Tuesday, May 14, 2024

I guess it's all in my head.....

 or is it my eyes?  The trip to the eye specialist yesterday was uneventful.  We made better time than we thought we would. After a little wait, I got taken back for a couple tests. Was surprised it was only two at that time.  The one where the little light flies all around and you push a clicker every time you see it.  I noticed at times I'd find myself just staring at a spot thinking "was that really a flash of light?" and by that time, another one would appear elsewhere.  Then I had a test where it was like a laser going up and down my eyeball.  I was sent back out to the front to wait until the next call, which came a few minutes later.  Taken back for another visual test of reading the letters on the eye chart, and the dreaded dilation drops were added to my eyes.  Getting to sit in the hallway this time, it didn't take long for the specialist to come out to get me.  I love this man.  We've been going to him 15-20 years; hubby longer than me.  I trust him completely.  My vision is still 20 / 25 - which is still better than it was before the surgery. 

I shared with him all the things that have been going on with my eyes; the ocular migraine lightening flashes, the wooden fence popping up on my left eye and blocking my vision; the eyes taking a few minutes to bounce all over the place and my vision blurring.... and he said they are all symptoms of the ocular migraine.  There is nothing they can do for them. They are just things that happen. And, since it was before the cataract surgery, it is not something that they did.  It just is, and I have to deal with it.  But I don't want to 'deal with it'.  (He didn't say that, I did)  I can take an aspirin when I get them, but there is no pain to speak of and it wouldn't change the 20 minutes it lasts.  Takes that long for the aspirin to work.  I did tell him my thought of asking my medical doctor if I should get a head scan to see if I have a tumor or something pressing against my eyes that would cause it, but he said he didn't think it would show anything.  All that I have been experiencing are reported symptoms of ocular migraines and there is no cure.  No prevention either. Sigh.  So guess I will just 'deal with it'.  I still get them at least once a month, and sometimes two in one day.  I need to write down and observe what I am doing at the time. Maybe there is something that is triggering them.  Most, but not all, are sitting at my computer, of course. But I know I've also had them watching TV.  Hmmm could it be the 'blue light' from the computer/tv?

I had a lot to catch up on yesterday when I returned to work, and I still have some of that to do today. With all the changes to the itinerary last week, I hadn't updated it - and of course my male boss wanted me to send him what I had - so I updated as much as I could and sent it to him. I noticed he sent me an email later to call another person and try to get him an appointment to see them. He preferred at an ice cream location rather than an office.  Like I would know where one is in Colorado.  Sigh.  But I'll see what I can find out.

Last night we met up with friends for dinner at Applebees.  For the first time, my grilled chicken was tough.  Disappointing, for I have always loved their grilled chicken, mashed potatoes (which aren't on my approved list) and broccoli.  The chicken was tough and didn't have much flavor. Very disappointing.  Hubby got a steak and said it was tough as well.  We haven't been to Applebees for awhile and it may be a while longer after that.  I really wanted to get ribs; and I really thought about the cajun salmon, and I thought about the shrimp and salmon... but I'm also a cheapskate so got my usual chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  I should have gotten the shrimp and salmon. LOL  But that, if it wasn't good, I'd really be disappointed!  I still ate all the chicken and broccoli and perhaps half of the mashed potatoes.  You really need to know that, didn't you.  Sounds like the DIL who posts everything on Facebook and posts her meal and then says, "but I ate only half of it".  Do I care she ate only half?  Do you care that I didn't eat all my mashed potatoes?  LOL 

Psalm 139:13-14 (NKJV):  For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.

I remember when my daughter was born, my firstborn, and we came home from the hospital. I was living with my in-laws at that time as my husband was in VietNam.  His brother came home from college that first weekend and he was loving on our daughter, and he looked at her fingers, and looked at her toes, and he said, "How can one see a newborn baby and not believe there is a God?"

I have never forgotten that visit, that statement.  It didn't mean much to me at the time, but I often think about that, especially when I see a newborn baby.  Looking at their fingers and toes, and how perfect they are, God did that.  He created this child in a woman's womb; He nourished this child; He helped it grow.  And He breathed His own breath into the child so that it would live.  We do have an awesome and great God! A Heavenly Father who loves us so much.  

Have you ever thought about how often you take a deep breath?  The name of God, YHWH (because He is so holy that the Israelites would not even say His name!) - and we pronounce it YAHWEH.  I seem to remember that someone once said it means 'to breathe'.  Gasp - you can tell the world is becoming an evil place.... just googled YAHWEH to get the breathe meaning - and the garbage they had on there for Who God is.  Why am I so shocked?  The world has turned away from Him to do their own thing - and the results is what we have now in this world.  Children killing adults or other children just because they are angry with them. People going crazy with vengeance.  Mental diseases that are brought on by self-centeredness and lack of control, lack of discipline.  Ok - I'll hush on that topic.  

I will just say this.  And I believe it.  With God as Lord, there is discipline, self-control, love, respect, life, hope, and wisdom.  Without God, there is chaos, death, vengeance, anger, disasters, stupidity.

Oh that everyone would choose LIFE!  That is what I pray for my children, my grandchildren, great grandchildren, and generations to come.  I pray they choose LIFE.

Deuteronomy 30:19 (NKJV):  I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live...  

We have a choice.  Follow Jesus and live.  Or follow the world and die.  I choose Jesus.  What about you?

Blessings!

No comments: