I just took a look at my arm to see if the red blotch is still there. It has faded quite a bit, but because I knew it was there and where it was, I can still see it. Some people may not see it as clearly as I do, if they had not seen it before. But it is fading, which is a good thing. My headaches seem to go away for most of the day and although I woke up with it again this morning, am believing that it will go away again and I will be fine for the rest of the day. I think I am finally 'done' with this vaccine reaction thing. Praise God! There were a couple times..... just saying. People have had all kinds of reactions and I'm sure that what I have just experienced is a very minor reaction compared to most. I wouldn't have shared it at all had it not been that I write in here. My tell-all blog. Ok, telling more than I should blog. Whatever. It's about me, right?
Today is Wednesday. Hump Day. Hubby chose not to go to his 5:30AM Bible study I'm thinking as he didn't not come in and tell me he was leaving. Which he usually does. He's been having a lot of pain with his shoulder - more so than usual, I think. It keeps him awake every night, no matter what he is taking for it or what cream he puts on it. Bone on bone, and for some reason the doctor is reluctant to give him a cortisone shot. I'm not medical so I have no idea what could be done. All we can do is pray for a restful nights sleep. At least he has started getting up when he wakes up during the night and going to his recliner and trying to fall back to sleep, and sometimes does. It keeps him from tossing and turning and keeping me awake as he has done many times. One night I got up and came to this bed. When he found me here the next morning and asked why, I told him. So to keep from disturbing me now, he will get up. And I'm grateful, although I do sleep good in this bed. After all, I cannot take naps during the day - as a rule - and can't sleep in. I do have a job I have to sign on for. My life is not my own.
My daughter was telling me the other day that she was singing some nursery songs we all have grown up with to her granddaughter- when her daughter told her the songs were morbid. I guess she had looked up the origin - and you know what? The songs I was raised with, and taught to my daughter, ARE morbid! 'Ring around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes ashes, all fall down!' is something about a plague, the thought cure was carrying a pocket full of posies, when the people died, their bodies were burned (ashes) and then ..... Who would have thought? Even 'rock a bye baby' has a story behind it. Google them - interesting how songs were made of these circumstances and how they have been forwarded through generations. I distinctly remember friends getting in a circle holding hands, walking around singing 'ring around the rosey', and when we got to 'all fall down' - we all fell down, and giggled! Oh MY!
Spent most of yesterday working on training modules that we have to do for work. It wouldn't be so bad except that some of the modules are more than just one segment. The one I worked on yesterday has 11 segments to it, and each one has about 10 slides to read, then 10 questions at the end that one is supposed to 'pass' or take over. Out of the six or seven I completed yesterday (in between creating meetings and moving things), I only had to retake a test a couple times. Some of that stuff we have to read has nothing to do with me, or what I do. It's not even in my area. But it is mandatory that we read it and take the quiz at the end. It's a slow process, but I'm working on it - as is everyone else. We have until July to finish it so I'm not stressing to get it done, but trying to do some every day. Today will be no different.
Work may get crazy for the rest of this week and Monday... but then again, maybe not. My 'big' boss is going to have knee surgery on Tuesday next week and doesn't plan to work for a couple weeks. She will either send me meetings to make after her surgery or have me remove more meetings. The second week she had said that she will have limited work hours. So I left some of her easy meetings on the calendar. Now she has had me remove them. Will see what she has going the rest of this week. I don't know what has happened to her calendar for today...when I looked at it last night nearly all of her meetings have disappeared off of it. Is she declining them? I don't know. Maybe she is just getting 'short-term' fever... after all, June 11th is her last workday.
I've got a lot on my mind this morning, but nothing I need to write about. It's been beautiful here the past day or so - although windy. It's nice enough I even went outside and sat for awhile, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin. Although I had Sheeba with me outside, it was nice to just be quiet and close my eyes and just 'be'. It really is relaxing.
Just try it. Yes, right now. Lean back in your chair, lay your head against the back. Put your hands in your lap or on the arm rests. Now close your eyes. Let your mind imagine beautiful fields, lakes, oceans.... whatever brings peace to you.... and breathe in and out. You will feel so much more refreshed if you will do this throughout the day. Be careful not to fall asleep for that can happen to!
"Try it, you will like it!"
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment