Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday praises....

Yeah, I love it when I praise God, but I love it even more when I can be specific about praising God.  Does that make sense?  I mean, He ALWAYS answers prayer, but it isn't always the way I want Him to.  Does that make me angry when He doesn't?  Of course not.  He is God, not me.  He is not to follow my will, but I am to follow His.  He is far greater than I.  Thank you, Jesus!

I do have so much to praise God for and I seem to be doing it continually, but after reading my son's blog from yesterday, I am even praising more for answered prayers that computer issues got worked out and all the things that kept coming up against this job happening - stopped.  He got to truly work on Friday.  Thank you, Jesus, for hearing prayers for him and for answering the way we asked.  You are more than worthy to be praised, to be glorified.

But not because You give us what we ask, but because of Who You are.  You alone are worthy to be thanked, to be praised. My prayer now is that acknowledgement will be made and a thank You to the One who made it all happen.   Thank you, Jesus, for answering prayers.  Not just mine, I'm sure.  I pray for great success in this new job and that burdens from the shoulders will fall.  Thank you, Jesus.

Today is Sunday and I actually woke up at 4AM, decided to stay in bed, and fell back to sleep until 5:30!  I was in a deep sleep, dreaming, when all of a sudden hubby started flipflopping on the bed and pounding on it.  Of course that woke me up.  I asked him what he was doing and all he said was 'getting up'.  So I get up - with a headache of course from waking up from a deep sleep like that (coffee does wonders on things like that!)  and came into my room to have some quiet time.

I'm not quite as rigid on Sundays for my quiet time and am always changing things around as we have been "attending" two and sometimes three worship services each Sunday since the pandemic.  Our church has opened back up, but I'm not quite ready to go back.  They are still showing the video on the screen (I know some churches do this always, but I can watch it on a screen at home), but from what I've heard - there is NO CONTACT (as there cannot be right now).  You go in, you sit apart, no greeting other than a wave (and I'm a hugger so I am truly in withdrawal - thank goodness I have family that I see occasionally and I get hugs!) and after the service, you leave the sanctuary, and go outside.  You are not to mingle, not to gather together.  That's what church is all about.  I think I heard there were 30 people there the other week.  I'm not ready for the new norm.  But we do watch the service (music and message) on screen at home.  That's the second service we watch.  Hmmm.  I am guessing Pastor Sharon is speaking today as I saw a facebook post this week that Pastor Paul and Jill are in San Carlos (I think that is where it is) out on the beach.  

The first service we watch is Free Chapel with Jentezen Franklin.  Oh yeah - time change today for the rest of the nation... or most of it....but not us.  So, if he came on at 8AM before,  I'm trying to think this through.... that should be ...hmmm, two hours difference now.  I think it will be 9AM now....no, wait.... it would be..... I hate time changes!  His services were 6AM (9AM GA time) and 8AM (11AM GA time).... ok - so it would be 7AM and 9AM here.  Whew - I have to think it through sometimes!  Occasionally I have to use the area maps on google so that I can figure out meetings in other states.  And then I always question myself.   But I love to listen to Jentezen Franklin preach so will listen/watch his services as long as I can.

Our winter speaking engagements start this month as well.  I will be working on it today and through this week as my first one is the 3rd Sunday in November.  I'm asking God to show me what He wants me to share - it's hard to believe that it's time already to start up.  I talked to both RV parks last week to see if they were having services yet, and they are.  One place doesn't know how they are going to do it yet, and the other place has one section for those who don't want to wear masks and the rest will be for those who do.  No greet, no gathering.  Go in, sit down, listen, and leave.  UGH.  That's not the way to do church!  

Yesterday my son-in-law came over and replaced gadgets in the master bath toilet cause it kept running... and it's so nice to have quiet.  Silly thing, but it annoyed me.  Got to show my daughter the new stitch I have learned to crochet and the prayer shawl I just finished making.  Working on an afghan hopefully for one of my bosses for Christmas.  My sister saw it (it's purple and white) and has already asked for it, but I told her no.  I gave her a nice throw I crochet'd last year.   She's wanting to learn so I told her where to find the video on pinterest, and she calls me without watching it so made her watch it and call me back.  I tried to walk her through it, but then her phone battery went red.  I told her to watch the video again and call me today.  I'm trying to help her through facetime.  It's really hard when it's not in person.  But, it is what it is.  I'm grateful to my friend, Lori, who taught me how to knit (I'm doing that too) and my daughter, Mary, who taught me some crochet stitches and I was able to do some baby blankets with that stitch, and now my granddaughter, Patricia, has taught me yet another stitch she learned from pinterest... and I really like how fast it goes.  I was able to get several inches completed on the afghan yesterday but have more to go.  And I can't leave out my grandson, Stevie, who does whatever I ask him to do, and more.  But being away at school, he just works when he comes home on weekends.  I do love my teacup shelves so much!  My nephew, Wayne, has also done so much.  He painted our courtyard last week and yesterday was painting the doorstep on the side door - and I hadn't even asked for that!  Also put the weather stripping at the bottom of the garage door as it had come off.  He sure loves to do handyman things.

So yes, I have lots of praises for God is taking care of us in our 'old age'.  Not that our age matters, but He is seeing that things are taken care of without us even asking for it.   Thank you, Lord.

Today is the Lord's day, and we want to praise Him with all our hearts.  I love church cause we have worship with it - it isn't just a message.  Some of the songs just take you to the throne of God, to His grace, His peace, His comfort.  I love to just sit at His feet and read about Him, write about Him, think about Him.  But, life always interrupts the peaceful moments alone and life wants attention.  LOL  

Which means I need to stop, get dressed out of my jammies, and go fix breakfast.  Maybe pancakes are on the order for today.  Something different.  Pancakes or waffles, eggs, and bacon.  Yeah, that sounds good.  And a fresh cup of coffee.  That sounds good too.  I'm about done with this cup. Church will be starting soon!

Homework for today......  sit back in your chair, and thank God for all He has given you.   Some suggestions.... Life, Health, ability to see, to hear, to think, to walk, to work, freedom to go out and come in as you pretty much please, health of your family and loved ones, a place to live, food to eat, provision, a paycheck, warmth, clothes, animals to love, and there are so much more....  Just tell Him thank You for all that has been provided you.  

He's worth thanking.  Maybe you will get in the habit of thanking Him as things happen.  Even the bad stuff, He will bring good out of it.  Friends bring jobs.  Thank Him for this friend.  Jobs bring income.  Thank Him for the provision to provide for your family.  For family, they are there to love you.  In spite of you.

Thank you, Jesus, for ALL that You are, for WHO You are, and for ALL that You provide.  You alone are worthy to be praised.

Hallelujah!  Come on, Raise a Hallelujah to the King of Kings, Lord of Lords!  Let all of heaven and earth praise His Holy Name!

Blessings to you this day!



No comments: