We packed up and headed out yesterday morning, stopping at a cafe in town for breakfast and then continuing through the 'old town' part for some shopping. An elderly man was walking his dog and stopped to tell us the story of how he got the dog. Seems the dog was thrown out on the freeway (hence the dog's name, 'Freeway') as a puppy and was found. But, when the bag was opened, the puppy took off and lived on the sides of the freeway for 3 years. People saw the dog and left food out for it (now mind you, this is a very small town) and finally, after three years, the dog was captured and put in their pound. This man said he was looking for a dog and went three time to check on this one, and finally took it, giving it the name 'Freeway'. True story or not, it was interesting. We all listened as he shared the story (standing on the sidewalk). Then he told us that he was from the antique store 'at the top of the hill' - so of course once the word 'antique was spoken', we had to head that way. And yes, when we finally got there, I did buy a couple things; not antiques, but cute. One thing is a metal cake holder - it's round with the lid coming off... has a handle on it.... reminded me somewhat of my Aunt Margaret's cake cover that always sat on the long freezer they had in the 'dining room' - and in it nearly every time was a delicious coconut iced white cake. It was my favorite and Aunt Margaret gave me instructions (somewhat) of how she made the icing. Back then it was a 'little bit of this and a little bit of that' - she made the recipe up in her mind as she made it. And every time it was perfect.
I was grateful for my 5PM gym time as hubby was getting quite clingy once he picked me up. And I told my trainer that I was not in the mood for leg work, in fact I really didn't want to be there - so he had me do chest and back workouts. Whatever. At one point he raised the weights on one back press - I asked him why did he do that? And he responded "because you are a badass'. Wow. Made me laugh anyway. He didn't mean it in a bad way.
My next appointment for one hour is tomorrow morning at 7AM.... then next week we go back to 30 minutes. I like the hour workouts, but unless I put more effort on the days I don't have the trainer, nothing much is happening. And I know that. I've got to do it myself or all this time and money is a waste. I'm going to take a notebook the next few times and write down what I do and at what weight so that when I am out of trainning sessions I can do it myself. And I forgot to tell my trainer about my dream with him in it. But as we chatted, he paused and made the comment (he has before told me that I remind him of his grandma who lives out of state and has dementia - but before the dementia, of course!) , that he wished his grandma didn't have dementia and lived here, for he thought she and I would be great friends. Isn't that sweet?
Hubby asked last night what I was going to do today... I told him JoAnn's and Ross.... which hopefully will mean that I get some time off by myself. Afterall, I am on vacation. I do need to make a run to my daughter's today with a small cake.... today is her 22nd BMT birthday. She has fought many battles to make it this far. And I am grateful God has heard my prayers for her.
Isaiah 55:6 (NKJV): "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near."
I am reminded, as I think about 22 years ago and what was going on, how close I felt to God at that time. I had faith that could move mountains. My faith is still there, I believe, but I have been beaten so much mentally and emotionally over the years that I find that I don't pray as often as I used to. I used to pray unceasingly.... always thanking God and asking Him questions, and just talking with Him. I really do miss those times. I've allowed 'life' to break me. As I recognized that several months ago, I began to pray and ask God to help me seek Him more purposefully, more diligently. And He gave me reasons to seek Him.
Issues with three grandchildren; two serious issues, would get my attention to pray. And pray I have - and I do believe God has answered prayers in both cases, although things are not as they should be - yet. One grandchild is still bent on doing things her way and no one else matters, not even her child. I'm not going into any of it... but these situations are so different although in the same family. And I am helpless to help (well, in one I will NOT help as it's all take and no give)... but I pray, and I continue to pray for each of my grandchildren and children.
And I still seek His face, for I am in desperate need of walking with Him. My heart is so bruised and broken over things... over life........ over relationships..... so many times I have just wanetd to 'give up' and well, I can't. I have to keep going. But as I thought about things this week, I realized things like "this could be my last Jailbreak Getaway". I mentioned that causally to the others and they just commented back 'well, it could be our last one too'.... and that is a true statement. But I think they missed what I was meaning. And it isn't rhat I am so 'old'... for I am not... and I am currently healthy and am trying to stay active and strong..... but life has a way of happening. Would I be missed? I'm sure I would be by some. Just like I miss my mama at times, so I get it. And that's why I treasure the memories I can make right now.
Seek the Lord now.... or it can be too late. He is near to each of us now... and I want more and more of Him; more and more of reading His Word; more and more of His peace. I want my life to reflect Jesus... and I have a lot of work to do in that area. I pray not for trials to drive me to my knees, but for such a great love that I can't stay away. Jesus is all that I need.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment