Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Just a little time left right now....

 I didn't sleep well last night - don't know what is going on with my left leg, but it was aching from the hip down to the foot last night.  I even rubbed Voltaren on it before going to bed.  Thoughts went through my mind as to what could I do - you can't see anything.... what tests would be involved to find out what is going on?  I'm just praying that Jesus - the Great Physician - will hear my prayers and bring healing to my body.  Yes, it is that painful that I'm praying over it.  I'm speaking the name of Jesus over it (think of the song).  He can do the impossible.  

But what if?  What if He chooses NOT to heal and it IS something?  Then He will give me the strength to get through whatever it is.  Sometimes the pain and suffering is not for the one going through it; it is for someone else to see.  Some of you would not understand that statement.  But think of it this way.  If someone suffers greatly and finds no relief, but yet their faith in Jesus does not fail - whether He heals them or not.... at what point would a child, a spouse, a grandchild.... at what point would they see their faith and be encouraged to turn from their own ways to turn to Jesus?  I've seen it happen!  I've read stories where - I forget who it was - but the woman had 12 children, I think it was.... and she prayed every day for each one of them, for their salvation.  By the time she had aged and was on her death bed, there was still the oldest who had refused Jesus.  She died.... but her prayers lived on.  A neighbor asked the atheist son (who was in his 80's) to go to church.  For the first time, he agreed to go.  He accepted Jesus as Lord that Sunday and was baptized.  His mama's prayers lived on and each of her children believed on Jesus and accepted Him into their lives.  Hallelujah!  I'm still praying that over each of my children, my grandchildren, and now my great-grandchildren.

I was able to get many of the trainings for work completed yesterday.  I think I have about 4 left to complete today.  Started out with about 20, I think.  And they will slide another one or two in by the due date in June, I'm sure. They always do.  But I'm getting these done as I don't have the much on my calendar right now.  AND, the board meeting did get cancelled for tomorrow so that's off my plate as well.

Morgan cancelled on me yesterday morning.  I had an 8:30AM workout - chest this time - but she said the stomach flu had arrived so cancelled me.  I think hubby has an appointment today.  I bought him some sleeveless shirts as he has been asking Morgan if she can see if he is gaining muscle as he works out - but she tells him he wears a short-sleeve shirt so she can't see the muscle working.  She told me about the conversation - he didn't - so I surprised him with some sleeveless shirts from Amazon yesterday. (Yes, he is spoiled)  I wasn't sure what size so bought one XL and 4 L..... he put on a large and it fit so he wore one all evening, and I see he has another one on this morning.  Since he hasn't ever worn a sleeveless shirt that I recall.... well, let's just say it's 'different' seeing him in one.  But I get it.  When I know I'm working my upper body (and it is warmer), I have taken to wearing my tank tops so that Morgan can see if I am working the right muscles and doing the exercise correctly.  I don't wear them all the time, but since I knew I had 'chest' yesterday, I was ready to go until I got the text.  I did do a few squats and lunges yesterday here in the bedroom.  I've ordered a tai chai chair exercise chart.... I want to see if I can start doing things from my chair during the day - they say only 7 minutes a day is all it takes to tighten up various parts of the body.  I do enjoy exercising - and seeing the results!

Housecleaners will be here today so I need to empty my trash cans and pick up a few things.  We don't 'clean' before they come, but we do put things away.  I haven't let him in here to clean since about October.... I may let him in to run the sweeper though.  I still have stuff stacked on the tables and desks in here - one of these days.... right?

Another person is resigning from work - what is going on?  This is one from legal.  This makes about 4-6 people in the last six months that is leaving or has left.  And of course Sue is leaving July 31 - although her boss told her if they haven't found someone to replace her, they would give her a good retention bonus if she could stay until they get someone on board.  Will see how that works out.  She's going to Aruba in June - and to the northeast in September - so that still leaves August.  

I was thinking we were going to Pine in August, but we are not - it's Heber/Overgaard area.  And, this will be the last year we will go somewhere.  I won't let hubby drive, and I'm getting to where I don't want to drive long distances.  Personal reasons. I won't go there. Sigh.  Unless I'm running away to be alone. Just saying.  It will be here before we know it.  It's hard to believe we will be in May come Friday!  Another year flying by.

I probably could write more this morning, but I'm out of time and need to get on the work computer. I could draft this, and write later.... but knowing me, I may forget to do so.  I guess this is all you will get today.

I'm feeling 'out of sorts' today.... do you ever feel that way?  Nothing really wrong... but you are waiting for the 'other shoe' to drop?  I'm so tired... no so much physically, but mentally.  Heard yesterday that our great-granddaughter may be given back to the mother instead of getting to come with our family.  That is causing havoc for some.  My son is beside himself.  All I can do is pray.  The child should not be with her mother.... for so many reasons.  But she played the mama deprivation card in a conference call with DCS the other day.... she has none of her 4 children.... and the only one she wants is the oldest, which is our great-granddaughter.  Revenge?  Possibly.  But I fear for this child, especially because of the trauma she has already gone through.  And again, all I can do is pray.... please say a prayer as well that she will be protected from harm and abuse.  Thanks.

And with that - I'm off here - two minutes to 7AM - got to turn the computer on.

Blessings!

No comments: