Friday, August 14, 2026

And it is now Day Three of vacation....

 What did we do on day two?  We did go out for an early lunch at the restaurant, and decided to pick up a couple chef salads to go to have for dinner last night.  For some reason, the 'girl' didn't hear correctly.  After we had placed the 'to go' order for the chef salads, she came by and asked "dinner salads size"? and I said yes, thinking it would be a good size.  And it was... only it was just a garden salad!  There was a lot of lettuce, some tomatoes and onions and cucumbers and croutons... but only one small container of dressing. Hubby got ranch, I asked for french, and got ranch.  So we did eat most of the salad, but disappointed it wasn't a CHEF salad... so saved some and we will hit the store today sometime and will pick up a bottle of dressing and some lunchmeat and bread... and who knows what else.  We're here until Sunday so can eat a lot of snacks. Just saying.  I should have packed some things from home, but did not - my bad!  Live and learn, right?

Not sure what was going on this morning... I got up about 4:30a as usual and hubby was still asleep.  He got up about 5:30a and was in the bathroom; I'm sitting here on the couch reading my bible, when the alarm goes off with three loud beeps.  Startled, I get up and start looking around, and seeing nothing. It wasn't a door alarm (I don't think), but more like the smoke alarm - but then, no one was cooking; I had only made coffee, and it isn't anywhere near the smoke alarm.  It only did it three loud beeps and then stopped. Have no clue what that was about.

We sat outside on the covered porch for a long while yesterday afternoon; hubby said we were out there over three hours.  I crochet'd and he just sat.  We looked at the clouds coming in, turn dark gray, then moved on. We never did get more rain. At least not here. We have a beautiful view from the porch and it is so relaxing to just sit out there and be quiet.  Yes, we did talk some as well.  In fact, hubby surprised me - a lot - that he was willing to move if we could find a small place with a fenced in back yard and .... named some of the things that I've always said I'd love to have again.  No HOA.  Just something that we could do whatever we wanted to with.  He doesn't think it will ever be possible, but I reminded him that it could be possible at some point.  It was interesting our discussion. Not that I expect it to happen anytime - or even anytime soon.  I've read where it is better for retired people to rent a home versus own one.  Moving is always a dread.  But, on a positive note, we generally get rid of a lot of things!

From what I've heard, my son's (non) surgery went well and I'm grateful to God for answered prayers for him. He may not have thought it was serious but anytime there is invasion of the body, it is serious.  He should get to go home today.  Thank you, Jesus!

Today is our 44th wedding anniversary.  Hubby gave me a very nice card as this trip is our anniversary gift.  I rarely buy a card, but gave him the book A Call to Die by David Nasser - yes, the very one that I am going through a second time.  I told him it was 'deep' but he could work his way through it. I don't know that he will find it as intriguing as I do, but nevertheless, he now has his own copy.  I have purchased several copies to pass out to those I think might find it interesting. It is somewhat 'deep', but it also makes you really think about things - and life.  In one of his other books that I have read, he told the story of a young belligerent man who got the book and never told a soul that he was reading it.... had actually thrown it in the backseat of his car... but eventually picked it up and started reading it - and started changing as he went through the book, turning his life around as he accepted Jesus as Lord.  

Today not much is on the agenda but I have a feeling we will be going out for breakfast.  We had a delicious bowl of chili for lunch yesterday at this Three Bears restaurant...(and where we ordered the salads)... and I saw they had biscuits and gravy.....sausage gravy.... so we may go back this morning for breakfast.... hubby's first words when he walked in here was about how hungry he was.  Salads don't usually fill him up and we only ate about 1/2 of it. I'm not hungry - yet, but it won't take long, I'm sure. Still need to go to the store, and need to get gas too as I'm down to nearly a quarter tank.

Luke 17:11-17 tells the story of ten lepers coming to Jesus and asking Him to heal them.  He tells them to "Go, show yourselves to the priest", and as they went on their way, they were healed.  But only one, who saw that he was healed, ran back to praise and thank Jesus for healing him.  Only one was grateful. Only one returned to give Jesus praise.  

Of those ten lepers who asked Jesus for healing, which one would you be?  Would you be the nine who continued on their way to see the priest and then be reunited with their families and friends..... or would you be the one who returned and bowed before Jesus in humble gratitude for His healing, before you saw the priest, before you went home to your family, before you began to live life again?  Which one would you be?  I hope that I would be the one who returned to thank Jesus.  

Who is worthy to be praised?  Only Jesus.  Who is the high priest in the order of Melchizedek? Only Jesus.  Who gets your praise - whether things go your way or not - who gets your praise?

I've loved these quiet mornings; especially before hubby gets up (we are in the same room to read/pray/write, etc.) and I am alone.  Jesus and I had a good chat this morning before I started my reading. And without having to jump on the work computer (which I totally do not miss), I was able to read several chapters (in the book of Hebrews right now) and read some of the study notes along with it.  Did you know.... naw, you can just read it yourself. LOL

And with that, I'm going to hush and get back to my reading. I'm sure it sounds like we are having a boring time, but if you know me, you know I treasure the quiet and time available just for Jesus ... to sit at His feet and worship.  To rest in His Presence.  Until you have felt that, you have no idea what I'm sharing.  There is nothing like resting at Jesus' feet.  This is why I want to get away so much; I love the time to just 'be' with Jesus. He accepts me just as I am. And He loves me.

And He loves you too.  Take great joy in that.

Have a marvelous day - pause to give thanks in all things....

Blessings!

 

No comments: