Yes - hubby turned the heat on yesterday. My room that I work in, and live in from about 4AM until 4PM, is the coldest room in the house. We will find out if it is also the warmest room in the house. It was 65 degrees inside yesterday and after trying to work with fingers so cold .... I finally asked hubby to turn the heat on to at least 70. It immediately came on.
Usually I'll fight it with a sweater on and moving around. But, with sitting at the desk and NOT moving, it made it feel colder than it probably really was. It sure felt a lot better within the hour as the heat filtered through the house. We always turn it down at night so that we can sleep better in the cooler air, but I must admit too that it felt good getting up this morning and it wasn't so cold as some mornings have been lately. I just don't do cold real well. My body shuts down and it starts to hibernate.
I was somewhat productive yesterday. I did get the minutes completed and sent out. Of course I have another meeting tomorrow which isn't quite as bad as the 4 hour meeting - it is only an hour and a half. I don't like taking minutes for it either, but it is easier to follow context. Today my calendar is fairly clear so it is checking to see what meetings I need to create and/or extend into 2021. At least I only have two bosses now that I need to do that for. I'm counting the days for one person I currently support as they will be moved to someone else on Monday. There is just something about this person that I find annoying and condescending. He is always polite and asks 'if you will please'... but I just can't put my finger on it. I was listening to the recording of the previous meeting and I heard his voice and I just get the impression he wants my big boss' job. Interesting. He has been reporting up to her, but she is moving him under one of her 'chief's. Just a different reporting structure. I'm glad he is moved to another admin; his meetings are sometimes very hard to schedule as he always wants the upper leadership in them and they are just not available. I will still have to do his surveys as I am the only one who has access to this program. I don't give out my passwords to just anyone.
I did take a break yesterday afternoon and pulled all the gifts out from under the tree to check it against my confusing list. I found three gifts that I had to unwrap and still have not figured out who they are for. In thinking about it, I think for at least one of them, I had ordered enough of these for everyone, but in wrapping put two to one person, and so then I began to think that I hadn't ordered enough, so ordered another. That causes me to have an extra one. I'm sure I will figure out what to do. Basically, I'm done shopping. I may have one or two more things to pick up because of other circumstances happening, but overall, I am done. It is a good feeling so that I can focus on meals and how things will progress on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Yeah, I like to have an idea of how the day will go.
Seems like my boys want ham for lunch/dinner. I had thought I'd do something different this year, but ham is easy to fix and they like it so it's ok with me. I can just put in the oven or a crockpot and let it heat up. Thank goodness it's cooked and I don't have to worry about it being done. Many times we eat cold ham sandwiches. I did have one request for cole slaw. :-)
I read something profound this morning and it is by a theologian by the name of Lewis Smedes. He wrote a wonderful book about hope that includes this striking insight:
"A person who has the habit of hope also has the habit of remembering. Hope needs memories the way a writer needs notes. This is partly because hope depends so much on imagination. Our images of the future are sweepings from our remembrances of things past. If we expect to keep hope alive, we need to keep memory alive. Happy memories of good things we hoped for that were fulfilled, and grateful memories of bad things we survived."
When treading through the desert of life, it helps to remember God's help in ages past. We can all think of things we 'escaped' from catastrophe in years past, right? Near escapes, or just 'thank you, Jesus' for getting us out of that situation. We gain a wise perspective by realizing that nothing that is happening now is a surprise to God. Our memories are spiritual investments; they reap dividends when we consult them and discover once again the perpetual faithfulness of God.
I often think back over my life, especially the two single years I had and how God rescued me from disaster. Life for me could have gone either way, but in His mercy and in His grace, He rescued me and set my feet on solid ground. I shall always be grateful and thankful for His grace. I had no value on my life, and did a lot of stupid things that could have ended it at any time. BUT GOD. Although I knew OF Him, I did not KNOW Him. There is that big difference. But He knew me. And He didn't let me go. For that I shall always be grateful. His grace has sustained me.
You may feel that God has turned His back on you, but He hasn't. He is watching over you because He loves you so much. He's waiting on you to make the right choices. Our God is not a demanding God, but He is a jealous God, and He doesn't like anything that takes you away from Him. He will watch over you, and He will rescue you. Trust Him, and Hope in Him. He is your Deliverer.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment