think it is more he is terrified I won't be here to take care of him and he would be alone. If you know what I mean, you know what I mean, right?
Anyway - back to Ms. Vicky. We were sitting in the parking lot at AT&T and I had an idea. Was she friends with Crystle on Facebook. Yes. So I went to her profile on facebook and found Crystle (and found she was also giving me the wrong last name), and called her through facebook on my phone. I explained the problem, and she immediately gave me the password for Ms. Vicky's phone. It worked. It was Ms. Vicky's 'own' password; that had not been changed. The phone worked. I brought Ms. Vicky home and suggested she write down on paper telephone numbers of her friends and family - she did not know anyone's telephone number.
Which got me thinking.... I have the majority of passwords in my phone. If I lost it or could not bring it up, very few would I remember.... and as for telephone numbers, I probably only know three or four in my entire directory! So decided that perhaps, in my spare time, I should also sit down and write out names and passwords of accounts, names and telephone numbers of others. I used to do that with emails years ago. But we rarely email people now; it's all text, right? Anyway, perhaps it is something you need to think about as well, if you haven't already done it.
We are so used to just punching a name on our phone that we never look at the number. What if we accidently deleted their name out of our address book? And then needed to contact them?
Oh well - just had to share that story yesterday. Ms. Vicky was all over the place with her confusion and she doesn't see well either so that doesn't help. Glad I could help her, and it took less than an hour. Just wish I had thought about the facebook contact before driving her to AT&T and around trying to find Crystle's house. I told her to get the address too.
And with that.... I need to add 'write down telephone numbers' on my list of things I want to do. Not to mean that I will do them, but want to, right?
Have an amazing day!
Blessings!
ps - if you are reading this first - look at the next post down.
No comments:
Post a Comment