Wednesday, December 30, 2020

'We're having church'.....

 That's the message I received yesterday afternoon.  I had received a call early last week that the RV park we occasionally speak at was not going to have 'in-house' services last Sunday (hubby was to speak) because there was a rise of COVID in the RV park and some of the key people at the RV church had been exposed.  I was contacted on Monday that the Board was meeting on Tuesday (yesterday) to decide if they should open this week (I am on the schedule to speak).  They also wanted my title and scripture.  Thank goodness I already had a message prepared or I would be in a panic.  So I emailed the title and the scriptures and gave my 2 cents worth.  I suggested they NOT open this week, even though it had been the two weeks since the people had been exposed.  With the Christmas holiday just last week, and new people coming into the RV park, I said I was ok with the cancelling if they wanted to.  Well, I got an email back later that said the Board met, and they were going to meet this Sunday.  Which means I will be speaking.  AND we have communion this week.  Will see how they are going to do that.  We have the individual cups but how are they going to do the bread?  I reckon I will find out on Sunday.  

So what am I going to speak on?  Matthew 13:3-9.  The sowing of the seed.  What do I hope they get out of it?  That God is sowing seeds of Hope, of Love, of Warning.... and a few others.  But the key thought is, are we looking to God, are we seeing God, or are we totally non-observant of Him?

I am pretty much non-observant anymore.  I used to notice some things, but I'm worse now.  I admit it.  I stopped by my daughters some time last week and didn't notice anything.  The other day I stopped by and commented on her 6-8 poinsettia plants (live plants) around her doorway.  I love poinsettias and bought 4 small ones to plant in a few weeks.   She looked at me and said, "Mom, they were there last week when you came over and I asked you if you saw them and you said yes, and how nice they looked" (or something like that).  I don't even remember that conversation.  Am I losing my mind or am I just non-observant?  Could be a little of both!

But one thing I am observant of and that is how God works in situations.  Yesterday I had typed in a short prayer for my son and grandson in the search of a vehicle.  I thanked God for answered prayers when my son called later in the afternoon that they found a car, and were in the process of getting everything completed yet that afternoon.   It's in the little things that mean a lot to us that God will show Himself faithful, when we ask.  Thank you, Jesus.

I still need to have the last group of grandchildren over to bake cookies and make Christmas mice before they head back up north.  I'm hoping to get them in tomorrow evening, even though it is New Years Eve.  We don't plan to do anything anyway, and if we can get them before 5PM, they can be back home by 8PM.... maybe.  I have 3-4 pizzas in the freezer that I could fix and what I might do is feed them first and then they can have the oven for the cookies.  Maybe I should try for this evening instead so none of us will be out with the people who have been drinking on New Years Eve. Will have to talk with hubby and then check with the son to see if they are available.  He was doing something special with the kids yesterday because he got his settlement from his accident.  I have no idea how he planned to waste the money.... yes, I say waste...  (even though he probably makes memories with his children) because he doesn't save anything for emergencies.... and it shows in his daily living.  "Not my monkey, not my circus".

UGH, there I go making assumptions and making negative comments.  That is one habit I want to break.  I want to see the good in people and make positive comments.... Lord Jesus, please help me.  Yes, I'm leaving it up there because we all need a reminder that we should look for the positive (making memories with his children) and not the negative (wasting money and not saving it).  Lord knows I have wasted so much over the years - for various reasons!  I am not perfect by any means and many years had nothing in the savings account, living from one paycheck to another paycheck and doing without things that were needed.  God got us through the hard times.  Always.

What is around you that you need to be observant about?  Is it something that you need to put away and clear off?  Is it something someone has put up on the wall that you need to notice?  Oh my goodness.  I just remembered something!  A grandson had made a face on one of the Christmas gifts that was to go to someone who didn't come with the family on Christmas.  He confessed to me what he had done and showed it to me - and I was busy and forgot about it - and the gift was taken.  I'm hoping that person was NOT observant about it.  I haven't heard anything anyway.  Now if I had been observant.....

I finally got the bed cleared off here in this room the other day.  All the wrapping paper and bags are put away in the garage.  I have a couple things I still need to take out of here and will today.  I'm looking around this room to see whatever I need to do.  "Observing" things I need to clean off, to put away, to dust.  I 'observe' my weights that I need to get up and use today.  LOL  See, it's the little things....

Take some time today to look about you and see what you can do to help someone, to make things better.  It may be a simple thing as moving things off a table.  Take the time to look people in the eye and listen to what they are saying.  And hear them.  You just might learn something.

Blessings!



No comments: