I woke up this morning with a raspy (feeling) throat and it is a bit sore. Or I just slept with my mouth open. Either way, I'm not perfect. I know, that's a shock, isn't it!
Yesterday was a rare quiet day at work. My favorite boss and I exchanged an email or two, but heard nothing from the male boss. He's busy this week - he goes on vacation all next week so he has a lot to get done this week. And no, I didn't take advantage of the time and get the minutes done. Actually forgot about them, so have it on my calendar to do today so that I don't forget again. Will see if that helps.
Hubby did a couple things that puzzled me last night. First of all, he forgot I was going to workout. Oddly, he had asked if I would go with him to the rec center to work out over lunch and I just said ok. But he never brought it up again. No biggie. But when I signed off the work computer and went into the other room, he told me to sit down and relax before fixing dinner. Puzzled, I looked at him and said I needed to get ready to go for my training with Morgan. He asked the time and I told him 4:15PM. We sat there and chatted a few more minutes, and it's 4:20PM. He tells me he isn't going to go with me. That's fine, he doesn't always go. But then at 4:25PM he decided he would go, but he wasn't going to change from his good shorts and shirt, but he would go with me. That's fine. So off we went to the gym.
On the way to the gym he asked me if I brought my sweater. Puzzled (again), I asked him why. I always have a sweater in the car for when I go to restaurants and they are so cold. It generally stays in the car. On the compartment between us. I told him, "I do not need the sweater for the gym; I'm going there to work out." His comment back? "Well, when you come out all sweaty, this cold air from the air conditioner will make you cold." Say what? First of all, I don't sweat. I 'glisten'. It was just an odd conversation. Am I over-reaching for an explanation?
The youngest text'd me this morning that the hotel they stayed at last night has a hot breakfast - bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. He doesn't eat breakfast so much, but I'm sure the others appreciated a hot breakfast. Interesting, this is the second hotel (I think) that did not have a microwave in the room - and this one was a Hilton! I asked him what he needed the microwave for anyway - I guess leftovers from the night before and popcorn. I'm not sure where he is headed today - he hasn't let me know, but I think it is on up to his in-laws in North (or is it South) Carolina. Or he may be starting back and heading to New Mexico. I don't remember his scheduling, but he will let me know soon. Glad he has been keeping me updated on their trip.
Psalm 100:3 (NKJV): Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
As I was praying this morning for different ones in my family, my mind drifted to a grandson and his friend who are having a baby any time now. He, once born, will be our 13th great-grandchild. God has truly blessed us and given us a large family. I had to stop and count again. I kept coming up with 12, but remembered the one who was born, but never lived. Yeah, I still count him. My granddaughter never gave him a name, but I did. His name is Matthew. Why, I don't know. It's just the name that came to me when I found out she didn't have a name for him. I don't know why things happen like they do, but sometimes they are a God-send, right?
We may pro-create, but it is God who does the designing and creating the baby. And God never makes mistakes. People sometimes think that a baby born with Down Syndrome is a 'mistake', but they aren't. They are a special gift from God to love and to be loved by. God has created each of us in His image. If only we all followed Him and recognized that only He deserves our worship - not food, drugs, possessions, or people. We have made idols instead of worshipping Him alone. Isn't it time we all came back to Him?
"I have only one thing to do today. Follow Him."
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment