Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Coach is in!

This morning was the time set for Coach Olivia to give me a call to talk about my 'healthy pathway' profile.  It was a great conversation and I feel pumped to keep doing what I'm doing - eating more healthy and trying to work exercise in.

We discussed not only my eating habits but also my exercise habits.  I was grateful I didn't get 'beat up' about not getting as much exercise in as I had listed I wanted to.  I did explain to Coach Olivia that I am trying to focus on my walking now due to the Mini Marathon on May 4th.  We moved exercise such as strength-building to the end of May, so that I don't have that pressure on me.  Yes, I had selected it to work on, as well as aerobic, but some things need to be focused on more at this time.

It was a nice conversation and I look forward to her next call in April.  She will call me about every 4-6 weeks to check on me and see how I'm doing, plus I will be able to email her whenever I have any questions.  I told her about my joining the 'biggest loser' here at work and how I had come in third place last week on weight loss!  This week it won't be as good.  Hopefully I haven't gained any.

Speaking of the The Biggest Loser - wasn't Danni looking awesome last night at The Biggest Loser finale?  I believe she lost 102 pounds total and she looked amazing!  Her behavior showed she was excited but that she really wasn't sure what to do with all that weight loss.  She won $250,000.  I definitely don't need to lose that much, but have my goal in my mind on what I would like to lose.  I shared that with my Coach and she agreed it was in the right range and very do-able.

So now I'm excited about this weight-loss journey once again that I have placed myself on.  As long as other people don't discourage me, I can get through it just fine.  Discouragement comes in many forms, as you know.  Even "encouragement" can become discouragement if it is pressure.  You know what I'm talking about!

This is short cause it is about time for me to get busy with work, but I wanted to say something about my Coach call.

So how are you doing?  Have you set any goals you want to achieve this year?  What do they look like for you?  Take it one day at a time - eat less processed foods and more fresh fruits and vegetables!

Got to get to work!

Blessings!

No comments: