As hubby had his meeting with his friend last night, I was alone. I had debated on doing some errands, then didn't want to. Watch a chick flick? Naw, didn't want to do that either. I finally put on a DVD of The Chosen and watched part of season 3. We never have watched it all the way through so I've been trying to on my DVD player. We have never figured out how to set up the TV with the DVD player so I had bought a separate one some time ago. We still have so many DVDs that I've stored out in the garage; hopefully the heat has not melted them out there! Anyway - I have through Season 5 of the Chosen, still waiting for Season 6 to come out. Yes, a lot of it is fiction, but although I resisted for quite some time to even watching it (because it WAS fiction in the story, although parts of the Bible)... my sister raved about it all the time, and you know how that is an annoyance for me at times. So I refused to watch it. We've watched several of the episodes, but never all the way through. Hubby generally does not want to watch because, well, he just doesn't, who knows the real reason. Anyway, I decided some time ago to watch all the seasons in order. (We both watched Season 5 at the show when it first came out). I'm on Season 3, and I think I am at the end of that disc. I generally watch them when hubby is gone on Tuesday nights, unless I have something else I need to do. Otherwise, like last night, I put the disc in the DVD player, and grab my crochet. And it was a good evening.
I have another 8a training this morning. Morgan could only do mornings this week as her husband works days this week 7a-7p and well, I don't know all the reasons. None of my business, but she was able to get hubby and I both in twice, and she said that some of her clients she could only get in once. But she considers us 'nearly family'. Yesterday we did chest; today I have a HIIT in front of me. At 8a. Not sure this body is up to that, but I will give it my best shot. The relaxation I had last week is quickly fading. My BP shot back up this morning - actually higher than it's been since before vacation. I've got to work on getting it back down; I do not want to be prescribed medication. I take three medications and I do all I can to keep from getting others. Unfortunately, between work and hubby, I don't know if I can keep the BP down, but why punish me because they both are stressful? Right?
Yesterday wasn't a bad day. I did get the last set of minutes completed that I needed to do. I think today I will work on the decks so that when the prep for the board meetings come, they will be all set. Sue is down to less than two weeks before retirement. I really am happy for her; a bit envious, but that's ok. I got the sweetest note from her yesterday in a thank you for the retirement gift I gave her. We still plan to meet occasionally, and she already has told me to submit PTO for the first Friday in December - we have gone to the Christmas Ideas House for about 10 years now, I'd guess, if not longer. She always buys our tickets, which are quite expensive to me. But we meet up and have brunch together, then shop through the house. Always a joy to be with her. I guess as long as I feel I can drive to Mesa and meet up, we will still go together.
The disc I watched last night on The Chosen - part of it was about Eden, Peter's wife (yes, in the Bible it doesn't talk about her) and she miscarried their baby while Peter was out in the 'two being sent out to preach the gospel) and when Eden finally told him, Peter was furious with Jesus, saying He could have prevented it, after all, Peter was in that 'inner circle' and wasn't there, why didn't Jesus heal Eden that caused this, why why why? And Peter was angry. Then the scene went to the feeding of the 5,000 + and Peter was 'rude'; after they brought the 12 full baskets of fish and bread back, he literally threw his down and walked away. Peter got a boat so the disciples could go across the sea while Jesus went up the mountain to pray.
And the storm came. The disciples were doing all they could to stay afloat, and then they thought they saw a ghost walking across the water! You remember the story, I'm sure. When Jesus got closer, Peter called out, "Jesus, if it is You, tell me to come to You!" Well, he used a lot more words in the movie. Jesus, of course, told Peter to come to him. The other disciples were telling Peter not to do it, afraid he would drown in the storm. But Peter got out of the boat and started to walk towards Jesus.... and as we all know the story, Peter took his eyes off Jesus and fell into the water.
Jesus reached out his hand and rescued Peter, and Peter clung to Jesus and just cried and I can't remember all that he said in the movie, but it was over and over - something like 'don't leave me' or something like that. I think I want to go back and watch that part again. Why? Because that is us, many times.
We have our eyes on Jesus and then something distracts us.... and we fall into the water. As we flounder about, Jesus has His hand out, reaching for us. Can you picture it? Will you grab Jesus' hand and let Him pull you out of the water that threatens to drown you?
And then Jesus speaks "Peace! Be still!" and the water calms and the boat is now still. And Peter is still clinging to Jesus, repeating words over and over again. Broken. So hurt by life. So much like us at times. (Matthew 14:31 "And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?")
Where is our faith when we are hurting, when things don't go the way that we think they should? Where is our faith when we think we have faith enough to believe... and what we just knew Jesus would do - He doesn't? All we can say in those moments is "Increase my faith, O Lord. Help me to believe."
I've shared in the past when I thought my faith was strong and I believed that Jesus would take care of the situation I was praying about. But sometimes, that isn't in His Plan. It does leave us broken, unsure of what we do believe. But this is what I will tell you. Even with what faith you have, pray for increase in faith. Keep your eyes on Jesus, no matter what. Hardship may come. Pain may come. Sickness and disease may come. But Keep your eyes on Jesus, for He is the Author and Perfector of your faith. Jesus is our All in All. Without Him, we have nothing. Cling to Him. Reach for Him. Hang on for dear life - no matter what comes against you. Jesus is always there, and He is always for you. He walks every journey in this life with you. You are never alone.
And for that I am grateful. Life is hard at times. Some of us don't have the 'easy' life others have had. We were all brought up differently. Pain exists. But Joy comes in the morning.
Praise Jesus! He is the only way. Who are you reaching a hand out to? With your other hand, reach up for Jesus.
Have a blessed day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment