or 'sorta plans' for this morning. Yesterday I got a phone call from an unknown number. I debated, but decided to answer it - and it was the mall in Apache Junction where I lost my glasses. The glasses have been found. We are sure they are mine for she took three photos - front, side, and from the top - so that I could make sure they were mine. And they are. Ironically, I haven't missed them at all this week. What does that tell me? Anyway, we are going to do a road trip down to Apache Junction today to the mall to pick up the glasses. We went back and forth on who was driving - and I've reached the point I just don't care. If it is my time to 'go', it is my time to go, it doesn't matter where I am or who is driving. I had thoughts of crocheting on the trip. But, I am the one with the direction screen and I have a full tank of gas, so I am doing the driving today. It won't be bad, just a little over an hour away. Surprisingly, less than Tucson! And I'd much rather go to Tucson! So that is the plan about 9 or 10AM this morning. I told hubby that we can drive down and grab lunch there and head back, but I think instead we will eat breakfast here, then head over. Maybe grab a shake or a drink and then head back after I pick up my glasses. I had made no-bake cookies last night to take down, but they didn't quite harden enough and they taste full of sugar. It's been awhile since I have made or eaten any - forgot how much sugar is in them. Not sure if I'll take them down or not. May pick up something elsewhere as a thank you. Maybe Coco's for breakfast and pick up a pie. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
I survived another work day yesterday and all it's issues. At one point I got a good laugh. The president of our division included me on an email to two other outside people and said he wanted a meeting and was including me because I supported two other people he wanted in on the meeting. I do not support these people - not even him! - and yet he singled me out. LOL I've known him for about 6 years and he is a good man and I know he just pulled my name out of a hat because he knows me. He knew I'd get the job done, and he was right. I did contact the people and got the meeting scheduled. Luckily I can see the calendars of the two people from our company he wanted added. I guess that goes along with my boss's comment that others pass on work to me because I'm competent and they know they can depend on me to get it done. :-) Is that a good thing?
Hubby and I are having a debate about churches again. I know, it comes up ever so often. And yes, the women's thing is today and I'm not going. No one has even inquired if I was - or wasn't. I'm invisible, I guess. I'm not in the clique. I've tried to get involved. Enough of that. Anyway, the debate about churches came up because the bible study hubby goes to on Friday mornings, he says he feel 'out of the loop' sometimes because all of them (about 5-6 others) attend our former church. We've known these men and their families forever, it seems, as we attended that church about 30 years. They talk about things going on in the church and he feels left out. But, it is quite a distance to drive now, even if we wanted to go back there. I like close. In fact, hubby 'found' a church nearby he wants to try... until I reminded him that the neighbor across the way goes there and he can't stand her. He thinks she is a busybody and although she is on the board, she is always asking they change the meetings for her benefit and talk about nosey! I am nosey, I admit it, but I do not walk around people's courtyards or go in to their garages. (when we were having trouble with our garage door, it had come open and she told me she went in to our garage and walked around, looking for the down switch. Now think about it - it wouldn't have worked for her as by the time she headed out the door it would go back up) It made me uncomfortable that she even came in to our garage. But this week she reported she went into a neighbor's courtyard because she knew they were still out of town and wanted to see if everything was ok. Ok - there was a leak in the courtyard, but still. Every morning she is walking around every house in our hoa and making notes on who has weeds that need to be pulled that are their responsibility and other things. She is annoying. He is rethinking that thought of going to the same church. LOL
I went to lunch one time with her right after she moved in. I think I wrote about it. Remember the retreat I had to do in Tucson a year or so ago and I was stressing about it? My fault, I had mentioned it to her as we talked - and she had started telling me what to do. I shut down on that. Haven't asked her to lunch since. I don't like people telling me what to do. Friends are to listen and offer advice if asked. Not offer to take it over! Offer suggestions; don't tell how to do it! Anyway, we wave and chat, but have not become good friends like I would have wanted.
Haven't seen much of our new neighbors. I'm glad they are moved in, and we have met them and have chatted with them, and they are very friendly when we see them outside. But I'm also glad they aren't running over here and being overly friendly. I like my space. A lot. In fact, I need to get back in to seeing Ms. Diane and Ms. Vicky more. They both comment when I do get over to see them that it has been forever. Ms. Vicky will text or call me to see if I'm ok, and come over when I want to. Guilt trips? Somewhat, but some times I just don't want to. And that's ok. Maybe I can get over to see both this weekend. I'm trying to remember to mark it on my calendar so I know how long it's been. I do need to go more often than every six weeks or so. Ms. Diane I used to go see every week and I have gotten so lazy. It's been two weeks I think already since I visited her.
Hebrews 12:1-2 (NKJV): Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the of throne of God.
Have you ever thought about who those witnesses of our life are, while we 'run' this race of life on a daily basis? It's not only the people around us who are observing if we are who we say we are (Christian versus non-Christian; let's use that). We are being witnessed by those who have gone before us. My dad and mom, because I want to believe they are in heaven, are watching me. My friends who have passed, because I want to believe they 'ran the race well' and are in heaven, they are watching me. My spouse is watching me. My friends are watching me. My children, my grandchildren, and now even my great-grandchildren, all watch how I respond to different things. And your people watch you. It's kind of scary at times, isn't it? You know how often I fall on my face and fail .... I share that. But do you also know that we have a forgiving heavenly Father who loves us so much, that when we come to Him and ask forgiveness, He willingly extends forgiveness to us?
Yeah, we have to ask for it. And can you picture the devil trying to get in God's face telling Him how bad we are.... and Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer, steps in and says "hold up, Satan! I went to the cross for this person and I am their Advocate before My Father. They have asked for forgiveness, and it has been extended to them. You lose again, Satan!" Don't you just love to tell Satan to go back from where he came?! We are forgiven, because of what Jesus did for us in our place.
Jesus went to the cross and suffered and died, for you and for me. I doubt if any of our 'friends' would do that. Because of Jesus's suffering, His death, His resurrection, we can live forever with Him who sits on the throne. Hallelujah! I don't know about you, but I am grateful there is One who loves me so much that He died for me. He rose again on the third day, and sits now at the right hand of our Heavenly Father. This I know, for the Bible tells me so. And if God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment