That thought just popped in my head as I was thinking about what to write in here today. I wonder if my boss has seen it and sent me an email about it yet. I didn't look I have all those terminated contracts I need to actually go into the system and terminate as well. I haven't completed the minutes from the meeting last week I attended with the doctors. Yeah, I think I have some work already lined up for me today. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it. Hubby is going to meet a friend for coffee in about an hour.
Yesterday was practically a 'do nothing' day, I think. We did go out for a half mile walk, with hubby using his new walking stick. I had to keep reminding him to stand up straight as he tends to lean over when he walks - and he believes me now that his trainer has told him to stand up straight as well. After our short walk, I wanted to get the potting soil added to a couple pots and plant some seeds. Workers were at our neighbor's house and making noise as they put in the flooring. The new neighbors arrived to check things out - and ended up coming over for about 30-45 minutes and sitting and chatting with us. They will be a fun couple, I think. At least they are active and not using walkers. I should have visited Ms. Diane or Ms. Vicky, but I did not. Lazy me.
I did work on this art project that my big brother had sent me. I got the beads all put in little containers and then worked on it for a short while. Hubby was watching Iwo Jima with John Wayne. After a while I gave up and sat down to watch it too (I do like the John Wayne movies, and he has gotten to where he is watching a lot of them lately). We also watched The Quiet Man. With the action movies nowadays, you can see easily how no one really got hurt when they did punches back then. LOL I did cook dinner last night and that made hubby happy, cause I didn't cook breakfast and we ended up at Jack in the Box for lunch (totally 'off diet'). We did go see a great-granddaughter for a few minutes; she had fallen the day before and broken her arm. She wouldn't get out of her daddy's arms, but she did talk with us.
Reading in my book for a short few minutes this morning I still picked up a few things. One being that sometimes we get so caught up in our lives, so busy doing things half-way because we can't get time to finish them (sounds a lot like me, doesn't it? Does it sound like you too?). Of course my life isn't near as crazy as a young mother's who has children to take care of, car pools to run, grocery shopping to do, laundry to handle, ironing to do.... hubby refuses to let me do laundry, I don't iron anything anymore, I do the grocery shopping but it usually isn't much for the two of us, and we have no children to run after. My life evolves around hubby (which he likes) and work. But even with that, I need to sometimes take time out for me - which I do, as you know.
Sometimes it is just putting a pot of water on to have a cup of tea. Yes, if hubby is home, I still come back here to my room and continue working, but when he isn't home, and I take a break, I can sit down and just enjoy the tea. Sometimes we just need to step back and reflect .... not do anything, but just be quiet. We tend to keep so busy, because there is always something to be completed, right? Toys need to be picked up, meals to be prepared, work to be completed, and so much more. But when do you take time out for you? Just to sit back and be still. Drink that glass of water without gulping it down. Sip that glass of tea (or cup of tea) that you just need to get that caffeine fix. Ok, - some will grab the coffee for that. But when do you take time out for just you? Even just five minutes?
I know I don't do it often enough. Work, moreso lately, overwhelms me and some days I just want to go hide. Hubby doesn't get the stress I go through. He gets mad at my boss when I complain about him... and yet, he thinks that's enough. Does he realize how much he stresses me out? He will come ask if it's ok he turns on the TV and watches something. I just look at him and 'I don't care; I have to work'... he lives his own carefree life...and yes, sometimes I am resentful; sometimes I am jealous. I'm grateful for my job, don't get me wrong. It is probably the only that that has helped me keep any sort of sanity.
Romans 12:15 (NKJV): Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Yesterday was memorial day, a day in which we remember and honor those in military service died; those who served our country. What an honor it is to pause and reflect on their sacrifice of lives, of time, of family, to serve this country. I was proud of my son and grandson as I read how they put flags on the veterans graves at a cemetery yesterday. At least they did something. I was remembering those in my family who have served, I have cousins who served in the Marines, brothers in the Navy and the Army, husband(s) in Army and Air Force, and of course my youngest son, who served in the Army. I had uncles who served in the different branches of the military as well. Praise God, my uncles all came back. Seems like I had an aunt as well that served. Guess I need to review my family history as well. I do know I had relatives that served in the American Revolution.
We rejoiced when loved ones came home, and we wept when others did not. My heart always goes out to a dear friend who lost her son, a Marine, several years ago now. Praise God he had become a Christian while there and was baptized, so she knows where he is. He is with Jesus. I taught this young man in Sunday School. I went to his funeral and my heart was broken for this young life taken so soon. I think he was just 21. So Memorial Day is always bittersweet for my friend. I can't imagine losing one of my children, let alone in a war and not being able to be there with them.
My thoughts are going all over the place this morning so I'm going to hush and get off here. Need to get the work computer turned on and get dressed and ready to start the day. It's a 4 day work week and many times those 4 days seems like ten in a row.
The Lord is merciful and good. He always goes before us. Blessed is the name of the Lord.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment