Saturday, October 11, 2025

I can't believe I nearly forgot!

 To write in here, is what I am referring to.  Not that missing a day or two would be a bad thing. I did my reading and praying this morning - and decided to jump in the shower while hubby was still home.  After I got out, he headed over to the church for the men's breakfast this morning. Instead of sitting down here at the desk or grabbing a book to read, I got busy doing a couple things I wanted to get done.  And, I have a couple hours of silence, and I almost don't know what to do with myself.

Our electronic calendar.  Sigh.  The SIL came over yesterday morning and put it up on the wall for us and put it right where I thought hubby would be happy with it.  It was in HIS room.  You know it's all about control.  But then.... when hubby came home.... he can suck the joy of anything out of you.  I was so excited about the calendar being up, and ready to show hubby how to input his own information (at least to start with).  Sigh.  Know what he was upset about?  

He liked the calendar. But heaven forbid, I took down a golf picture that had been hanging on the wall in HIS room to put the calendar up.  Yep. That was what I got in trouble for.  Some time when hubby isn't home, the SIL will come over and move it to another location. I was going to do it myself this morning, but the SIL asked that I not do it so that he can level it and get it in the wall securely. 

Heaven forbid I put ANYTHING on the wall in hubby's room that should be a change for him.  I told him that he can suck the joy out of doing things - and of course he apologized and said it could stay there - "I'll just put the picture in my closet, there is room in there."  Geez.  He's had those golf pictures for 30 years and I am personally tired of them. He hasn't played golf in at least 20 years!  And they are pictures of golf courses!

Went to the VFW last night and had soup with my oldest son.  These Friday nights that we meet him for 'dinner' are special.  Last night we got a surprise when the youngest son and his wife showed up for soup as well.  It was good to see them and visit a bit.  I don't think my oldest son was feeling real well as he had some medical stuff done the day before and he was a bit weary.  The loaded baked potato soup that my grandson made sure was good though, as well as the Pozole I ate.  Missed having the cabbage and radishes, etc to put in the pozole, but it was still good.  To make a little extra money - we ought to suggest to the Riders to have SMALL plastic containers that if someone wanted to take soup home with them (about 2 cups worth) it would be $5.  That may or may not fly, but I would have purchased a couple bowls of soup to bring home and have for today.

Today it is raining and I am loving it.  I am thinking that after I finish this I may go do some baking.  It's still early to put in the freezer for Christmas, but I'm sure I can give it away before then.  Or eat it.  I'm getting real good at eating my bread.  And, of course, hubby informs me he really likes the peach muffins with his coffee in the mornings.  I do notice that he has never bothered to ask me if I'd like a muffin with my coffee in the mornings....just saying.  But then, I'd say no for a couple of reasons.  1) I'd have to make more because they would be gone faster, and 2) I'd have to make more because they would be gone faster.  LOL And, of course it is bread.... but so good.  I think I may try strawberry muffins this time, instead of strawberry bread.  I wonder.... stay tuned on that.

I need to figure out what to make for dinner and get meat out of the freezer.  I'm leaning towards either chicken chili soup or taco soup.  But which one, I'm not sure.  Soup is always good on a cool rainy day like this one.  And then we eat it for the next 2-3 or 4 meals and I don't have to figure out anything else. Works for me.    I see a lemon on the courtyard that has fallen from the lemon tree! They usually aren't ripe until November-December I think, but this one is definitely yellow so will go pick it up and put in the refrig.  I brought one in the other day I found as well.  They aren't left over from last year for I picked that tree clean.

I know, I'm just rambling this morning.  My mind is all over the place - which often happens when I get time by myself.  It's limited time and I always want to get a lot of things done before hubby gets back home.  I was commenting to God this morning how I would love two-three days away from here - alone (like at the hermitage) where I could just have my bible and a journal to write in; nothing else.  I have so much to pray about, and I do pray about those things, but some things need fasting to go along with it. And hubby is afraid I will die of starvation if I miss more than one meal.  Sigh.  Trust me, I have enough fat on me that I could fast a week or more and maybe only lose 5 pounds.  (but some good news, I measured my waist this morning - and it was 4" smaller than it was a year ago!  Now THAT surprised me, and made me happy.  It's the little things.  Maybe those core exercises ARE working. LOL If so, I need to do a lot more!  Which reminds me, my training appointment on Monday is at 7AM!  Upper body though and I am thinking it may be back work as I've did shoulders last week and biceps/triceps two weeks before that.  I've got my workouts figured out - one week is upper body and HIIT, the next week is legs and core.  I never know exactly what exercises I will be doing, but just know the general area that will be affected. :-)  

And, since I'm rambling (still) I am going to shut up and get in the kitchen to figure out what I want to bake.  Rainy cool weather is perfect for baking.  I could put the soup in the crock pot and let it heat up for whenever.  Hubby won't be hungry for awhile with going for breakfast at the church.   Maybe I can find a new recipe to try that I have all the ingredients for... won't know until I start it, right?  Hmmm maybe I'll do a pork roast with jam marinade.  Yeah - I think I will do that.  So - with that - I'm off here.

Hope you have an amazing day!

Blessings!

No comments: