Monday, December 14, 2020

Errors?? really?

 I tried to get online this morning to read my son's blog and got an error message.  I took the system down and tried again.  Still got the error message.  Tried this blog, and again the error message.  After several tries of trying to get into it and restarting the computer, I gave up.  Looks like whatever the problem was is corrected now.  I couldn't even get it to come up on my phone during this time.

I've had to cancel my day off for Thursday, but am hoping to shut down about 2PM  that day.  I'm scheduled to be on PTO on Friday so hopefully can keep that.  Thursday I was to get a massage (which I have now cancelled) and then hit the grocery store to finish getting things for baking and for meals.  But, alas, most of it can wait.  Friday I won't cancel without a fuss.  I plan to meet a couple friends in Mesa for 'brunch' if they can still make it, and then meet one of my bosses for lunch and then heading over to my big boss' house and dropping her gift off on her porch.  I'll hand off the other gifts.  AND, if we can't meet cause they can't take a break, then it is what is and it can wait until later.   I have breads in the freezer, and Thursday evening I can make the cheeseballs and salsa for my boss.  She'd like bread and butter pickles too, but don't know if I'll get those done. 

Like my kids, my one boss has gotten a little spoiled with my goodies at Christmas.  They count on them for their own family gatherings.  And I love to do it for them cause I know they appreciate it.

Checking with my little sister on the tracking codes on my packages from her.  They were to have been delivered on Saturday, but weren't.  I have discovered that the SC post office will deliver packages when they feel like it.  Sometimes it runs 1-2 days after I'm notified they are to be delivered.  I kind of shrug it off, but these are my Christmas packages from my sissy and I.WANT.THEM.NOW.   The tracking report says 2 day delivery with expected delivery is 12/12/2020.  Our office shuts down at noon - literally - on Saturdays.  Which is why I figure I did not get them Saturday.  BUT - here it is on Monday and that little mail truck had best make its' way to my house pretty soon!  

Well, that's odd.  I usually can text the tracking # to 28777 and will get a response back fairly quick.  I have put through both numbers she sent me - and I haven't gotten a response yet!  It's been over 5 minutes!  THEY LOST MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!  LOL  Probably not, but if they aren't delivered today, I'm going to be really upset.  They've already made me wait all weekend.  Gotta love the post office.

Of course right now I'm a little put out at an Amazon driver.... I had ordered some things for an elderly lady in our church for Christmas, to be delivered yesterday.  She said the drive THREW IT OVER THE FENCE!!  Didn't even bother to put it on the porch - and she's in her 80's and had to drag the box in to her house.  That's just wrong - and I reported the delivery was mishandled.  I hope Amazon contacts me - nothing was broken; it was just snacks and some food for her - but still, he should have placed it on the porch.  What is it with people nowadays?  I've seen the videos on facebook but had never experienced it.  I'm not happy about it, for sure.

Hubby went out shopping for a very short time this morning.  Came back and told me that if we go to the store I need to drive cause his trunk has gifts in it.  HIS tradition is to wrap on Christmas eve night.  I have everything wrapped and ready to go.  Just need to double check on a couple things.... I either over-ordered or I missed someone.

Think I will fix BBQ Pork for sandwiches in the next day or so.... wonder if I will have any takers for it.  Guess I need to see if I have any BBQ sauce or if I will need to go to the store too.  I may wait another day or so before putting in the crockpot.  It's always so good and a nice treat for BBQ sandwiches.

Need to use up some thawed hamburger and chicken tonight.... maybe I'll throw the chicken in the air fryer - I dunno.... I'm not hungry right now.... nothing sounds good.  Give me another hour though and I'll probably be raiding the cabinet!

Ok I reckon I've rambled enough so will hush for now.  Will see if I can get the blog to come up tomorrow  morning.

Have a great day!



1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

Small consolation.... I read a blurb online this morning that people everywhere were having issues with Google and its services at one point this morning, so maybe you got caught up in that. I know I didn't have any probs...