Yesterday was a good day. We packed in the morning, then headed over for pedicures @ Tommy's Nails by the 'old' church before heading up north. Traffic wasn't bad at all.... but ten miles outside of Payson... rain and hail hit! It was so bad I couldn't see the road so pulled off for about ten minutes to let it lighten up. We continued on - running in and out of the rain for just about the rest of the way. We arrived, and the house is very nice, actually. Kind of skimpy on 'extra comfort'. For example, they have shampoo and conditioner in the showers, but no bath soap. I did find a bar of hotel soap in the cabinet, and since neither of us brought any (cause every place we have stayed at before HAD bath stuff!) we will be using the bar of soap. It definitely will cause us to bring our own things 'in case' it isn't supplied, if we should stay at an Airbnb again. At least they have a hair dryer. LOL
We did go to the Red Onion to pick up 'to go' for dinner. Hubby wanted to sit down but I begged him to let us come back. I'm doing the driving, and I'm not familiar with the area, and this place is on a gravel road that isn't too wide for a driveway. I just don't want to get lost and run off the road. So he got a chicken sandwich and I got a hamburger (and fried pickles) and we came back here to eat. We probably won't go back there.... the fried pickles I am pretty sure were only $9 and she charged $12 - and when I asked, she didn't even look at a menu to show me I was wrong, she just said it was $12 and that was it. Disappointed she didn't at least 'prove' me wrong, if you know what I mean. It ruined us going back there, as far as I am concerned. I had bought a couple muffins from an unknown bakery (which proved to be awful; I couldn't eat mine, but hubby ate his this morning) and we were to have those for breakfast this morning. I ended up eating a protein bar and will drink one of my premier protein shakes in a bit. I'm hoping he won't want to go out until about 11-ish and we can grab something to eat at another small cafe. I want to find a grocery store, but all I've seen is a 'market' and pick up lunchmeat, bread, and perhaps miracle whip and pickles. That can take care of lunch or dinner a couple days. We can make do; eating out has gotten too expensive; we ate breakfast out (which the pancakes were amazing!!) in town before leaving and that was $50-ish, then the two sandwiches, breaded pickles, and one soda last night was $45 - yeah, it is getting too expensive to eat out. In my opinion, anyway.
The beds were 'ok'.... it took me a little while to get to sleep, and then hubby woke me at 2-ish as he ran to the bathroom. Well, not 'ran'.... but shuffled really fast. Then I really couldn't go back to sleep so spent the remaining hours praying for my boy having some surgery this morning. He has been on my mind since then so he is definitely prayed over! So are the surgeons and nurses - and of course my sweet daughter-in-love! I'm sure she is a bit anxious as well. I am confident all things will go well.... and we are just waiting for the call or text that says "it's over and it went well'. Praise the Lord!
I think I have convinced hubby we are getting a dog when we get back. He doesn't want one and immediately started in about the mess, etc. But, I am not thinking a puppy, but one a few years old. I'd still like a lab, I think. No rush to get one, but I want a dog. Why? Because it will be company for either of us when we are alone. If someone tried to break in, the dog would warn us - rather warn me... hubby can't hear much of anything with his hearing aids out - and even with them in, doesn't hear well. LOL Morgan told me the other day that hubby said something to her that she wasn't talking to him.... she came back with 'you can't hear me so why talk?' - she didn't mean that in a mean way; but he takes his hearing aids out when he works out for the sweat corrodes the battery. I had bought him aids to help with hearing her, but he doesn't like them, she said. It brings in all the noise and not just her talking. So he doesn't wear those either. He just can't hear. It's just the way it is.
My head has been hurting for awhile and when I got up I had an ocular migraine going on. Sure wish I knew what caused those and what could cure them! I always have pain right between the eyes. I wonder if they can CT scan that area to see if something is going on.... maybe I'll ask Dr. Mark about that when I go back in September.
We have the door opened here and the air is crisp and cool. Hubby went out for a short while this morning but came back in... his feet were cold. (Dude, don't go out barefooted!!) (I have my socks on; I don't 'do' cold). There is a slight breeze too. They have a wrap around porch on two sides - which is nice. Hope to sit outside when it gets a little warmer. Not sure what the temp is here.... ah - it says 62 degrees.... do you remember what that is like? There are a few clouds, but the sky is blue thus far. I heard it is to rain all week. And that's ok. If I can pick up some food at a market, we won't need to go out much.
Elevation Worship and Chandler Moore have a song out called "God, I'm Just Grateful" and I have had that song coming through my mind this morning. How can we not be grateful to such an awesome God?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNKm_fOS064
Not sure if that will take you to it but the words are amazing. God, I'm just grateful for You! Who am I that you would keep me on Your mind? God, I'm just grateful for you! Such an amazing song, and I hope you find it on You Tube and listen to it.
And.... I'm going to stop here and head to the shower this morning. Hope that you have an amazing day. Pray for my boy when you think of it.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment