Sigh. It seems like it is 'always something' at times. I'm sure you feel that way too. You no sooner get one thing taken care of when another thing happens. Sickness. Tragedy. Car troubles. Oh - did I mention car troubles? Let me tell you about mine!
It wasn't long ago that I had to have a leak on the transmission fixed as well as the serpentine belt. I think I mentioned that in an earlier blog. Yesterday morning when I started the van up there was a second hesitation before it started. Enough to notice. I was hoping my finger had slipped in turning the key - anything. Last night as I prepared to leave work, there was about a three second hesitation. I knew then there was something wrong and I had a good idea of what it was. No clicking; just silence.
Thankfully, as I pondered the situation on the way home, I decided to call hubby to let me park in front of him (we have a one lane driveway) 'just in case'. That way if I had car issues we could still use his car. Well, that is exactly what happened this morning. I get the van all packed up and ready to leave - when, click-click-click-click!! Yep - the starter wouldn't turn over. I asked hubby to drive me to work. I have a coworker who lives near me so am going to ask her to take me home, if she is here today. I didn't think to call her this morning. Hubby fussed some about his inconvenience (he was going to go to the gym) but he did bring me.
But I'm thankful today. Why? Several reasons.
1. I got the 'warning' twice yesterday something was about to go out.
2. The van started both times yesterday without problems, getting me to and from work safely.
3. I parked in front of hubby so that we could use his car for transportation this morning.
4. We are only a mile from where we get our car repairs done so AAA can tow it there at no cost.
5. I trust the place we take the vehicles to.
6. It didn't start this morning rather than not starting here at work - 21 miles from home.
7. Minor inconvenience to get to work this morning and find a ride home, or call hubby to come get me.
8. I'm still at work early enough to write on this blog.
9. I'm grateful there is room on my credit card so that I can get the starter replaced.
10.It's POTLUCK FRIDAY here at work and I brought brownies (although I won't eat any).
I could probably come up with a few more things to be thankful for, but I am truly grateful the starter on the van stopped working at home and not here at work. That would be extremely stressful.
Hubby was a little discouraged this morning. After I had mentioned to him about the hesitation in starting yesterday, he shared this morning that he had gotten up early and had gone outside and prayed over my van, that it would start this morning and tonight. And it didn't. But I still feel what has happened is better. If it had worked today, we would not have gotten it into the shop, because it would still be working. With it happening this morning - Friday - if they can't get to it today they have time tomorrow cause I don't need the vehicle and I don't have to find a ride to work. It's the best thing. Other than having to pay for it.
So that is how my morning has started. I have a lot of work to do today from being in meetings all week. But, I do have a job that will pay for the repairs on my van, and put food on the table, and pay the bills. I am thankful.
Luke 18:1 'Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.'
Just because we pray and we don't get the answers we want doesn't mean we should stop praying. I have been praying some requests for years - and have not seen results - or at least the results I want or expect. But God is working and I need to do my part and just keep praying that He will answer. And I am confident that He will, but it will be in His timing, not mine.
Just like my van. God could have answered prayers and started it this morning. But He did the best thing - not starting it so that we'd get it fixed. I wasn't stranded. I was home.
Perhaps you prayed a prayer and it didn't get answered. At least not the way you wanted it to. Did you give up on God? Did you quit praying? That didn't help your request get answered either, did it? Like the woman who kept going to the judge and pestering him to help her until he gave in, we need to keep bringing our requests to God with the belief He will answer, but it will be in His timing and His way.
We may pray for financial relief (and He knows we all need it), but we have to do our part to get it. We may pray for healing, but He may want us to go to the doctor and use the doctor to heal us. And then again, His healing may be delayed because we are to touch others' lives with how we deal with the sickness. He may leave relationships in chaos, in spite of prayer, because there must be a give and take, forgiveness and grace. Life is sometimes hard, but it is mostly because we make it that way on ourselves.
Looking back on my life there are many things I would have changed, could I have seen into the future. I'm sure you feel the same way. You, as would I, would make many different choices in this journey called life if we had a 'do-over'. Some we would make the same choices. But they have been our choices in most cases, and we need to face them, deal with them, make the best of them - always seeking God's favor and will in correcting our wrong choices and setting us on the right path.
Wow - all this deep thinking and I was just telling you about the starter in my van not working properly this morning! I hope it has given you 'food for thought'.
What are you thankful for today? Keep praying and don't give up.
Blessings!
16 comments:
Aren't you happy it was the battery just going bad, rather than the more expensive starter?
I sure am! At least it is fixed now!
Hi there terrific website! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of work?
I have virtually no expertise in programming
however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon.
Anyways, if you have any recommendations or techniques
for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I simply
wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!
My webpage :: Equinox Anti Aging Formula
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact
was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?
My page ... Ripped XL Supplements
Awesome! Its in fact remarkable piece of writing, I have got
much clear idea about from this paragraph.
My homepage - super colo cleanse
I visited multiple sites except the audio feature for audio songs current at this
website is really superb.
my web blog Profit web system
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your web site provided us with valuable information to work
on. You've done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.
Also visit my web-site: SlimBerry Review
This is the right blog for anyone who really wants to find out about this topic.
You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject that's been written about for decades. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!
Also visit my web blog ... BeauteMD
Hi there! This is my first comment here so
I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
Thanks a lot!
My blog :: No2 maximus reviews
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every
day. It will always be helpful to read articles from other
writers and use a little something from other web sites.
My web site ... Max Robust Exterme **
Hurrah! At last I got a web site from where I know how to genuinely get valuable data regarding my study and
knowledge.
my web-site ... best Wrinkle Cream
Wow! In the end I got a website from where I
be able to in fact obtain valuable facts concerning
my study and knowledge.
My web-site ... vegan bodybuilding ()
Quality posts is the important to attract the visitors to go to see the website, that's what this web page is providing.
My web page; Viarex reviews
This is my first time go to see at here and i am in fact pleassant to
read everthing at one place.
My web site - Slim XS Diet
Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the easiest thing to
be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider
worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
buy Beta Force Muscle
My brother recommended I might like this blog.
He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You can
not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!
Thanks!
Here is my blog post ... Order Max Robust
Post a Comment