Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Day one - vacation day!

 We stayed up a little later last night watching movies... why? Cause I'm on vacation!  But, as usual, my mind woke up about 4:30a as usual.  I wanted to go back to sleep, but knew I couldn't, so finally got up and came in here.  Snuggled down in my chair, but I was always listening for hubby to get up, and sure enough, it wasn't long before I heard him shuffling down the hall.  He got the recycle out (I always put it behind my car the night before so he can push it down to the curb that next morning) and then brought me my coffee.  I've done my reading, praying, and checking emails... and here I am.  Maybe I'll take time while I'm on vacation to go through those emails and 'unsubscribe' to as many as I can.  I get so much junk emails that I never open, but they appear because I looked at something - or ordered something - and they won't leave me alone!  Does that happen to you as well?  

As I read my bible and my book, I placed in another area so that I don't forget them when I finish packing. I did get my clothes pretty much packed yesterday.  Jeans and t-shirts will be my attire as I don't plan for us to go out to eat.  But what can we do 'special' on our anniversary?  I see there are a couple restaurants nearby so maybe I should take a dress?  I need to see what groceries to take; yes, I said I wasn't going to 'cook', but I can't eat out every meal.... hubby isn't satisfied with a danish; he wants eggs and bacon and toast and potatoes..... and danish are not good for us anyway.  Sigh.  Will take a couple things to get us by should a grocery not be nearby. We aren't in the usual area we have gone to in the past with a nice cabin and one restaurant.  I was looking at the airbnb yesterday and it is among other houses and as mentioned above, looks like it has a couple restaurants not far... Lord knows we could skip a couple meals...  but, we will probably eat breakfast late morning, then scoot through lunch, have an early dinner.  We do that here frequently. And yes, I'm rambling.  Are you still reading? LOL

Gasp!  It's 7:04a and I don't have the work computer on!  You know what?  It's a nice feeling not to have to face that for three work days.  I hope to totally relax.  But, just for the record for yesterday, I did get one set of board minutes completed - AND - got the deck set up for the next meeting (which will be in December).  I have one other set of minutes to do at this time, and I need to double check the deck for the upcoming board meeting on September 10 for another board.  But, that will be when I get back. I think I have those minutes done; just need to get the deck set up for people to drop their slides in.  The prep is when I get back.  We have a town hall on the 19th, but I'm just back-up for that and no minutes.  I love the mornings I can just sit in here and be quiet, and do whatever I want to.

My oldest son has outpatient surgery tomorrow morning.  I'm not anxious about it for I have put him in God's hands.  Actually, I did that many, many years ago when I dedicated him to the Lord as an infant.  But I have also placed him in God's hands many, many times since then.  Not to say I am not 'concerned' about his welfare, but there is nothing I can do and God is the great Jehovah Rapha (or Jehovah Rophe), the great Healer, and I will give Him the glory for all.  But I wish I could be there.  I feel guilty for going on vacation, even with him telling me to go.  I am praying also for my daughter-in-love, for she will also need strength to get through this.  I hope someone will be there with her during surgery.  I will definitely be praying tomorrow morning, (and before then) and waiting to hear news it was successful. All praise will be the Lord's.  I can only be an instrument in His hands to pray.  I am already even praying for the doctors, that they get a good night's sleep and are well rested and alert during the surgery tomorrow.  

On our way out of town today we will be stopping to get pedicures; that's my anniversary gift from hubby.  My fingernails are finally strong again so I don't want them touching my nails!  My toes though, can use the extra care.  And I refuse, as mentioned before, to cut hubby's toenails.  I'm more than willing to pay for him a pedicure (and he has his preferences on where to go!) so that I don't have to!  Men, if you have never had a pedicure, you don't know what you are missing!  It does feel sooooo good!  Hubby likes manicures too, but we aren't getting them today.  

I'm thinking we may go to Denny's for breakfast - I get a free 'slam' for my birthday.... that would take care of paying for my meal and hubby can get what he wants.  I'm not a big breakfast person; I prefer lunches (or dinners) where I can get a good salad, although I sometimes will order something different.  I know at Black Bear I love their cheeseburger salads - I kid you not - it tastes just like a cheeseburger!! And it's not on the menu any longer so you have to ask for it.  I'm getting hungry... is that why I am thinking about food?  LOL  I did just drink a shake for dinner last night since hubby was gone.  And it was early evening, so yeah, I may just be getting hungry.

I do play on our way back to swing by White Castle; I have to; it's too close to our drive to NOT stop.  I will get one case for us.... wonder if any of the others want any.... they would have to let me know.

The youngest son headed up north yesterday to celebrate a great-grandson's birthday and will be coming back today, I think he said.  I can't keep up on the years anymore the for the little ones; I do good to remember the dates!  Why is that? The grandchildren I did good with - for awhile.  Now I do good the remember the date itself.  Age? Unless I put the year down on the calendar, I never can remember. They are always young to me.  

Matthew 18:19-20 (AMP):  Again I say to you, that if two believers on earth agree (that is, are of one mind, in harmony) about anything that they ask (within the will of God), it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in My name (meeting together as My followers), I am there among them.

I have found that at times, if I read another version of the Bible, it makes what I'm reading more clear. That's why I like the study bibles; I get that person's opinion of what a scripture means, and yet, I can form my own opinion of what it means.  It sheds light on the verse.  Does that make sense?  I have some friends who refuse to use a study bible because they think it is wrong to get someone else's opinion about what the scripture means.  And I respect that.  Unfortunately, my mind doesn't work that way.  I was never taught to meditate on scripture and seek to know what it means.  I mean, I have learned to do that sense I because a Christian, but in all honesty, I don't feel I have the time to devote to just studying and meditating on a verse or two.  Maybe it is I just don't take the time, but if I am confused about what a scripture could possibly mean, or it doesn't make sense, sometimes the study bible in another version will make it more clear. Does that make sense?  I have read through several versions of the Bible.  NASB, KJV, NKJV, NIV, TLB, NLT, ESV (which I'm reading now)... over the years I have read through each one.  The one I haven't - yet - but want to, is my dad's Bible.  It's a Teacher's Bible.  I want to take it to a binding company and have them rebind it for me.  After all, it is over 60 years old, I think.  That's my goal to read for 2027.  I'm going to get it re-bound and I won't need to worry about the cover falling apart.  You can't find this Bible anymore, so I'm reluctant to let it out of my possession, even to rebind it.  But I need to, so that it can be read for years to come.

The key to the above scripture, I feel, is not that two believers (or more) pray in agreement for what we feel is the will of God, and many times it is.  But... what if God wants to use whatever situation to bring others to Him?  I know I am not saying it right; sometimes character comes out during these times we seek God.  Do we really believe He will do what we ask?  What is in our life going on that perhaps God will not hear our prayer?  Look at this scripture....

I Peter 3:7 (NIV):  Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Peter calls out the husbands as the spiritual leaders of their homes.  And he is quite blunt about it!  If you do not treat your wife with respect, do not expect God to listen to your prayers.  If you do not speak gently to your wife, your prayers will hit the ceiling, if they even go that far.  They will just be words.  Many husbands overlook this scripture.  They believe they are a Christian, after all, they do go to church, yes?  But they belittle their wives and expect God to hear their prayers when they pray. Well, Peter says that isn't happening.  

And, I imagine, the same is true of the wives. I can't call out one from the other.  Am I always respectful of my spouse? No. I confess that.  It doesn't matter what he has done to me, or said to me, or to anything affecting me, I can not use that as an excuse for my own behavior.  I am called to forgive whatever the offense is (even without an apology.  Most men (I said MOST) don't even realize what they are doing! I am responsible for my own salvation; I must be right with God; it doesn't depend on my spouse, my children, or even my pastor.  

I want God to hear my prayers, therefore, I must confess all before Him, ask for His help to change, and I confess that I have to do that frequently; sigh....  but I want God to hear my prayers, and even more than that, I want Him to answer.  Lord Jesus, help me become the woman You created me to be.  Help me not to focus on the past pain, but to seek Your face and let the rest go.

Letting go.  That is sometimes the hard part, isn't it?  We have no need to hold our pain tightly in our hand, when we can let it go and let God bring the healing we need.  What are you holding on to that you can't let go of?  Anger?  Bitterness?  Yeah, I've had to fight my way through those for a few years. (yes, years).  Sometimes the answer is 'right there', but God can't give it to us because we aren't asking with the right heart.  Maybe we need to just sit back and think about what we are holding on to.  Offended? Get over it.  Look what Jesus did for you!  

And, since I can keep going on and on about this.... I am going to hush and get ready to go out for breakfast (some people may go in their jammies, but I'm not one of them), take a shower, finish packing... and prepare my heart and mind to enjoy this time away from work (may even get to have some 'good' painful discussions while we are gone) and home.

Have an amazingly Blessed day!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

FYI, it is inpatient, as I am staying overnight for observation. It's not that big of a procedure - not even a surgery! It is listed as a radiology procedure. make a channel, put in a splent, check pressure, observe overnight. That's why I said go on your vacation! It's almost like going to get a paracentesis every week.