Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Can I leave again?

 Work yesterday wasn't too bad; I think I have one meeting left to create.  My boss, Sue, and I chatted some. I got caught up on emails.  I visited Ms. Vicky last night. And I'm tired.  All my get up and go I gained from resting, has run away.  Sigh.  

Can anyone tell me why once again I was awake at 1:40a and then only tossed and turned until I finally arose at 4:30a?  I should have gotten up.  But I kept hoping I'd fall asleep.  Different thoughts, and a song, kept coming to my mind.  Never mind about my thoughts; God and I talked about those.... but the song?  Another Forrest Frank song.  His songs are so catchy I find myself running different verses through my mind all throughout the day.  This song?  Your Way's Better.  It has a verse that goes "Your way's better, Jesus, Your way's better!"  And that verse keeps running through my head.  I'm guessing I need to remember that!

https://youtu.be/T1LRsp8qBY0?si=mCt7Vs_MJkIc3Tah

I hope that takes you to it.  I love this song - and many of the songs that Forrest Frank has put out there. I think I've shared that before.  Still true.  

I have an 8a training with Morgan this morning; hubby goes at 8:30a.  Haven't worked out since last Tuesday so I'm guessing that this body is going to resist some.  I have done some push ups, some squats and a few other exercises, but it's not the same.  Need to do more every day to keep my body strong and moving.

Need to straighten things up in here and throughout the house this morning as well.  Our house cleaners are coming today at noon, I think it is scheduled.  I still have gifts and books on the bed in here, not that they do anything with the bed.  Need to make sure everything is up off the floor though so that it can done. Dusting in here? Not much; I have clutter everywhere on the tables.  He does straighten up my table by my chair. But then there is the bathroom I need to clean off, the couch (where all my yarn is), and then the kitchen.  Hubby takes care of his office and his bathroom.  The rest is my responsibility, I guess. Oh well, at least the house smells good afterwards and its clean.

Hubby let me know last night that he doesn't want to lead a life group (that I think I've mentioned previously) because he doesn't want to miss out on our current life group. And I get it. I just want to get back in teaching a class.  I have been toying with getting 4-6 women to meet here on Tuesday evenings (since it's my 'free' night) and do a class.  I mentioned that to hubby so of course he jumped on it that 'Yeah, you should do that!'  That's why I don't share my thoughts with him very often. Well, one of the reasons.  If I mention I want to do it, and he's ok with it, he will 'nag' at me to do it, and then I don't want to do it because he is telling me to do it, even though I wanted to do it in the first place!  Did you follow that line of thinking?  I do like my Tuesday evenings alone.... but I also long to teach a class because it forces me to dive deep into the Word and study, which I have gotten very lazy in (in my opinion) over the past years.  I just feel so isolated and I do want to make new friends.  I long to have someone I can go walking with, go to the gym with, and share with.  I think we all need at least one person we can open up and share our innermost thoughts and give them permission to speak into us.  Hubby has his friend on Tuesday night and this men's group on Friday mornings.  I have Sue, and we will still talk, but it just won't be as often.  I have friends at work, but none that I can really share with, if you know what I mean.  And I'm rambling about this, so I'll hush.  Work just keeps interfering with my life.  But I know that there are some women out there who are also like me, who want to do a short bible study and have women friends and are willing to meet for a couple hours on a Tuesday evening.  I've always shied away from doing just women, but maybe God is moving me in that direction at this time.  We have a women's ministry at church so that is not in my thinking.  I just want to have women who will walk life with me.  Does that make sense?  I think there are women out there who also long for companionship to walk through life. Perhaps they also have to work, kids are grown and gone, and they want to find themselves again.  I'm there, and I'm sure others are too.  Something to pray about, anyway.

And, this will be short today cause it is nearly 7a and I need to get dressed and out the door at 7:30a to head to the gym. Lucky me, in with all the morning traffic.  I've got to get my life straightened out!  

Have an amazing day - be kind to someone; you don't know what they are going through.

Blessings!

No comments: