I have a gym appointment this morning at 7AM. Not usually a way I want to start my day as I am NOT a morning person, in spite of getting up early like I do. I get up early to spend time with God; but getting up early to go to the gym is not something I want to do. But here we are. So why do I have an early gym training? Because I/we are going up north a little way to watch a grandson 'walk' across the stage and finally get his GED diploma. I understand that within two weeks he will be in boot camp as he will be going right in to the Army. Can he handle boot camp? I don't know, but then, I didn't know if his dad could or not many years ago. I will be praying daily for him, that I do know, and writing him letters. I remember how his dad wanted letters. In spite of the fact they had to do so many pushups to receive each letter. I remember that because I found a stack of my son's letters recently he had written me during those days and I reread them.
So the gym is this morning and heading up to Camp Verde probably around 3PM this afternoon. The graduation starts at 5PM and I am assuming we will be heading back home afterwards. Got to remember to get the 25 $1 bills ready for him. Now for a granddaughter to finish her classes and receive her GED diploma so that she can get a better job.
Yesterday was a busy type day. I ended up baking my cranberry pumpkin nut bread, baked oatmeal raisin cookies for the upcoming NM trip, and fixed 'garbage' for dinner. I was going to divide things up and take to Ms. Vicky and Ms. Diane - and talked myself out of it. There is no 'reason' for me to take them food; they both have food. I'm not their mother; I don't know why I was thinking I had to take them food before I left. Rolling my eyes. That mother instinct kicks in and I have to take care of everyone. So I took nothing over to them (they can wait until I come back! LOL) Things went in the freezer for our trip to give us munchies.
Want to have a laugh this morning. I awoke during the night and when I looked at the clock, it was 12:10AM. UGH. Too early. So I got up to walk 'down the hall'. Well, as I always try to be quiet and not wake hubby up, I shut the door quietly. A hand on the doorknob and a hand at the top of the door to know when it shuts. My eyes are generally still closed for I don't want to wake up! I know my way around pretty well so don't have to look too much. Anyway - and this is what is funny. As I was leaving the bathroom, my left hand is on the knob and my right hand is at the top of the door as it opens, and I opened my eyes to see this very dark spot in front of me. I gasped! And as I did, I moved my hand and the 'dark spot' moved away. DUH. Go figure; it woke the brain up and I am sure I didn't sleep much AFTER I got back in bed. And I got up at 4AM this morning because I want to get my reading, typing in here, and other things done before I have to leave by 6:30AM for the gym. Another reason I don't like going this early to the gym - although I would if that is when I'm scheduled. SOMEONE has to go early. LOL and hubby is scheduled at 7:30AM. I will have to hurry back and get to work since it will be a short day for me. All day working tomorrow, then I'm off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Found a post from my granddaughter this morning of my great-granddaughter playing the chimes at church. Love it when she keeps me connected. She frequently sends me photos of the girls (got three yesterday!) and videos.
Zechariah 14:9 (NIV): The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and His name the only name.
You do know we are in the end times, yes? No one knows when Jesus is coming back, but with the wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes, and many other things happening (read about it in Revelation - now THAT is a 'story' that can scare you! - you need to make sure that you are ready for 'that day'. Don't shrug as you read this and think you have plenty of time to 'get right with God'. You don't. You don't know if this very moment your breath will halt. Our days are numbered, and we do not know what they are. We read or hear about all the trials and tribulations that happen now. Unrealistic things - and yet - they are real. Many breaks our heart. Kids shooting or stabbing kids. Murders happening left and right. Who are we to take someone else's life? But this world has turned against God and against His commandments - which were only to protect us.
When was the last time you read them? How many are you following?
And with that - sorry - I need to get off here and get ready for the gym. Got to keep this body in shape - just in case God lets me live to 103 as I've asked. Got to beat the oldest in my family - which was my Aunt Grace who lived to 102. But to do so, got to be strong and healthy, and I need to keep my mind healthy too. If not, Lord, take me away! I refuse to be a burden on my children or anyone else. I want to live life. Do you?
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment