Monday, November 30, 2020

I screwed it up....

 I was being so careful.  I was keeping a spreadsheet of Christmas gifts.  As I ordered things, I would list them in RED.  When they arrived and were wrapped, because I was wrapping the day I got them to keep up on things, I would change the color to GREEN so that I knew I had received it, and it was wrapped.  Well, I had been doing it on my company laptop because it is what is set up on the desk.  I type this blog from my personal laptop I keep by my chair.

To print from my work computer I have to email the document to myself and then print from my iphone to my printer.  No biggie, right.  Well, I could not get the document to print correctly.  It would want to separate things into six different sheets - names on 3 and items on three.  UGH.  So as I squeezed the lines or lengthened the lines, as I separated the three families and then separated the children... or brought them all together, I lost my sense of direction.  Yes, I'm directionally challenged anyway, but, this is a bit different.  In the process of it all, after working on it for probably 1/2 hour to get it to print the way I want it to, for some unknown reason, I highlighted everything (probably to make it easier to read on paper)... and changed ALL the printing to BLACK.

Yep.  Now I don't know what is on order (although I have a pretty good idea as I'm basically done shopping).... and what I have wrapped and is under the tree.  I had two packages come in on Saturday and wrapped those last night.  I'm pretty sure I have those right.  But I think I am going to have to go under the tree and separate by family and by individual to check what I have wrapped for each one.  I don't want anyone to get more gifts than another.... and I have really cut down on my shopping this year (which is why I'm already done shopping).  But I think I have messed up with interruptions (that's my excuse) as I wrapped, and given gifts to some when it went to another.  And the fact that I may have written down something on my list and put another's name on it  = well that has happened too.  I found one grandson had two flannel shirts - and I know I only ordered one for him, so who didn't get their shirt?  And I have a few more packages to come in yet this week - but don't ask me what!

With my grandsons growing up and getting out on their own, or away at school, or just living far enough away I don't see often, I have no idea of what to buy them.  So, they suffer the consequences of that - they get flannel shirts and usually a thermal shirt and/or vest too.  I had to write and ask my granddaughter what to get her hubby.  For the past 4 years I have bought him a hoodie for Christmas - I asked her if he had enough.  LOL  She responded that he said he could still use a hoodie and maybe a button down flannel shirt.  So he is getting both from us.  

Of course I'll have salsa made for anyone who wants to take it home with them.  Hmmmm I reckon I need to check my jars - not sure how many I have left from last year.  They don't usually get returned so need to see if I need to purchase any more.  

I bought some pastry from Trader Joe's last week and it was really good - and I don't usually buy pastry.  I went online and found that I could order it and have it shipped.  As I like to send my siblings a little something (usually just a loaf of my bread - and then it cost me $15 to ship it!!) and although it costs me more to order this pastry and ship it, I went ahead and ordered it to be sent out in a couple weeks.  It's a little something, it's different, and it can be frozen if they want to save it for Christmas morning.  And I don't need to worry about baking and shipping during the month of December.  It felt good to get that off my plate.   Still need to come up with something for my hubby's brother, rather than what we usually send them.  It may change it this year - who knows.  I'm at a loss as to what to send... will see what I come up with.

Christmas has really become commercialized over the past 50 years, don't you think?  And now with the pandemic people are ordering more online (me included) than ever before.  I don't like being out in crowds so have always done my Christmas shopping early, but this year, to have it pretty much done by the end of November is a feat in itself.  And wrapped!   I love to give gifts to everyone.  It's part of my DNA.  I remember a few years back when my granddaughter, Tricia, was here with her boyfriend and I was cooking and baking, and fixed up things for them to take with them.  He was reluctant to take it... and Tricia turned to him and said "that's what my grandma does, she gives things to us because she loves us."   And yes, that's what I do.

Just like God loves us so much, that the very season we are looking forward to, Christmas, He brought forth His only Son, Jesus.  The very reason we celebrate, the birth of Jesus.  Our Savior.  Our Lord.  Our King.  The One and Only.   Coming as a baby, a birth celebrated by kings of foreign lands, following a bright star in the sky.  God's only Son.  Born for you, and for me.

Something to think about.  This is just the beginning of a life of serving, obeying, healing, providing, and being.  Jesus came as a Baby.  But a very special One.

What are you celebrating this year?  Getting material gifts - or receiving the Gift above all gifts, the Gift of our Savior, Jesus.

Blessings!


No comments: