As I mentioned yesterday, I received the 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine on Friday afternoon. Friday I was fine. Saturday morning I had a bit of a headache but shrugged it off. Got my massage, and because I didn't sleep real well the night before, yes, I fell asleep a couple of times while getting it.
Let me back up a bit. Before I went to get the massage, I thought I had better eat something so fixed an egg and sausage sandwich. One bite and I didn't want it anymore. Hubby didn't want it so it went in the trash. I had no appetite.
After my massage I felt relaxed, but kind of 'eh'. Came home and curled up with one blanket and tried to sleep a little, thinking it was just that I hadn't slept well the night before. Couldn't sleep, so got up and got ready to go help my daughter unpack some things. The great-granddaughter wasn't in a good mood so we spent about an hour getting her quiet and asleep before we could get started on the boxes. Finally after a couple hours of unpacking I felt like I needed to go home. I had managed to eat a protein bar while I was there, but still had no appetite and I was feeling weak.
Coming home I was so cold so I curled up under two blankets on the couch and slept most of the evening, much to hubby's dismay as he left the TV off so I could rest. I was so cold and could not get warm. Had no appetite for dinner and didn't feel like cooking. So hubby made a run to KFC (which he never does; always insists we eat there) and brought home a small bucket of chicken, mashed potates, gravy and coleslaw. He obviously was hungey, even though I couldn't even think about food. He made me get up and go to the table and eat something so I had a wing and a leg, a spoonful of potatoes and coleslaw. It just had no taste.. I finished and went back to the couch under my two blankets and slept until about quarter til eight when hubby told me to go to bed. I didn't argue.
My head was pounding again (sinus area) so I took an ibuprofen and to bed I went. Woke up at 11:18, and another time or two during the night, took more ibuprofen, and finally getting up about 5:30AM to come in here. And after taking another ibuprofen for my headache, I slept for about another hour in here. I don't really feel like reading this morning, just want to sit quietly. In fact, I fell asleep for another hour and I just realized I had not even thought about putting something in here.
In reflecting on my son's comment in his blog I read this morning, yes, you probably should go ahead and get the shot(s) because you do smoke and drink. Your lungs would never be able to hold up under this virus. And, your wife may get really sore from the shot; your sister said she was told if you had had covid the first shot will hurt really bad but the second one won't be as bad. She's scheduled to get her 2nd shot next week.
I didn't think I'd have any problems at all. I really didn't. Especially when the first shot didn't even hurt my arm. I figured I was immune to any discomfort. But my general malaise and headaches are not the normal thing for me, plus my arm has been sore, and has anyone known me not to have a good appetite? I contribute it all to the 2nd shot. I'm glad it's over.
I had questioned a lot of friends and family after they had gotten the shots. My brother had the Pfizer with no side effects he said; his wife had the Moderna with no side effects. My little sister had the Pfizer with no side effects. So why would I think I would feel bad? Friends at work were sick after their second shot from a day to a week. Hubby didn't even have any reaction other than needing an extra nap during the day. But it knocked me on my butt. Of course, part of it could be because I'm home. I could crochet, watch TV, or read. BOREDOM. Not much left to do. I think if I had something to do I would have handled it better. As it was, I chose to sleep...other than the fact I was chilled. At least I am done now. If I had something to do, I would have pushed through it.
Today is Sunday and I need to get up and get the computer ready for us to watch Jentezen Franklin this morning. He comes on at 8AM now due to the time change. We need to head to the grocery today; out of a lot of things. Of course I don't buy much with us being on this new meal plan, but I do need to buy some meat, fresh veggies, and some eggs, almond milk for my shakes, etc.
I hope I come to life soon. Right now my head is starting to hurt again so another ibuprofen is on the agenda. I rarely get headaches anymore; I hope this isn't the start of something different.
Sorry no real stories to tell today.... my head isn't functioning right. I'm wanting to go back to sleep, and just stay away from activities, but need to get up and get moving.
And Sheeba is at my door, wanting to come greet me.
Have a great Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment