Thursday, June 12, 2025

Was I snoring too loudly?

 I felt hubby touch my back way early this morning, and it awakened me enough to open my eyes to see what time it was.  2:05AM.  Was I snoring too loudly and he was trying to get me to stop?  I don't know, but no words were spoken and I struggled to get back to sleep, but eventually did.  Sometimes he says he touches my back (cause usually I sleep on my left side) to make sure I'm still breathing.  He doesn't hear me snoring and if I move when he touches me, then I'm still alive.  Ok then.  I guess I'm still alive, for I moved.  I struggled out of bed a little after 4AM.

Hmmm. It's Thursday.  Our landscapers are here - at 6:30AM - are using the hedge trimmer on the fabulous hedges we have out front.  NOT.  I can see ours is uneven - but there he goes on to the next one.  He has left ours higher than our neighbors - why?  Sometimes I want to get a hedge trimmer and just do it myself.  Oh nice - he sees the tree limbs hanging down in front and is chopping those off as well.  Yay, they finally did something.  Yeah, I think our landscape company the HOA uses is worthless.  I've had an ongoing argument about their car of grass - or lack thereof.  Sigh. Don't get me started.   I have my window shutters open; I wonder if they see me?  heh heh.  The guy is walking around with the blower and daggone it - he is blowing against the hedges - and blowing the leaves INSIDE the courtyard!  Eventually he will walk inside the courtyard - nope, he isn't coming in this time - to blow the leaves back out.  Sigh. Like I said, I'm not in favor of them.  He's already gone down the row.  Oh well. 

I need to get some spray for my rose bushes - the aphids have eaten all the leaves off one of my new rose trees.  I think it is still alive, as the other one, but the leaves are about all gone.  Yeah, I may be a little late here, but wasn't sure what was happening to it.  

I did fairly well staying off my phone yesterday.  Especially Facebook.  I shared yesterday I need to quit scrolling as I lose too much time, right?  Every time I picked it up and opened Facebook without thinking about it, at the first post I would remember and I would close it back out and put my phone done.  So I think I did good.  I didn't even scroll in it last night.  Now to continue with my resolve to stay off Facebook and not scroll and lose all my time.

I don't get it.  After my chiropractor appointment yesterday I went over to Safeway and picked up a couple salads for lunch and also... well, the fried chicken called my name.  I'm a Tennessee gal - I LOVE fried chicken!  So I bought eight pieces to go with our salads.  We hate some of both for lunch, then we finished it off for dinner last night (but still have chicken left).  Yes, I worked out core last night, but daggone it - how in the world have I gained two pounds overnight??  This losing weight is the pits!  I now muscle weighs more than fat, but I sure would like to see the scales drop a bit more.  I'm 'stagnant' with the weight loss; it just won't go down.  Ok, I did have a piece or two of chocolate last night.  But that shouldn't be two pounds, should it?  I had chicken and salad for lunch and dinner, for crying out loud@!   Yeah, my Virta coach is wondering what I'm doing too.  I need to stop this 'relapse' and get focused again.

Seriously?  Now they have the riding lawnmowers out going through the front yards - and dust is everywhere!  Why? Because we have very little grass and they are stirring up the dirt!  Landscapers!  UGH.

Psalm 19:1-2 (NKJV):  The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge.

Have you ever paused to look up at the sky when it is dark, and just gaze at the stars and the moon up above?  Have you ever wondered how they could be so strategically placed and shining so bright?  That's God.  When the morning comes and the sun slips up the slide of the earth, and brings light to our area, do you pause and wonder at how perfect it all is?  That is God.  He created the heavens and the earth for us to enjoy His handiwork.  He gives us night to rest and day to work.  Well, for most of us.  Some people have to do it backwards - work at night and rest during the day.  But it shows us God's glory and His favor to us.  

I love the early mornings when it is somewhat 'cool' and quiet.  This morning it is dusty and noisy - thanks to the landscapers, but I guess it needs to be done; they didn't ask my opinion.   I often wish I could just go out and sit and not worry about work or anything distracting me, but just go out and sit and listen.  Sometimes God speaks to me when I shut up long enough.  

Hubby read our devotion from a book last night that I have already finished, but he is not quite done with yet.  In it the author talks about when we pray, are we praying in faith.  Do we pray words that we know people want to hear (if we are praying for them).  Are we praying in faith that God will heal, will comfort, will do what we ask?  Do we add the tag 'If it's Your will, Lord, heal this person."  Is that to cover our butts if He chooses NOT to heal someone.

I know I've mentioned before how I have prayed earnestly and with faith that someone would be healed - and they were not.  They still have the cancer. They still died. But other times I've prayed and tumors on kidneys have disappeared, bones have knit back together perfectly that were broken.  Is God still answering my prayers?  Yes. I have to say Yes.  Sometimes the answer is not what I want it to be, but I pray in faith, believing that He will answer.  I don't have control over situations; but I can believe that when I pray, In GOD's timing, He will answer that prayer.  Children will return to God.  Healing will be restored.  Jobs will be available.  Finances will be restored. Relationships will be healed.  

I believe that when I pray earnestly, desperately, in full faith, God will hear and He will answer.  Sometimes it isn't the answer I want because He is God and I am not; He sees the big picture and I do not.  But sometimes, He does answer the way I ask.

Even something as silly as finding a church.  Remember what I had prayed and how it was answered?  That still blows me away.  

And with that, I need to get off here (see what work does?  It interferes with my time availability!!) and get the work computer turned on.  I had other things come up yesterday, but I really do want to get the board minutes done this week.  Sometime.  Hopefully.  I still have six weeks until the next board meeting so I'm good. LOL

May the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn His face toward  you and give you peace.

Blessings!



No comments: