I'm sure I've shared in the past about disappointment in purchases from Facebook. Now I have received some good things I've ordered from Facebook, but this last order was a disappointment. Remember I mentioned the other day I finally received my workout t-shirts with the funny sayings on them? The one I gave hubby fit him fine. I decided to try on my t-shirt last night. I think my size large is a size small in China. sigh. I barely got it over my head; the material had no give whatsoever, and it fit like a second skin. I do not wear my clothes that tight. Disappointed, I tried to pull it back over my head and it was really tough. Like I said, no give on the material. Debating on what to do. I think I threw away the packaging it came in - not sure if I will try to send them back or see if my trainer can wear them - I think they may fit her as she is about a size 8 I think. I've thought about cutting from the neck in the front about 3-4 inches and then sew it into a 'V' shape so that I can get it over my head. But it still fits more tightly than I like to wear them. Sigh. Another reason why I need to quit ordering from Facebook. At least with Amazon I can easily return items. I may check out Amazon later and see what they have in workout shirts for women. I usually wear long and baggy t-shirts. Until I get rid of some of these 'rolls', I don't need to have anything tighter. Work in progress.
I had a wonderful lunch with my oldest son yesterday. I think it is one of our best ones (although every time I'm with him is a good one). We talked about a wide range of things and people, and enjoyed our salads. Shockingly, I could not finish mine. Brings back to memory several years ago when hubby and I had gone to an IHOP to eat and I got salad - and they brought it in a large bowl. Now I love salads. I ate the entire bowl of salad. What makes it memorable is that when the waitress came to pick up the dishes, she goes "wow. No one has eaten the entire salad before!" Made me feel like a stuffed pig....but the salad WAS good. I don't care what they say; I'm paying for it and if I want to eat it all, I will. Don't comment on food that wasn't wasted or thrown away - right? Thank you for the great company and the great lunch, son!
I did enjoy my lunch and we had plenty of time to talk before I needed to leave to get to my hair appointment. He took me in as soon as I got there. Just a trim, I told him, and we talked about what I should do (in the future) for styling my hair. Been going to this guy for years and years.... he knows my hair. He did like the gray distribution in my hair and commented on it. :-)
Coming home, hubby was still in the recliner as when I left him, playing with his phone. I asked him if he went to the gym. "No", he said, "because you didn't want to go with me." Is he a child that he needs his mother to go with him? sigh. NO, I still didn't go, but picked up my book to read a bit. (He actually had the TV off, which was very surprising.) Our new neighbor called and asked if we would be home for awhile and I aid yes. She said she had to run to the store but she'd be over later. I just said "OK", not knowing what that was about. When she came over, she brought me two dozen colorful roses as a thank you for fixing them dinner one night right after they moved in (taco soup). Found out, even with her beautiful new kitchen, she doesn't like to cook. Shocked, I was! I don't get it. I love to cook and bake and .... give it away. IN fact, I'm going to take a photo of my roses today and send to her and add the comment "please do not feel you need to reciprocate when I bake or cook and give to you. That is my love-gift and I get great pleasure out of it." It is always nice that they appreciate it, and I'm ok with gifts occasionally (after all, I give away things all the time), but I don't want anyone to feel obligated beyond a 'thank you'. Does that make sense?
I forgot other companies would be working yesterday and didn't put an out of office message on my computer. I have 25 messages the last time I looked yesterday - 2-3 for meetings, about 5 invoices to process part of it. I may jump online sometime today and get the invoices processed. Approve time cards. Or not.
I didn't sleep well last night, getting up about 3:15AM and coming in here. I last looked at the clock a bit after 4AM; but still didn't want to turn the light on, trying to sleep. And, I must have fallen into a deep sleep - until I heard hubby banging around in his bathroom (on the other side of the wall) and knew he would be getting my coffee. So the light came on and I took my pills and started reading. I may need to get nap in this afternoon. I do have Needles of Hope this morning and this time I will be driving over towards metro-center Panera. Where we usually meet has a large skylight and I guess it gets pretty hot under it - which is where we usually sit. So, it has been moved for tomorrow. It's a drive for me, but that's fine. Not as far as Prescott, which is from where one lady comes. And I know I can get a 'bottomless' cup of coffee....and pastry if I want it. Not bottomless pastry, 'just' a pastry. :-) If I want it. It's like going to Bosa donuts - you got to get one, right? I may as well grab a sandwich or a salad and take home when I leave at noon, for hubby always expects me to bring him lunch when I am gone until that time. Never seen anyone who can not make himself a sandwich if he has any hope of one being brought to him. And I don't always bring home lunch after Needles of Hope. But he will wait until I get home to see if I bring something or plan to fix something. I told him recently that he will starve to death if I die first. He won't even go to the grocery store for me, even for one thing. He refuses. He may go with me at times, but can't really remember the last time he did go.
One of my readings today was about journaling. I have taken it in spells over the past few years. I will write for awhile, and then quit and then start again. I like writing in journals, but they are mostly prayers now, which is fine. One could actually say that this blog is a journal of my life (probably more so than what I actually write). I will share more of my feelings in here about things, versus writing them out. Although that is the same, I guess. Typing is so much faster and if I need to erase, I can just backspace. What I read today in one of my readings was that perhaps even Paul, the Apostle, wrote in journals. The evidence is in this scripture:
2 Timothy 4:13 (NKJV): Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come - and the books, especially the parchments.
In Paul's day, parchments were the equivalent of today's paper journals. It seems like Paul, when reading his scrolls (the Bible) would write his spirit-filled thoughts and insights onto the parchments, and he wanted them to review. We can write scriptures that speak to us onto paper journals (or computer files) and write what they mean to us. What does God reveal to us through His Word? You know that I am always encouraging people to write thoughts or situations down in journals. I give journals as gifts, and I receive journals as gifts. One can never have too many journals! I try now to carry one journal with me (and I've forgotten it a few times now) in the car when I go someplace. Sometimes something will happen, or a thought will come to mind and if I don't have something to write it down in, I forget. You know you do too. How many times are you out in your car and you see something or hear something, and a thought comes to mind, and you wish you had a pen or pencil and a notepad to write it down in before you 'lose' it? THAT's why you need a journal and pencil and a pen (cause the pen may run out of ink or the pencil lead get broken) so that you can write down your thoughts.
Always know that your thoughts are valuable. You may think of someone you need to call or even send an email or text to. But by the time you get to where you can do that, you have already forgotten it. Don't lose those moments for you may not have that opportunity again to touch base. We never know from hour to hour what people are going through and they sometimes need to know someone cares for them. They know, but when they actually get that note that thought that text - they KNOW.
Something to think about. Put that journal and that writing instrument in your car now.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment