Friday, April 30, 2021

Routine change up...

 I usually don't like my routine changed - at least by much - and today is, well, being changed somewhat.  It really isn't anything tragic or disruptive.... hubby asked to take me to breakfast.  On a Friday morning. When I have to work today.  And I said yes.  So am cutting everyting short today.  For one reason, and this one.

Hubby's friend that usually meets him on Friday mornings - has to go up north to his summer place as he turned the wrong valve the other day and now has a water leak.   He won't be coming to breakfast.  So since the restaurant has a set table for them, hubby still needs to go and let them know they won't need the bigger table since no one else is coming.  So he asked me to breakfast.  

I briefly thought 'I have to work!' but decided 'why not go?'  So I said "yes".  That was before Sheeba woke me up during the night barking consistently.  So I debated on getting up to check it out...decided I shouldn't have that fun alone so woke up hubby.  Yes, he was still sound asleep.  He grabbed the flashlight and I walked behind him (for support, right?) and he checked the doors and checked on Sheeba.  Sheeba was still lying down, but had her head up.  Had she been dreaming?  If something was really wrong, wouldn't she be standing up in her bed?  Anyway, hubby peeked outside as well and there were a couple cars across the street in which people were talking and getting into. It was only a little after 10PM so it's possible they had been visiting friends.  So back to bed.

Hubby falls right back to sleep.  Me, I do what most women do.  We lay there and listen for any sound just in case there was more to her barking.  I don't know when I finally dozed back off, but had trouble waking up again this morning.  In fact, I DID fall back to sleep in here and didn't wake up until 5AM.   I have about 8 minutes left of the time I alloted myself to get this typed.

Perhaps I should have let you wonder what happened that you didn't have anything to read first thing this morning.  Would you have wondered?  Would you have noticed?  Would you have shrugged and gone on?  Does it even matter?

I may be late getting started on work this morning and you know what - that's ok.  I am even taking off work early this afternoon so that I can attend a memorial service for a dear friend who died at 108 years old.  It will be a short workday - I hope.  I may have to come back and work.  And that's ok too.

So today my routine is all mixed up.  Can't lay here and finish all my reading.  Very little time for praying - which I can do all day long and often do as God brings things to mind.  And now it's time for me to stop and get dressed and my hair put up so that I can look halfway decent.  I may even put a little makeup on.  Maybe.  

In the meantime - this IS the last day of April - tomorrow is May 1 - May day!  Do you remember what that means?  Google it cause I am out of time!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: