I feel like I have been running a marathon this week. Every day work has been busy, and every evening we have had something going on. Even with not working, hubby has had things he needed to do during the day that wasn't the norm.
Monday evening we had our time in the prayer room, Tuesday evening we had dinner with friends, last night was the Seder dinner at church (which was awesome) and tonight we have our group meeting at our house. Needless to say, I'm tired physically. Tomorrow is considered our 'spring holiday' so we are off work. I really do need a day off - but I already have things booked to do.
Hubby wants to get the dog over to the 'pet hotel' to get bathed and nails clipped. He wants to get my van to our repair place as the brakes seem to be squealing more than usual - but it is just for a check in the morning. I have a 10AM eye doctor (finally) appointment and 2PM am scheduled for the prayer room at church again. After that, I can play. (Yea) I need to go to the grocery and then make matza ball soup and charosis for my neighbor. I think Saturday is the last day of Passover so she is probably wondering why I haven't gotten it over to her yet. I just haven't had time to make it.
Saturday morning I'm scheduled for a 7.5 mile walk with a girlfriend, breakfast, then donate blood in the afternoon. I don't know what else is on the agenda. Maybe a nap.
In reading my middle child's post on facebook yesterday, it appears he got chosen to be on the jury for a DUI. I'm sure he was thrilled, but yet, I think he is pleased to be chosen. It is something different in his day; he is smart and he can listen attentively and make the right decision. Understandably, if someone is given a ticket for a DUI, chances are they were driving under the influence and why fight it. But, I guess there is always the doubt of what their alcohol level was. Since this child has also received ticket(s) for DUI, I'm sure he will be both sympathetic and trustworthy to make the right decision.
A friend is burying their daughter today. My heart breaks for them as I think back nearly 12 years ago when my daughter had leukemia, but by the grace of our God, He healed her. This daughter died of cancer. She was 42, and leaves behind a husband and two young children. She fought the fight for at least a couple years, but finally let go last week. Hubby is going to go to the funeral, but still being fairly new at work, I hesitate to ask off.
I want to choose wisely and not cause problems in asking for time off. Especially since I am taking off an entire week May 1 - May 7 to go back to Indiana for the mini marathon and to visit with family. I asked for that time off a couple months ago, wanting to be sure I asked for it first. Now I realize that asking for the lst of the month means working late on the 30th. No biggie - my plane doesn't leave until afternoon on the lst so I will be able to pack on the morning of the lst. My work requires that all authorizations for the previous month be inputted asap - meaning on the lst of the month. Oh well - my coworker loves overtime and will be thrilled to be able to get to have it.
I've had my share of overtime over the years and although the money does come in handy, if it really isn't needed, I choose not to do it. I leave the house at 6AM and don't usually get home until 6PM - and I'm tired when I get home. Granted, I don't have to be here until 8AM, but by leaving early I miss the heavy traffic and I also have time to do my blog when I get here to work. I rarely get on the computer at home - there just isn't time. I really do need to get on it and clean up some emails - I can delete off my iphone, but they stay on my computer. Double duty, double delete. If I really need to put in overtime, I skip the blog and start working when I come in, plus work through my lunch hour and perhaps an hour later. At least it is short term.
Our company bid for the acute population throughout the State got denied, and we even lost what we had in one county. Yesterday there was a meeting with AHCCCS to see if we could get some of the acute in Maricopa county. I haven't heard the outcome of that meeting yet. Not sure how the loss - or gain - will affect us as we are small and are still serving the long term care population in a few counties. There are a lot of areas we need to work on that affected the bid - i.e., claims processing timely, etc. Those things are crucial in a bid, as well as presentation of what we can do. I understand that part didn't flow too well either, and it is an oral presentation.
My thoughts are lazy this morning... just don't want to work on any one thought. I had a thought, but coworkers came in and spoke to me - so I lost it. :-) Must have been a good one.
Oh yeah - back to my reason for the title of today's blog! I got up at 3AM this morning instead of 4AM because I had also signed up for that time to pray at home. As I have mentioned in an earlier blog, our church is praying 24/7 this entire week. They had a couple open slots and I was able to jump in and fill them. Tomorrow afternoon will be the final hour I have signed up for. I love to get quiet and spend time in prayer. This morning I got up and went into my room to pray and it was so cool that when I heard the clock strike 4AM, I felt refreshed spiritually. It's been tough lately, just living life. I needed an in-filling and a refreshing time with the Lord.
My coworkers will all be arriving soon and since I am at a loss at the moment what else to talk about, I think I need to call it a 'blog'.
Hope you have a great day!
Blessings!
2 comments:
Just for clarification, I was in a group of jurors that were being selected from for a DUI case. I was NOT selected to serve on the 6-person jury, mainly because I have had a DUI, and was processed out with the voir dire.
Post a Comment