Although it already seems like I have wasted some of it. But, since I work, I deserve to get to be lazy one in awhile, right? I always seem to regret wasting time. Probably because I have so little of it to do what I want to do. How did I waste it?
Well, yesterday we went to church, (not a waste), and then lunch with friends and over to see the facility they want me to cover for them in a couple weeks (not a waste), and then we came home and hubby turned on the TV to ION. Yep. We wasted the rest of the day. Watching NCIS. Sorry, not sorry, I love Mark Harmon. Hubby did ask if I wanted to watch a movie, and I snarkily replied "we're wasting time watching NCIS, or if we watch a movie, we're still wasting time; I don't care what you watch." (after all, it's HIS fault the TV is on, right? He turned it on with the pretense of seeing if the Indianapolis 500 had started yet. Then turned it to ION. (in case you are wondering, he wasn't going to watch the race, we had heard that because of severe thunderstorms, 125,000 were asked to leave the stadiums for cover. The race started about 4 hours later, after the storms had passed and they dried out the track). I sat and crochet'd most of the rest of the day, but we did - we watched NCIS from about 4PM until about 10PM. I didn't even fix dinner, to hubby's dismay. I wasn't really hungry.... he did go and fix a very small plate of rotisserie chicken to nibble on. I tell you, he will starve if he lived alone! I just didn't feel like cooking.
With staying up until 10PM, I really didn't expect to sleep THIS late this morning. How late is THIS late? I didn't wake up until 6AM!! Yes, I got 8 hours of sleep last night! And it was deep sleep, only waking up one time. I am very surprised, to say the least. Hubby slept that late as well. I think my body was just tired, even though we didn't do much yesterday but watch TV. So glad for this 3 day weekend and I don't have to turn on the work computer. I may need to jump on this morning for about 5 minutes though.... I did approve all the timecards on Friday so I wouldn't have to get online today, but I just want to make sure that I DID approve all the timecards. Everyone is salaried so they would get paid anyway, but I just want to confirm I did get them all approved. I have until 2PM, but I'll check it out anyway in a little bit.
What's on the agenda for today? Hubby wanted to try and take a short walk this morning, but I would say it will depend on when I get out of this room (which should be in about 30 minutes or less). Then I will probably have to fix something for breakfast.... I have the potting soil I know he is going to annoy me with wanting to help. I really do like doing things on my own, but he 'wants us to do it together'... I know, it helps him feel valued. Sigh. He won't do it if I tell him to do it - and I don't help. But if I start to do it, he is right there in my way, interrupting my thoughts. Does that make me a bad person for getting annoyed my space is being interrupted? How often do I get time alone (and not be out shopping just to get space?).
I was reading in my book this morning about how we need to celebrate each other. We need to take time to plan something special with people in our lives. It mostly referred to friends that you don't see often, how we need to plan their visit and look for ways to make them memorable. Or even with our siblings or children. I can remember when I used to go to my sister's house (alone) that she would have a tray fixed up for me, have snickers on it, perhaps a book, some flowers, a note, and I forget what else. Little things to welcome me to her house. I always looked forward to receiving them, and bought a tray to do the same thing here for when we have company - which is extremely rare anymore. And I feel sad about that, but .. well, I'll leave it at that. I remember one time we had a male friend stay overnight and I fixed a small tray for him with a devotional book, a note, some candy.... and he wrote the sweetest thank-you note, which we found after he left.
Sometimes our celebratory times with friends have to be over a meal versus them staying with us. As I read this chapter, I thought about my 'old' friend here in town. I've known her since 1968. We meet up every couple of months for a salad, and I generally bring her a book or some little something. She is always appreciative, and I try to make her feel valued in my life. This was even before her husband died nearly two years ago. I would love to include her more in my life, but I also know my time is not always my own...and I'll leave it at that. We're about due for another lunch; I need to send her a text and get it on the calendar.
Hebrews 13:12 (NKJV): Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing so some have unwittingly entertained angels.
When was the last time you entertained a stranger? Honestly, I can't remember the last time for us (or me) either. I know we have let people stay with us who were friends of others, and we knew of them, and may have even met them, but didn't know them. Hubby still holds a grudge against one... LOL... when one male finished eating, he got up and left his dishes on the table. The other male picked up his dishes and put in the sink. To this very day, whenever they are mentioned, hubby will bring up that his man was lazy and didn't put his dishes in the sink, but left them for us to pick up after him. We have somewhat become very 'private' now in sharing our home. Oh, we have invited people over for a meal, don't get me wrong, but getting to do that is also like pulling teeth at times. I really do love to entertain and want to do more of it, but ....
This scripture does refer to entertaining someone you have never met, you think I honestly don't know if I could do that. Not that we have anything of any value. Hubby is always worried something will get stolen or broken, by anyone, I think... but I am learning that these things we have are just things and not to be clenched in our hands. I love to give things away. And I'm going to stop there.
In fact, I think I need to get up from this chair and get dressed and see if hubby wants to take that walk. Sigh. Lord, please give me patience. Did I actually just pray that? When we pray for patience, usually many things come up that cause us to have to deal with issues - to learn patience! Yikes! I do need to get up and moving before I lose this entire day. I want to get more soil in the plants, plant some seeds, and try to get some things done. My list keeps growing, and I 'm not doing anything to get them done. Something is going on at our neighbors' this morning - I hear pounding and stuff going on. They think it will be another month before it is ready for them to move in. They had walls torn down, and totally remodeled the inside, new paint on the walls, and even had the entire kitchen torn out and put in another location, and even the washer and dryer were moved clear across the house! We haven't seen the inside (other than the very beginning) but it is going to be amazing. They still have cabinets to put up too - wherever they decided to put the kitchen. I hope we will be good friends, but .... respect each other's privacy too. Does that make sense? And with that, I'm going to shut up and get up.
Hope you have an amazing day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment