Friday, December 11, 2020

Be the Star....

I am 'preaching' this Sunday at one of the RV parks we are asked to speak at during the November - March season.  It's my turn.  I've got the message typed out and this morning was going over it, timing myself, and getting my thoughts pulled together to be able to present it well.

As I finished, and put it away, and brought up my computer, I was thinking about what could I write about today.  My thoughts go back to the message and the ending of it.

In a world full of darkness, but the STAR in someone's life.

Philippians 2:14-15 (NIV)  "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation  Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky."

So what does that mean?

We are more Christ-like when we honor God's children, than when we honor God.  Think about that.  I don't know about you, but it is a lot easier for me to lean into a loving God, than it is to think in loving ways towards people around me.  But it is more Christ-like when I treat people well, than even when I worship God.

Let that sink in.  How are you doing with that?  This pandemic has gotten many of us 'stir-crazy' just because we don't want to go out into the world that often.  Are you relating to the people in your world with the mind-set of Jesus Christ?  It's easy to love a God who died for us.  It's much harder to love people we'd like to strangle.

This pandemic has affected us all in many ways.  Some have used it as an excuse for their life-styles - which really haven't changed from what it was before.  They choose to do what they do.  They have no thought for others, and like many who ran out and bought as much toilet paper and paper towels as they could at the beginning - and during - the pandemic (what was that all about?) - they are so self-centered that they are just like the rest of the world.  

So what shall we choose to be, to do?  We can say we are Christ-followers, but does our behavior cause us to shine like the stars in the sky?   Do we put others before ourselves?  Do we go that extra step for someone in need?

Can God use even me, to bring joy and a blessing to someone?   I know He can.  And I know He will.  It could perhaps just be a note written, a quick phone call, or perhaps even a short visit (if you feel comfortable doing so).   People in this pandemic are needing to know they are not forgotten.  Many are staying in their homes for health reasons.  And that is good.  But to receive a note from you, a phone call, could literally change their day and make it brighter. And they wouldn't feel so alone.

Take a moment now; send that email.  Write that note.  Make that phone call.  

Be the star in someone's life today.

Blessings!

No comments: