Tuesday, July 14, 2026

The talk went well....

 I guess I forgot what the ARC discussion midway through the year is about.  I was thinking, as you read yesterday, that I needed to have goals in place and what I was doing to get there, etc.  Well, it wasn't that, exactly.  It was just a conversation of what do I want to do and how am I getting there.... of course in years past Sue and I both said our mid-year goals were to 'retire'.  She is meeting that goal this year, albeit it has moved to August 31.  She reminded me yesterday.... she has 35 working days left.  Sigh.  Maybe I'll still shoot for 80.. which would be in three years.  Seems like such a long, long time, doesn't it?  Anyway, I don't get 'graded' and don't have to acknowledge this discussion like we do for the yearly one.  She said that she will just write that I'm on track for my goals and that I want to take on more responsibility.  And yes, I admitted, that right now if she doesn't give me work to do, I do get bored. Some days I have nothing to do.  Well, I DO have things to do, I just don't make them a priority.

Had a shoulder workout with Morgan yesterday.  Just remembered that I didn't write down the exercises in my book.  I'm hoping now that I can remember what I did so that I can get them written down. Some day I won't be able to afford personal training and will need to rely upon myself to do any workouts.  I have to keep working out and keep my body moving.  I loved my mama, I did, but I don't want to end my life sitting at a table all day long and waiting on someone to come visit.  You know people like that as well, don't you?  Go visit them. Encourage them to take a walk at the mall if it's too hot outside.  Keep them moving; keep them living.  

Life is too short to spend it sitting in one spot.  My mama died just short of 86.  I don't know that she ever really lived.  And that's sad.  Of course that is my opinion.  She did what her mama did.  Granny always sat on the front porch and rocked in the rocking chair.  I say I want to live to 103 - but live it healthy and strong.  I want to live life. Yeah, right now it is hard, with working and circumstances.  And I really don't know what I'd do if I wasn't working and didn't have circumstances to control my life.  But I would be living.  Not that I could travel a lot - I couldn't.  But... well, let's just leave this conversation here. I don't know what I'd do differently than now.  But I would feel I could fly, if I wanted to.  

My big brother's birthday is next week and he will be 81.  Hard to believe it because he is so active.  He is currently working on his snow-blower.  It's one of the powerful ones and last year with 10" of snow he said it wasn't working well.  So he is working on it now so that it will be ready for the snow this winter.  Now mind you, he could easily just buy a new one.  But he likes to tinker and fix things himself. (He recently built an entire computer innards by himself (with instructions, of course) and it is faster than anything he has had in the past.)  So he said by putting a new belt on the snowblower and a couple other parts, it is costing him $30 versus $300 if he bought a new one.  That is a big savings!  He recently had windows put in his screened porch so that they can sit out there.  I remember sitting in it when we were there last.  He's got it all fixed up with recliners, TV, etc.  Sent me a video the other day. He is always learning new things and fixing things and living life.  He just doesn't slow down.  And I want to be like that.  I want to keep moving and keep living and doing things, learning new things.

No workout today.  Hubby will be meeting with his friend (I think I have already shared they moved back to Tuesdays from Thursdays) and I will be taking Ms. Vicky out for an early birthday dinner.  When I visited the other day, I asked if her daughter was going to do anything. Ms. Vicky's birthday is next Monday.  She didn't they she would, unless it was on the weekend. So I offered to take her out - and the next thing I knew, it was decided on THIS Tuesday and not around her birthday. I know she wants company, so I agreed.  Not sure where I will take her yet.  Wherever she wants to go.  I ask myself 'What would Jesus do?" and know that He would help her enjoy the time.  Maybe I can bake a small cake over the weekend and take to her on Monday, so she won't feel forgotten.  She has one daughter here and one daughter in Nebraska.  Neither visit much, nor call.  I'm sorry she is alone most of the time, and does have some disability where she has to use a walker mostly, but can use a cane.  It's life. She is already bemoaning she will be 79 this year.  Another reason I push to work out.

Philippians 1:6 (NIV) He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Do you label yourself?  I know I label myself at times - and they usually are not positive labels.  You know what I'm talking about.  "I'm fat." "I'm lazy."  "I'm not smart enough to...." "I'm unorganized." "I just can't do it."  And so many more.  I'm sure you have labeled yourself many times as well.

And we need to stop that.  Why?

Because we are made in the image of God and He is none of those things.  Sure, we may procrastinate a bit too much, but that doesn't mean we need to wear that label.  Our desks or closet may be a mess, but that doesn't define who we are.  We are children of the Most High God.  We belong to Him.  Therefore, no label can be put upon us except that we are His children.  

God began a good work in you the day you were formed.  He knew what your future would be; Jesus knew what choices you would have to make - and which choices you did make.  Jesus knows all that from the very beginning - and yet He loves you with a love that is unfathomable.  Jesus began a good work in you, and He will continue to do that good work in you, until He returns again.  Sure, we don't know when that will be, but our 'job' is to be ready when He does return to claim us as His own.

Yes, sometimes life is hard.  Many people 'quit' and take the 'easy way out' of life because they just don't want to deal with it.  Life IS hard, but by the grace of God, He will always walk us through the tough times because He loves us so much.  Sometimes life is unbearable... but in Christ, all things are made perfect in Him.  

You are a gift from God.  You were made in His image. You are loved. You are valued. You are His child.  Nothing can come against you that has not first been filtered through Jesus.  He will walk with you through any battle you face.  Jesus loves you with a love that you have never been loved with.  Think about that!  I'm sure there are times many of us have felt unloved, unwanted.  But Jesus.  He loves us, and He wants us as His own.  Life is perfect in Him - no matter what comes against us.  Jesus will always be with us.

Some days that is what we hang on to.  Jesus is Lord, and nothing surprises Him.  I am His (and so are you).  Grab His hand; sometimes life is a ride.

Have an amazing day!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

GMTA - here I complain about sitting around home, and you bring that topic up as well. That's twice in the last week! LOL! You brought up 'labels' and it made me think of a video we watched in IOP. It is short, there is no speaking, but it has a powerful message (none-religious). Here it is, I found it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNS_D-pw8y4

It is short - 2-3 minutes

Rev Mom said...

wow. Powerful video! Love conquers all.